Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 24: June 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Duke of Edinburgh attended a service for the 175th anniversary of the Soldier's and Airmen's Scripture Association at the Guards Chapel in London on March 14, 2013.

** gettyimages gallery **

There's been no update made by Buckingham Palace about the Queen's condition, however, all of the Queen's public engagements for the coming week have been removed from the British Monarchy's website. Her next public engagement is scheduled for March 28th.

There's been no update made by Buckingham Palace about the Queen's condition, however, all of the Queen's public engagements for the coming week have been removed from the British Monarchy's website. Her next public engagement is scheduled for March 28th.

I noticed Richard Palmer was talking about that:

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
The Court Circular records no engagements (eg audiences with diplomats) at Buckingham Palace for the Queen for the second day running.

I noticed Richard Palmer was talking about that:

The Court Circular records no engagements (eg audiences with diplomats) at Buckingham Palace for the Queen for the second day running.

Her last Court Circular mention was Wednesday which was the after they announced she'd cancelled the remaining engagements last week. I don't even know if The Queen had any engagements for this week coming.

Her last Court Circular mention was Wednesday which was the after they announced she'd cancelled the remaining engagements last week. I don't even know if The Queen had any engagements for this week coming.

When they announced the Queen was cancelling her public engagements last week, they stated she was going to continue to undertake all her engagements at the Palace. She did have two public appearances scheduled with Prince Philip on Wednesday and Friday but now it just lists the Duke.

The Royal website is stating that the next engagement for the Queen is 28th March, which is the giving of the Maundy money.

However I remember seeing that she was going to attend the centenary of the Bakerloo line, and Hello magazine has said that the Duchess of Cambridge is going to attend that event with her. Maybe the DoC will go in her place.

I notice the Court Circular hasn't recorded any audiences or other official duties for the Queen since Wednesday though.

Buckingham Palace told me on Sunday they expect the Queen to resume public duties this week.

I notice the Court Circular hasn't recorded any audiences or other official duties for the Queen since Wednesday though.

Buckingham Palace told me on Sunday they expect the Queen to resume public duties this week.

Yes the Queen hasn't appeared on the court circular since Wednesday. I'm assuming she's probably at Windsor recovering and doing her red boxes. I know the Queen is older, even though she doesn't act like it, but this does seem unusually long for a stomach problem. I hope to see the Queen out and about soon.

During the State Visit's to the UK, The Duke of Edinburgh usually take the Head of State to inspect the guards during the official welcoming ceremony. I wonder if Camilla & Catherine will carry on this role when Charles & William become King? or is it just a thing Prince Philip do?

During the State Visit's to the UK, The Duke of Edinburgh usually take the Head of State to inspect the guards during the official welcoming ceremony. I wonder if Camilla & Catherine will carry on this role when Charles & William become King? or is it just a thing Prince Philip do?

I wouldn't be surprised if Philip carries out this role because he's 1. A he and 2. Has a military past himself. The Queen, however, is female and her military positions are all either honourary or the result of her position as monarch. When Charles and William become king they'll likely fill this role themselves as they're both he's with military pasts.

It is the reversal of "Ladies chat while the men folk talk business.". He has been chatting up first ladies and queens for 60 years.

Good to see The Queen back on public engagements. I hope she's getting better.

I wouldn't be surprised if Philip carries out this role because he's 1. A he and 2. Has a military past himself. The Queen, however, is female and her military positions are all either honourary or the result of her position as monarch. When Charles and William become king they'll likely fill this role themselves as they're both he's with military pasts.

The Queen can always accompany the visiting Head of State if she wants to. Just because she is female or her military positions are honorary doesnt mean she has to let her husband accompany the HoS. Queen Margrethe personally accompanies the visiting HoS.
So it is just an understanding between the couple, nothing they are bound to or imposed on them..

The Queen can always accompany the visiting Head of State if she wants to. Just because she is female or her military positions are honorary doesnt mean she has to let her husband accompany the HoS. Queen Margrethe personally accompanies the visiting HoS.
So it is just an understanding between the couple, nothing they are bound to or imposed on

Primarily, HMQ is the Head of the Armed Forces. So she can and does inspect regiments and is the only person that can take a Royal Salute.

So it is just an understanding between the couple, nothing they are bound to or imposed on

Primarily, HMQ is the Head of the Armed Forces. So she can and does inspect regiments and is the only person that can take a Royal Salute.

Actually I think anyone representing HM can take the Royal Salute. I know in Canada visiting members of the royal family, the Governor General and the provincial Lieutenant Governors all have done so.

:previous:Yup, but then they can receive Royal Salute only when they represent The Queen. I dont know about Governor Generals, but The Prince of Wales can always represent The Queen when she is very ill (I dread the day when Prince Charles has to take salute at Trooping..). Just like The Queen did in 1951, standing in for her father.
In fact EdwardVII as Prince of Wales might have taken far more Royal Salutes than the then monarch herself:lol:

:previous:Yup, but then they can receive Royal Salute only when they represent The Queen. I dont know about Governor Generals, but The Prince of Wales can always represent The Queen when she is very ill (I dread the day when Prince Charles has to take salute at Trooping..). Just like The Queen did in 1951, standing in for her father.
In fact EdwardVII as Prince of Wales might have taken far more Royal Salutes than the then monarch herself:lol:

Governors General and Lieutenant Governors fulfill all the roles and duties of the monarch in their respective territories. In fact they have place and precedence over everyone except the monarch, including other visiting members of the royal family. If you watch a ceremony that the GG attends where there is a military presence you will hear the military parade commander call for the royal salute.

Hey I have a question..
At totally official State events like Trooping The Colour, if The Queen is not able to attend, The Prince of Wales, AND NOT The DoE should/will stand for her, right?
Then what will DoE do? Will he ride behind Charles, with Anne/Kent/Will ( oh, he cant even ride now)..or will he get a separate carriage behind in uniform, or go in a civil dress with Andrew/Edward/Harry/Camilla etc. or totally ski[p the event?

Hey I have a question..
At totally official State events like Trooping The Colour, if The Queen is not able to attend, The Prince of Wales, AND NOT The DoE should/will stand for her, right?
Then what will DoE do? Will he ride behind Charles, with Anne/Kent/Will ( oh, he cant even ride now)..or will he get a separate carriage behind in uniform, or go in a civil dress with Andrew/Edward/Harry/Camilla etc. or totally ski[p the event?

If he chooses to go without his wife, I imagine he would ride in a carriage with possible in daughter so he doesn't look alone. As colonel of the Grenadier Guards he would not wear civil dress and would be involved in the procession and salute.

Yesterday, March 21, Queen Elizabeth received the High Commissioner for the Republic of Seychelles Marie-Pierre Lloyd and the Ambassador from the Republic of Lithuania Asta Skaisgiryte Liauskiene at Buckingham Palace:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Queen Elizabeth attended an Investiture Ceremony at Buckingham Palace today, March 26. Olympic champion Victoria Pendleton and fashion designer Stella McCartney have been among the recipients.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** hellomagazine: Stella McCartney receives OBE from the Queen **

** marieclaire.co.uk: Stella McCartney Collects Her OBE From The Queen **

** dailymail: An outfit not fit for a queen: Victoria Pendleton fails to impress with her regal wardrobe as she upgrades from MBE.. **

Queen Elizabeth attended an Investiture Ceremony at Buckingham Palace today, March 26. Olympic champion Victoria Pendleton and fashion designer Stella McCartney have been among the recipients.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** hellomagazine: Stella McCartney receives OBE from the Queen **

** marieclaire.co.uk: Stella McCartney Collects Her OBE From The Queen **

** dailymail: An outfit not fit for a queen: Victoria Pendleton fails to impress with her regal wardrobe as she upgrades from MBE.. **

Victoria's outfit..... Yikes!

That cape thing, my lord that's awful.

The cape is nice but doesn't go well with the jacket. The outfit without cape looks nice, and God, how beautiful is Victoria Peddleton!
Stella McCartney looks amazing

I agree- I would like the outfit 1000 times more if not for that awful cape!

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I like the cape. Very stylish and modern. Of course, Stella McCartney looks like a million bucks and her outfit was so classic and simple. Love, love, love it!

phil dampier ‏@phildampier 4h
Queen and Prince Philip will host a reception at Windsor Castle for British Film Industry on April 4. Plenty of big names expected.

Dickie Arbiter ‏@RoyalDickie 4h
The Queen will recognise the British Film Industry at a reception at Windsor Castle on 4 April - guests include actors and directors

phil dampier ‏@phildampier 4h
Queen and Prince Philip will host a reception at Windsor Castle for British Film Industry on April 4. Plenty of big names expected.

Dickie Arbiter ‏@RoyalDickie 4h
The Queen will recognise the British Film Industry at a reception at Windsor Castle on 4 April - guests include actors and directors

Seriously hope that Tom Hiddleston gets invited! He is dashing in a suit ;)

Excited to see the guests.

Seriously hope that Tom Hiddleston gets invited! He is dashing in a suit ;)

Love him! Did you see him in Warhorse? Definitely hope he gets invited just so I can see pictures of him:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom