Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 26: December 2014 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
H.M.The Queen attended the Windsor Royal Horse Show in Windsor, Britain on May 13th

PPE Agency

:previous:

Video:
The Queen has joined wounded veterans and other Army personnel to unveil a memorial paying tribute to soldiers killed while serving in an infantry regiment. Family and friends of fallen soldiers from the Duke of Lancaster's Regiment were among those at the service to unveil a statue of the "Lion of England" featured on its royal badge. After the service of dedication the Queen placed a wreath below the statue, and praised the work of the memorial's creators-
Home - ITNSource News

Queen Elizabeth as Colonel-in-Chief of The Duke of Lancaster's Regiment unveiled a Memorial to the fallen at the National Memorial Arboretum, Alrewas, Staffordshire today, May 17: ** gettyimages gallery ** ** dailymail: ‘In Memory Of The Glorious Dead’: The Queen wipes away a tear in rare public display of emotion..**

That is one spectacular statue! Those of you who loathe expressionist art - go look at this Lion! He is magnificent.
What a sweet photo of the Queen reaching out to touch/read the wounded warrior's sleeve graphic. HM really does have a beautiful spirit IMO. :flowers:

I was worried when you called it 'impressionist' for while I love impressionist paintings, many of the sculptures are way too modern IMO for my taste. But pleasantly surprised to see the lion, a bit of a stretch IMO to call it impressionist. I would love to see it in person :flowers:

The queen was so touched and genuine at the ceremony. Amazing to see this side of her. She does have such a big heart.

Random question- does anyone know when the next British state visit is? I was wondering and couldn't find the info

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Does anyone know where one could follow the State Opening of Parliament online? Thanks.

Random question- does anyone know when the next British state visit is? I was wondering and couldn't find the info

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I believe that there is to be a State Visit from Columbia in November this year. I can't find any information of any others. Usually there are two a year but the last one was last year, again in November, so that will be a year in between them.

They were planning a State Visit from Spain in February but it was cancelled due to the political situation in Spain.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt
The Duke of Edinburgh will not attend commemorations marking the Battle of Jutland in Orkney following medical advice.

Prince Philip is not in hospital. Buckingham Palace hasn't said what is wrong with him.

It's understood Prince Philip has no plans to cancel any other engagements this week

Duke of Edinburgh to miss commemoration on medical grounds - ITV News

Last edited:
I wish him well, but sometimes one just don't feel up to doing things.

The reality of these people age will continue to be more evident now.

He is 95 qand still active. It's rather the norm at his age that some (as minor as they could be) injuries or bothers can be overwhelming. Still, I am rather "slow" in accepting that. Wishing all the best to this enviable man!

I don't think he's ill. He's been advised not to go so he's not going. Whilst I can't imagine Philip took the decision lightly it's evidence that he is realising his age.

It could be anything from a slight cold to a turned ankle or anything minor that just requires a day or two of rest. I don't think there's any cause for real alarm either.

If it was something minor, the palace would've mentioned it. Like when The Queen pulls out of an engagement due to a bad back or cold. There's some aspects of the Prince Philip's health that he and the palace don't want people to know about. That's his business of course, but he's about to turn 95 folks. Anything can come about at anytime.

Last edited:
I suspect its simply because it means travelling such a long way. Interestingly Anne was planned to attend all along and I wonder if this is a new strategy that Philip attends events with other members of the RF so if he needs to skip it he can.

It's a shame that Prince Philip will not be attending the event in Orkney as I'm sure he will be disappointed not to be going. By flight it's around 525 between London and Orkney so I guess a flight time of 1hr 30 mins - quite a trek there and back.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36413087

Last edited:
SkyNews UK just had an interview with Tim and he said he has a 'minor' issue and this is precautionary. I have paraphrased Tim's words by the way. I am sure he wouldn't be saying anything without the approval of HM and Philip (and Anne) of course so it sounds like more a precaution than a major health scare.

He has a very busy two weeks ahead and I am sure he wants to be beside HM over the birthday weekend next week:

9th June - a visit to the cricket (he loves his cricket and I am sure he would love to make his annual visit to Lords).
10th June - 95th birthday and a Church Service and Reception for the Commonwealth GGs
11th June - Trooping the Colour
12th June - the Party in the Mall
13th June - Garter Day
14th - 18th June - Ascot

I hope Prince Philip make it to all of those events!

I noticed in the article posted it mentioned that the event at Jutland was prone to be quite windy. Maybe its a precautionary measure as we've seen what happened with the DoE when he was exposed to the weather for the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant. He ended up in the hospital.

Better to be safe than sorry especially with all the events coming up soon.

Golly I hope we don't over react every time something like this happens. They are both in their '90s this is what is going to happen from now on. The have the best medical care in the world and are well looked after.

Golly I hope we don't over react every time something like this happens. They are both in their '90s this is what is going to happen from now on. The have the best medical care in the world and are well looked after.

Well, I think people are realizing the inevitable is getting closer and people tend to show concern for Philip and The Queen's health more now than ever.

Video:
Prince Philip's son in law, Vice Admiral Tim Laurence, explains Philip's disappointment in missing the event-
Philip 'Frustrated' To Miss Jutland Memorial
From this article:
Sky News understands that he is staying privately in Scotland with the Queen.

I had been in agreement with you if he had been a ordinary 95 year old, but he's not. This is the Queen's husband and it is quite natural that people becomes worried when the palace says this:
Following doctor's advice, the Duke of Edinburgh has reluctantly decided not to attend the commemorations marking the Battle of Jutland tomorrow in Kirkwall and Hoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom