Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 14: February-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is really revealled is that Sarah is hopeless with money. Just as well she has Prince Andrew to fall back on when she is in debt, no wonder she still lives under his roof.

What is really revealled is that Sarah is hopeless with money. Just as well she has Prince Andrew to fall back on when she is in debt, no wonder she still lives under his roof.
Well, even Andrew has a limit to his patience, I think.
Maybe she can take some classes. I have 1 son who is like what I see happening to Sarah, they don't save they constantly say, "I need to make MORE money" instead of working efficiently with what they have. And the other one is a saver and can live on quite less. Even though the elder one--I am confident-- will make scads of money in his life time, I will be a nice bottle of Merlot the younger will retire in a much better and wealthier position. . . ;)

It is against the law to continue to run a company when that company has gone into debt. There has been a few high profile examples lately, I wonder if Sarah will end up in jail.

It is against the law to continue to run a company when that company has gone into debt. There has been a few high profile examples lately, I wonder if Sarah will end up in jail.

Since when has it been against the law, in Australia?

Almost every business I know has gone into debt at some stage or other - including the school where I work which is incorporated - every month we are in debt until certain payments are made but we certainly don't breach any law by continuing to do business. It certainly happens with a lot of small businesses due to waiting for bills to be paid before being able to pay out their own expenses and thus they are in debt.

Also just because something is illegal in Australia doesn't mean that it is illegal in other countries and each country will need to have its own laws on this issue.

It is against the law to continue to run a company when that company has gone into debt.
I think you mean 'insolvent' rather than 'in debt'. Every company has debts, as does anyone who uses a credit card or has a mortgage.

Wisteria said:
Just as well she has Prince Andrew to fall back on when she is in debt
Do you have any evidence to show that Prince Andrew has paid off debts incurred by Sarah Ferguson in the past?

Last edited:
She denied she was in financial strife after being taken to court over unpaid bills.
But more questions have been raised about the Duchess of York's finances after her U.S. business closed with debts of more than $1million (£630,000).
Hartmoor LLC, set up by Sarah Ferguson in 2006, was closed after two years' trading.
'Sarah is facing the same problems as many other people are the current economic climate,' a source close to the duchess told the Daily Mail

Read more: Fergie's Manhattan firm goes bust with million-dollar debts | Mail Online

I think you mean 'insolvent' rather than 'in debt'. Every company has debts, as does anyone who uses a credit card or has a mortgage.

Do you have any evidence to show that Prince Andrew has paid off debts incurred by Sarah Ferguson in the past?

I didn´t say that Warren, don´t put words into my mouth. I said she is lucky to have Prince Andrew to fall back on, that is when she needs a roof over head or moral support, there are not many ex husbands who are so good to their ex wives, especially cheating ones.

Let's stay away from the cheating comments. We all know what happened in the early 1990's....its now 2009. Time to move on.

Mmmmmhhhh Money troubles run thruough all in these tough global economic times- hate to see that in any case. I do like however, how Sarah and Andrew seem to get along so well even after the divorce, which is rare rather than the norm these days!

A lot of very hardworking people have lost their businesses and homes in the last year or two. There's nothing to be ashamed of there.

True, she no longer employs a flunkie to collect, print and send out photographs to her friends: a glorified stamp licker, if you like.

Nor does the Duchess of York need to retain her own dresser and butler; there are more domestic staff at Royal Lodge than even Fergie could shake a stick at.

(She has been staying at the 30-room residence in Windsor Great Park as a permanent guest of Prince Andrew since February last year.)

I didn´t say that Warren, don´t put words into my mouth.
No, but the inference was clear enough.
Maybe it would be better if you state exactly what you mean in the first place rather than explaining it after you have been challenged to back it up.

A lot of very hardworking people have lost their businesses and homes in the last year or two. There's nothing to be ashamed of there.
This is very true. The real question is: If one is down, will they get back up. We have seen Sarah get back up over more damaging things so I expect her to dust herself off and begin again. . .

No, but the inference was clear enough.
Maybe it would be better if you state exactly what you mean in the first place rather than explaining it after you have been challenged to back it up.

It is a very bad habit to always think the worse of people Warren, you should try and see the good in people.
Actually I think my English is quite clear, and if someone infers wrongly well that is not my fault. Sarah is indeed very very lucky to have someone who supports her so strongly as her ex husband does.

... you should try and see the good in people...
Ah, but as long-term moderator of this and other forums one gets a very good insight into the attitudes of various members towards the subjects under discussion.

To make a general observation: those members who enjoy posting negative or snarky comments in any of the Diana, Camilla, POW, Beatrice, Sarah, Kate Middleton, Letizia, Mary, Marie Chantal, Lalla Salma, Queen Rania, Princess Haya, Charlene Wittstock, etc threads can usually be counted on to be quite consistent and determined in their negativism.

Last edited:
Perhaps someone being a moderator of so many forums, making almost a career of it, makes for being cynical. Generally speaking, of course.

Anything anyone says can be misinterpreted by other posters and moderators alike. Whilst someone might be playing devils advocate or speaking with a wry tone to their post, some will see it as biased or just plain bitchy.
There is everything to be ashamed of if it is through spending more than you knew you would have coming in and there is no comparison between Sarah and genuine hard working people.

As does someone who visits any of the forums regularly. It doesn't take long to pick up on who is/isn't various posters' favourites and least favourites.:ermm:

Ah, but as long-term moderator of this and other forums one gets a very good insight into the attitudes of various members towards the subjects under discussion.

As does someone who visits any of the forums regularly. It doesn't take long to pick up on who is/isn't various posters' favourites and least favourites.:ermm:

Does that mean you think everyone should be neutral Mermaid?
In my case it has nothing to do with favourites, liking or disliking anyone, it is more a case of approving or disapproving, which I suppose/hope is permitted. :D

Let's get back on topic...the current events thread of Sarah, Duchess of York.

As previously stated, The Royal Forums is a discussion forum and we encourage all discussion as long as it follows the rules.

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the British mods and/or TRF administrators via PM.

Thanks!

Zonk

British Forums Moderator

I think Sarah means well in setting up her charities, but she strikes me as the type of person, who, when she gets an idea, proceeds headlong into a project before working out the fine details that go into it. I also get the feeling that she prefers to let other people take care of the running of the business either because she doesn't want to be bothered by the details and doesn't care to know because she trusts everything will be handled properly. I feel that she's bit off much more than she can chew and now she's in too deep. I think she's hoping the movie will save her also and that's not wise.
I admired Sarah for rising up out of her financial troubles the first time, but a second time, no.

No, of course not. I was just making an observation. I certainly have my own likes and dislikes.:flowers:

Does that mean you think everyone should be neutral Mermaid?
In my case it has nothing to do with favourites, liking or disliking anyone, it is more a case of approving or disapproving, which I suppose/hope is permitted. :D

I believe her birthday is Oct. 15th so it's close.

Thanks Frank. :flowers:
It was a little difficult to read the translation, though, one could get the gist of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics 10.10.2009

Back in green:

Sarah, Duchess of York, attends the ACLT Gift of Life Ball at
Altitude 360, Millbank Tower, London, England, October 10, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom