Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 24: June 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: And an article to go with them.

Purple rain: Queen Elizabeth brightens up a damp day in a stylish violet coat and trendy fedora hat on a visit to the Jubilee Gardens
The rain couldn't dampen the Queen's spirits, or her wardrobe choices for today's visit to the rebuilt Jubilee Gardens in London. Her majesty chose a bright purple coat with matching accessories including an on-trend fedora-style felt hat and a purple-trimmed umbrella. Prince Philip joined his wife at the ceremony to mark the recent transformation of the Jubilee Gardens which was completed 35 years after they were first created in 1977 to celebrate the Queen's silver jubilee.

May I ask a quick question about the last photo with the gentleman in uniform.
I see this sort of uniform every time the Royals are out and about but can't figure out the branch or service. Anyone?

Well, it's the British Army No. 1 Dress Uniform.

Various patterns exist in the British Army; you can see quite a few of them in this picture of senior offices at presentation of new colours to Sandhurst (incidentally, you can also spot Prince Harry; he's the cadet on the far right).

The dress uniform worn by the officer in the picture with the Queen appears to correspond to the dress uniform worn by the officer on the left. Other than that, there is little than can be told without a picture from the front.

May I ask a quick question about the last photo with the gentleman in uniform.
I see this sort of uniform every time the Royals are out and about but can't figure out the branch or service. Anyone?
I expect that was the Lord Lieutenant of the county. They wear the dress uniform of an army major general.

The Duke of Edinburgh has received an honorary doctorate of marine science from Plymouth University in recognition of his decorated career in the Royal Navy, in Plymouth, today, October 30, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Gotta love Phillip in that get-up!:lol:
Congrats, YRH!

The pics with the little girl are just adorable!:ROFLMAO::heart1:
I also love the pic of her meeting the kids at the BFI- love the look on her face in the 2nd pic!:lol:

I always love seeing pictures of Her Majesty with kids. She has an air of a 'Granny' around her, and kids sense that (even when they get shy, like the little girl that presented the flowers).

Gotta love Phillip in that get-up!:lol:
Congrats, YRH!

He looks every inch a professor :D.

Her Majesty & His Royal Highness look beautiful tonight.

Wow! Her Majesty looks absolutely divine, and kudos to her for wearing high heels with the dress :clap:! His Highness still cuts a dashing figure in black tie. Not too shabby.
Great minds think exactly alike Daria......:D

iceflower said:

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh attended the unveiling of the Diamond Jubilee Stained Glass Window at The Queen's Chapel of the Savoy in London on November 1, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** telegraph.co.uk video: Queen unveils Diamond Jubilee stained glass window **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Queen Elizabeth II And The Duke Of Edinburgh Will Unveil The Diamond Jubilee Stained Glass Window **

Lovely clip and pictures. Her Majesty looks fantastic, as pretty much always.

Isn't that the same tabloid the runs stories about alien abductions, Elvis sightings and babies born with the faces of animals?

The Globe is just... worthless. Tasteless to the point of being funny, if you are familiar with their front pages. These people brought us Bush on Cocaine in the White House, various Obama and Clinton scandals, too many photos of dead celebrities (coffin, ambulance and autopsy photos - not nice photos of them when alive), celebs with 2 months or two years to live etc.

I apologize on behalf of all my fellow Countrymen and women.

Isn't that the same tabloid the runs stories about alien abductions, Elvis sightings and babies born with the faces of animals?

It's run several royal stories about how Catherine has told Camilla to 'go to hell' and how Charles constantly has arguments with his mother and I think I read one time they published a 'I wish she was gone' story. :whistling:

It's run several royal stories about how Catherine has told Camilla to 'go to hell' and how Charles constantly has arguments with his mother and I think I read one time they published a 'I wish she was gone' story. :whistling:

The Globe has "people they hate" and go after regularly. All our presidents (and families), Kathie Lee Gifford, the royal family seem to dominate.

I usually joke with the clerk in the checkout line about the headlines. :lol:

Since it is election day in America this is too funny.:D:lol:

Royal Musings: A message from Queen Elizabeth II

Oh this is too funny!! On the other hand, there's a wee bit of the truth is what is stated too. Sometimes I think we would be better off with a constitutional monarchy or at least an apolitical head of state.

I'm glad this election will be over in a matter of hours. My candidate? Felix the Cat. This country needs a magic bag o' tricks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felix_the_Cat

Last edited:
Here in Virginia we have Hank for Senate

Hank for Senate: Cat campaigns against George Allen, Tim Kaine for Va. seat - The Buzz - The Washington Post

Hank For Senate

Oh this is too funny!! On the other hand, there's a wee bit of the truth is what is stated too. Sometimes I think we would be better off with a constitutional monarchy or at least an apolitical head of state.

I'm glad this election will be over in a matter of hours. My candidate? Felix the Cat. This country needs a magic bag o' tricks.

Felix the Cat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom