Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 23: July 2011-June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very Nice Pics , The Queen Looks Nice , Thank you for Posting marine2109

Daria_S said:
William's admiration, love and respect for his Granny literally shines through his words. On the other hand, I do love the fact that Her Majesty and Prince Philip enjoy some occasional royal bloopers. They certainly break up the monotony of things. I can also imagine how Philip's humor provides a distraction for Her Majesty if she's feeling nervous or stressed. They're definitely well matched.

I would think their bloopers would be something to remember, considering how much press and video they are subject too.

I kove that pic- and wondererd what had been said! Thanks!

Her Majesty The Queen is to visit Enniskillen and Belfast, N. Ireland 26/27th June.

Queen Elizabeth has presented the Order of Merit to former Australia Prime Minister John Howard and she has
presented Nicholas Daniel with the Queen's Medal for Music at Buckingham Palace in London today, May 31, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Diamond Dubonnet, Ma'am? Queen's favourite tipple - created as a cure for malaria - is back in vogue in time for Jubilee
It's not all shaking hands and cutting ribbons for the for the Queen. The monarch is fond of a drink or two and, like her mother before her, she adores Dubonnet. The fortified wine with herbs and quinine was invented in 1846, the result of a competition by the French Government to find a way of encouraging French Legionnaires to drink bitter quinine by disguising it in alcohol.
A Monarch of simple tastes: From Special K to jam sandwiches, royal chef reveals the Queen's dining habits
Special K, jam sandwiches and chocolate cake are some of the Queen's favourite foods, according to her former personal chef. Darren McGrady, who worked at the Buckingham Palace kitchens for fifteen years, has revealed that away from the spotlight the 86-year-old British Monarch is a woman of simple tastes.
An interesting article, but I was more interested in the picture accompanying it. Anyone recognises this hairpiece? And we thought it was new! :D

Queen Elizabeth has presented the Order of Merit to former Australia Prime Minister John Howard and she has
presented Nicholas Daniel with the Queen's Medal for Music at Buckingham Palace in London today, May 31, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** **
That guy sure knows how to do a proper bow- H.M.'s carpet is getting a close inspection!:lol:

That guy sure knows how to do a proper bow- H.M.'s carpet is getting a close inspection!:lol:

Very proper bow it is indeed. I could have almost sworn I could hear his heels click together too.

The bedroom incident is being featured in a Sky Arts PlayHouse Play this evening, with Emma Thompson playing HM. I will be giving it a watch.

John Howard's respect for HM is clearly equal to her very deep respect for him. A real honour for Mr Howard and very well deserved. He's a man for whom I have a great deal of admiration. I had hoped that he might get the Garter at some point, but maybe not now that he has the OM which is probably even more prestigious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom