Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 14: February-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah's half-sisters, although blonde, look a great deal like the Major--especially around the eyebrows. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics 20.7.2009

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, leaving China Tang Restaurant,
London, Britain, July 20, 2009 . Geir Frantzen and his daughter
were with her.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Pics 21.7.2009

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York and Geir Frentzen
leaving the Dorchester Hotel, London, Juy 21, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Does someone know who is Geir Frentzen ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does someone know who is Geir Frentzen ?

He's owns a frozen food company called Findus. You can do a Google search on him.
I hope she marries him.

Thanks! That would be weird though if she remarries him, many are still hoping for a remarriage between Fergie & P. Andrew.

I'd be really shocked if either Sarah or Andrew remarries, honestly. For one -- and this isn't meant as criticism -- I think she'd be reluctant to give up the use of the moniker "Sarah, Duchess of York." She's very identified with that name, and I don't think she'd want to lose it.

Also, a spokesperson for Geir Frantzen said a while ago that he had a "long-term partner" back home in Norway. I think Sarah said the same thing in an interview, so I can't see Sarah marrying him. She says she isn't able to find a partner, but sometimes I wonder if she deliberately only sees men she knows won't marry her. I'm not even sure Sarah's relationship with Geir is romantic, or if they're just friends. I remember when Count Gaddo della Gherardesca was called her boyfriend, yet I think he was separated but not divorced from his wife. And when he was asked about his relationship with Sarah, he gave some cryptic comment such as, "we're friends with a deep connection." :ermm:

Sarah was on The Today Show yesterday (Friday) for a segment they've been running called Duchess for a Day. She goes out and interviews people who should be honored for community activities and then brings them back to the studio for special rewards. Haven't seen the other segments but it was interesting.

Last edited:
I am sorry I missed that. There has been nothing said about it in the papers here in Michigan or on the News, for that matter. It would have been interesting to see Sarah; although I have to confess that I rarely get up that early to watch TV. :-( Thank you for the head's up on Sarah, iowabelle. (I would have gotten up early to see Sarah...)

I'd be really shocked if either Sarah or Andrew remarries, honestly. For one -- and this isn't meant as criticism -- I think she'd be reluctant to give up the use of the moniker "Sarah, Duchess of York." She's very identified with that name, and I don't think she'd want to lose it.

Uses her title to the MAX. She would have to recreate herself.

Way too many "We's", imo. Well said, ada. I think I will pass on getting up early to see anymore...

I heard she's one of the producers of the "The Young Victoria" film.Sarah also helped a lot by providing precious info about Q.Victoria.Her daughter,Beatrice,has a small part in the movie as well,she appears at Q.Victoria's wedding.

:previous: from the article-
She's now on my payroll, a mum of three, with a criminal record for assaulting another mum. Like her, I've made mistakes. I wanted to give her another chance.'
No Sarah, not quite the same. She doesn't appear to have any idea of reality for many of these people. She wants to try helping out at CAB or any of the advice centers that really help those who are in need!
The hoodies I spoke to thought I was a toffee-nosed git and were effing and blinding.
:lol:

I really admire her. The Duchess is helping people in a way she's comfortable with. And if she's helping her profile at the same time then good for her!

What's her GOAL for these people? Any word or article on that?

I would assume that the goal is for these people to start to reinvest some pride into their community and manage the project themselves. That was the vision behind her previous project in Hull and I would assume that the Duchess has located an area where any investment has failed in the past due to the attitudes and lifestyles of residents.
I got the impression from the article that the Duchess works with residents desperate for change and empowers them to make those changes.

It seems that someone doesn´t want Sarah Ferguson´s help/interference.

I wish she would take up a cause that the people being helped can appreciate, perhaps she could include "too many young people with guns" with the "too many young people with knives".
Well there is one benefit out of all this, it makes Sarah feel good about herself.
It reminds me of someone I knew who was always telling people what a good person she was "I give to the poor, you know".. :whistling:

I haven't watched the show....but unless Sarah is writing on this board....I find it highly speculative for us to "guess" her motives.

If one is to guess then wouldn't it be the honourable thing to assume her motives are based on altruism and kindness....

If one is to guess then wouldn't it be the honourable thing to assume her motives are based on altruism and kindness....
Are you suggesting she has completely changed her character? Every programme Sarah has been involved in seems to have been for the benefit of Sarah. There are so many charities/people better placed and with a REAL understanding to tackle problem estates than Sarah Ferguson. If her help was altruistic, (Unselfish concern for the welfare of others), then surely she would have helped quietly, not with her silly disguise (you don't need it dear, most don't know who you are) and a camera crew attached! :whistling:

As it is, she comes across as using the less fortunate for her own ends.:nonono:

Skydragon, I think I'm falling in love with you and your cynicism...

Skydragon, I think I'm falling in love with you and your cynicism...
I can be such a breath of fresh air, can't it? :D

I've been involved with the Jaycees (Junior Chamber) and JCI (Junior Chamber International) and the main goal is to teach leadership through community service projects, etc.
Now for Sarah to have a GOAL with an area like that is key. Did she want to find jobs for everybody? Did she want to help launch businesses? Help the school? Care for the sick? A clear, and concise CPG (Chairman's Planning Guide) would go a long way for Sarah to help realize goals and affect change with the people in that area. And it would help teach them to empower themselves and affect change.

I'm not sure one can pretend to see clear behind someone's action, especially when trying to find motives (unless you are from Minority Report?!). Making publicity for a charity is a lot better than posing for a fragrance or whatever. At least, it brings attention to an important cause. Not sure people care if it also gives her some publicity.

Are you suggesting she has completely changed her character? Every programme Sarah has been involved in seems to have been for the benefit of Sarah. There are so many charities/people better placed and with a REAL understanding to tackle problem estates than Sarah Ferguson. If her help was altruistic, (Unselfish concern for the welfare of others), then surely she would have helped quietly, not with her silly disguise (you don't need it dear, most don't know who you are) and a camera crew attached! :whistling:

As it is, she comes across as using the less fortunate for her own ends.:nonono:

Last edited:
What's her GOAL for these people? Any word or article on that?

These quotes are from the Manchester Evening News:
The Duchess on the estate - Showbiz - News - Manchester Evening News

Inspiration comes from a visit to Julie Bascombe, a Blackpool resident who turned her community around by setting up a youth centre called Dreamscheme.

Bringing together the mothers of Northern Moor, the Duchess helps transform a council owned building on Sale Road into a community centre.

That's Sarah's goal...to build a sense of community in crime-ridden neighbourhoods. She wants to build a community centre because a youth centre in Blackpool is credited with improving the quality of life there. The quotes below explain what Sarah is doing to achieve her goal:

"I inspire people to get on and do things by rallying the troops. I’m an enabler. What saved people after the Blitz was a cup of tea and a biscuit. It was the community centres and village halls where you could go and talk and someone would listen to you.

“If we communicated more, there would be fewer problems. So I want to set up community centres to bridge the gap between young and old, and Northern Moor housing estate was my blueprint.”

Sarah knows she will be accused of being the privileged ex-royal who puts on a show of helping disadvantaged people for the sake of her public image. She responds to that type of criticism below:

Asked if she was concerned that she would be accused of being patronising, the Duchess told the magazine: “Of course. I’m accused of everything right, left and centre. Patronising would be sitting in London, telling Dawn what to do. The bottom line is that if Dawn says she needs £40,000 for the centre, I go and raise it. That’s my job.”

Well, she's right about that. If she didn't do anything, she'd be accused of being a selfish socialite. If she tries to do something, she's accused of doing it wrong, having the wrong motives, not really meaning it, not understanding the issues, or whatever.

People who don't like a particular royal (or ex-royal) can always level those accusations. For some people, nothing Sarah does, short of dropping dead, will ever be worthy of a positive comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom