The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 09:08 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Pop princess Kylie has been handed an award during a private audience with Prince Philip at Windsor Castle.

The Can't Get You Out Of My Head singer was honoured for her contribution to British-Australian relations.

And judging by the looks on their faces, the Duke said something to make her chuckle.
Read more: Kylie and Prince Philip share a laugh as he hands her award during private audience at Windsor Castle - ITV News

Old 04-04-2017, 07:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Anybody else besides me really wish we knew what Philip said and if it was one of his famous gaffes or not?

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-05-2017, 04:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

This belongs to the State Visit thread but it's closed. Maybe a moderator can add it accordingly.
EPHRAIM HARDCASTLE: D-Day UK visit for Spain's King Felipe | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-11-2017, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh opened the Centre for Elephant Care at Whipsnade Zoo, Dunstable, Bedordshire, today, April 11. They also opened and attended a lunch at Priory View also in Dunstable, Bedfordshire:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** dailymail: Pleased to meet you, Ma'am! Prince Philip chuckles as the Queen is given a VERY friendly greeting from an Asian elephant ..**
Old 04-11-2017, 08:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Oh my! Those pictures of HM and the DoE with Elizabeth the Elephant have just made my day.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Mine too.

The Royal Family‏ @RoyalFamily
Her Majesty and The Duke meet the keepers and are presented with a photograph of baby Elizabeth, born in The Queen's 90th birthday year.
Picture: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9IIKwyXYAAXXpv.jpg

The Royal Family‏ @RoyalFamily
Four-year-old Arthur greets The Queen and presents HM with a beautiful little posy of flowers.
Pictures:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9IInQLXkAEDH_e.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9IIorbWAAARNwf.jpg

Videos:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh have fed bananas to an elephant at Whipsnade Zoo in Dunstable today, after opening its new Centre for Elephant Care and unveiling a commemorative plaque.
Home - ITNSource News
Old 04-25-2017, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Today, April 25, Queen Elizabeth hosted a ceremony to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Motability at Windsor Castle:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 04-25-2017, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth Ii Pictures and Photos | Getty Images

The Queen hosts 40th anniversary of the Motability charity | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-26-2017, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth met with the President of Guyana David Granger at Windsor Castle today, April 26 - such a nice setting on pic 1!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 04-27-2017, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

More from April 25 - Queen: My grandson is nine and he does nothing else but try to drive a car:
Old 04-27-2017, 12:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Queen Elizabeth met with the President of Guyana David Granger at Windsor Castle today, April 26 - such a nice setting on pic 1!
The view is stunning! Thank you for always finding & posting links to such wonderful pictures

Her quote about James wanting to drive a car is very sweet!
Old 04-29-2017, 08:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
More from April 25 - Queen: My grandson is nine and he does nothing else but try to drive a car:
How cute! I love how she adds "mostly mine!" when referring to James trying to drive cars. Sophie has mentioned before that James is obsessed with cars so it's cute that the Queen knows. I am also impressed she knows his age - my nanny has 10 grandchildren and i'm pretty sure she wouldn't know our ages.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Say what you will but at 91 years young, HM is still as sharp as a tack. She knows what is going on around her probably more than most people would. Although her life is a busy one and duties prevail, I think she does seriously keep up with her family and loves her times with her kids and grandkids.

She would be able though to keep a sharp eye on Louise and James though as their Bagshot Park is close to Windsor Castle where HM prefers to spend her weekends. Louise and her grandmother have an affinity for horses. It just seems that James is gravitating more towards horsepower in an engine. Too cute!

Old 04-29-2017, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Video: Interior shots of Queen Elizabeth II meeting with David Granger,... Stock Footage Video | Getty Images
Old 05-03-2017, 10:57 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Edinburgh as Honorary Life Member of the Marylebone Cricket Club opened the Warner Stand at Lord's Cricket Ground in London today, May 3:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Duke Of Edinburgh Opens New Warner Stand At Lord's Cricket Ground **

** express: Duke of Edinburgh opens new Warner stand at Lord's Cricket Ground **
Old 05-04-2017, 08:18 AM
Majesty

Elliot Wagland‏ @elliotwagland
Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh arriving at Chapel Royal in St James's Palace today via @PA

https://twitter.com/elliotwagland/st...89365455925248
Old 05-04-2017, 08:38 AM
Administrator

They attended a service for Members of the Order of Merit at the Chapel Royal, St. James's Palace. Afterwards they gave a luncheon for those attending the service:

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 05-04-2017, 03:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
QUEEN AND DUKE HOST RECEPTION AT ST JAMES' PALACE-
Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth attended an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace today, May 5:

** Pic 1 ** standard gallery ** dailymail article **
Old 05-09-2017, 08:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Elizabeth with Prince Philip visit today the Pangbourne College in Berkshire county

Belga Image

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Queen+E...ge/jykyu_9XB3S

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ool-visit.html

Queen Elizabeth meets His Holiness Pope Tawadros II, 118th Pope of Alexandria and Patriarch of the See of Saint Mark (CL) during a private audience at Windsor Castle, Berkshire on May 9, 2017.

http://www.belgaimage.be/#/gallery/5801895

Closed Thread

Tags
queen elizabeth ii, the duke of edinburgh