The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sure IMO theres no underlying reason other than what has been stated- they both have colds. It would seem, as we haven't heard otherwise, they were well enough to attend lunch yesterday with the family so I really think this is a case of two 90+year olds saying they don't feel great today so aren't going to sit on a train for three hours as they can just as easily go tomorrow. If they were really ill or security was an issue they could have / would have gone by helicopter.

Old 12-21-2016, 01:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I'm sure IMO theres no underlying reason other than what has been stated- they both have colds. It would seem, as we haven't heard otherwise, they were well enough to attend lunch yesterday with the family so I really think this is a case of two 90+year olds saying they don't feel great today so aren't going to sit on a train for three hours as they can just as easily go tomorrow. If they were really ill or security was an issue they could have / would have gone by helicopter.
Doesn't come as a surprise does it!Most 90+ years old are already 6 foot under...So,those that still live are untitled to an occasional caugh aren't they I'd say!

Old 12-21-2016, 01:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Doesn't come as a surprise does it!Most 90+ years old are already 6 foot under...So,those that still live are untitled to an occasional caugh aren't they I'd say!
Thanks lucien. You've just put a picture in my head of HM and the DoE all cozied up with lots of pillows and blankets and having hot chicken noodle soup on trays in front of the TV and catching up on favorite shows or maybe being sentimental and watching a DVD of "South Pacific" yet again.

If any couple deserve to be coddled it is this duo.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-21-2016, 02:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

thanks Osipi for the cute picture I agree if anyone deserves some coddling and just rest it is these two. Hopefully they get the rest needed for the weekend.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:55 PM
Courtier

Osipi u r such a darling
Old 12-21-2016, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Oh dear, I hope that both HM and Prince Philip get better soon. It would be unfortunate if they were ill over the Christmas period.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-21-2016, 07:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Hope that the colds are of short duration and that there is no repeat of when Phillip was very ill during the Christmas of 2011.
Old 12-21-2016, 07:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think we can all rest assured that no matter what the illness, the couple will have the very best of medical attention at their disposal. Nothing will be chanced or overlooked and everything taken into consideration.

The only snafu I could see in this is getting the DoE to meekly follow doctor's orders. HM would listen and heed but I imagine the DoE still doesn't go quietly into the night and does things his own way.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-21-2016, 07:55 PM
Majesty

Maybe the two of them, and the remaining dorgi, will be driven to Sandringham rather than worry about a train journey. I hope the Queen and Prince Philip get better soon and can have their usual lovely Christmas at Sandringham. If, by some misfortune, neither can make it, possible at their ages, I suppose the Sandringham gathering will go ahead anyway and Charles will be the host.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Maybe the two of them, and the remaining dorgi, will be driven to Sandringham rather than worry about a train journey. I hope the Queen and Prince Philip get better soon and can have their usual lovely Christmas at Sandringham. If, by some misfortune, neither can make it, possible at their ages, I suppose the Sandringham gathering will go ahead anyway and Charles will be the host.
Could be, or the family take Christmas to them (the Queen and Philip) at Windsor or Buckingham Palace.

Although, I'm guessing they will make it to Sandringham.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-21-2016, 08:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Have they ever not gone to Sandringham?

LaRae
Old 12-21-2016, 08:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Could be, or the family take Christmas to them (the Queen and Philip) at Windsor or Buckingham Palace.

Although, I'm guessing they will make it to Sandringham.
I would think Windsor if sandringham is too far. Windsor would accommodate a private family Christmas. Buckingham is better suited for official dinners, or the lunch recently.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Have they ever not gone to Sandringham?

LaRae
For many years they did Christmas at Windsor and decamped to Sandringham for Boxing Day. Then the family kept expanding in the 80s so the Queen decided to change things to how they are now - extended family Christmas in the week before Christmas at BP and she and Philip would move to Sandringham a few days before Christmas while everyone else would move in for their short stay on Christmas Eve with many of them leaving either on Christmas Day itself or on Boxing Day.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Ah ok thanks Bertie!

LaRae
Old 12-22-2016, 07:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wasn't it after the fire at windsor that the move to Sandringham was made permanent? Hopefully the Queen and Philip will be feeling better soon, it will be interesting to see if they do travel today as was suggested by some sources yesterday.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Thanks lucien. You've just put a picture in my head of HM and the DoE all cozied up with lots of pillows and blankets and having hot chicken noodle soup on trays in front of the TV and catching up on favorite shows or maybe being sentimental and watching a DVD of "South Pacific" yet again.

If any couple deserve to be coddled it is this duo.
The chicken noodle soup!!That'll do it!!Plus the cozy picture you describe above!!plus the "move over cabbage" and "Philip!Not again!"

They're going to be OK,they are mastodonts!
Old 12-22-2016, 09:21 AM
Majesty

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have just left Buckingham Palace by helicopter to start their Christmas break at Sandringham, Norfolk
Old 12-22-2016, 09:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

@BBCPeterHunt:
The Queen and Prince Philip, who had heavy colds, will fly by helicopter to Sandringham in Norfolk to start their Christmas break-
https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCPeterH...23845112283136

I guess it's best for them to fly there than travel on the train. Hopefully, no one will have a problem with them using the helicopter to fly to Sandringham. Any other royal, people would be doing backflips on the net.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-22-2016, 09:49 AM
Gentry

Good for them, I hope their have a Happy Christmas time
Old 12-22-2016, 09:55 AM
Aristocracy

I thought the Queen would not ride in a helicopter.

Closed Thread

Tags
queen elizabeth ii, the duke of edinburgh