Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 23: July 2011-June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its unlikely that the dress is the same as the Duchess of Cambridge as Autumn Philips is pregnant and the baby is due this month. The dress was too fitted to be suitable IMO

the last days of autumn's pregnancy! I can't wait! wow year for the queen a jubilee and a great child!! autumn have the same dress in red when she was pregnant with savanah

The Qieen and the DoE, joined by Peter and Autumn Philips, attended the theatre last night to see the popular comedy One Man, Two Guvnors. They chose to sit in the stalls (as opposed to the Royal box) with the other theatre goers and used an interesting form of transport - Pince Philip's own London taxi.

You'll never believe who I had in the back of my cab the other day! Queen and Prince Philip get into the Royal Taxi for theatre trip | Mail Online

What a lovely way to spend an evening! Everyone looked like they were enjoying themselves. Love the purple suit on Her Majesty.

The Qieen and the DoE, joined by Peter and Autumn Philips, attended the theatre last night to see the popular comedy One Man, Two Guvnors. They chose to sit in the stalls (as opposed to the Royal box) with the other theatre goers and used an interesting form of transport - Pince Philip's own London taxi.

You'll never believe who I had in the back of my cab the other day! Queen and Prince Philip get into the Royal Taxi for theatre trip | Mail Online
Somehow, this surprises me, as I thought H.M and the DOE were not all that into theater! I know they support it as part of their public work, but it does not seem like it would be their first choice to spend their free time at the theater.Unlike me, who would be quite happy to do so!:D
Purple really is H.M's color, she looks fantastic in that outfit!

roseroyal said:
Somehow, this surprises me, as I thought H.M and the DOE were not all that into theater! I know they support it as part of their public work, but it does not seem like it would be their first choice to spend their free time at the theater.!

Not at all into the theatre? You're very wrong. Also it probably would be their first choice they're often seen going to watch plays and musicals. You just got to look back through the threads and pictures.

I will! Had no idea.... Thanks for putting me back in the loop!

How nice that Peter and Autumn attended with the grandparents, nice evening out. Autumn's dress was lovely, I am excited for her new arrival! I love Philip's taxi!

I like the fact that the royal party sat in the stalls rather than the royal box; adds a nice element of normalcy if one can say royalty arriving unannounced at a theater is normal!

Why isn't the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Year Thread open? I have some 'news' from Al-Jazeera I'd like to post - or an observation about the coverage from that quarter - and its hard to know where to post the observation.

Anyone know why the thread is closed? No explanation is given.

:previous:The thread will be opened the closer we get to the official events in June. At this point members are posting the information in this thread, and it will be moved by the moderation team to the official thread.

I like the way both seem to make time for their grandchildren. As this year they can't reduce their workload due to the Jubilee, they take their family members with them to their appointments, so have time while travelling to talk. And they spend quality time with them going out - that's great.

My mother won't live much longer due to heart failure but as she is mentally fit she receives as much visitors as possible and talks a lot on the phone - as she says: everytime can be the last time. So she is turning her situation into a kind of super family and friends occasion. I could imagine that's what HM and the Duke do as well after he had his heart scare at Christmas. :flowers:

Berbahagialah Ratu dan Pangeran selamanya. Jayalah Ratu Elizabeth II. Blessed are the Queen and Prince forever. Long Live The Queen Elizabeth II.

Jubilee Thread;

The star-studded Diamond Jubilee concert at Buckingham Palace in June has killed off another official event to celebrate the Queen’s 60-year reign.
An open-air concert planned for her Scottish retreat of Balmoral has been cancelled because organisers could not raise sufficient funds.
The event would have raised £100,000 if it had sold out – but it clashed with the Buckingham Palace show, which features major international stars and is to be televised.
‘They just felt they could not compete with Dame Shirley Bassey, Sir Elton John and Sir Paul McCartney in London,’ says a source.
A Palace spokesman confirmed: ‘It will not be taking place now because of the clash with the London concert.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...eads-Jubilee-job-India-dad.html#ixzz1onL7uCdK

I hope this has not been question yet...but why Catherine didn't attend?

biboquinhas said:

Why should she have?
She wasn't asked to attend obviously.

It seems it was for senior Royals only.

Personally I'm happy that Catherine wasn't there otherwise there would have been 10 pages of reports on her and her clothes and nothing about why the service was being held or acknowledging the presence of other (and far more important) members of the Royal Family.

It seems it was for senior Royals only.

Personally I'm happy that Catherine wasn't there otherwise there would have been 10 pages of reports on her and her clothes and nothing about why the service was being held or acknowledging the presence of other (and far more important) members of the Royal Family.
Not to start an argument, or go off topic, but as the wife of the heir to the heir, and the future Queen of England, Catherine is pretty important.
I also do not expect her to attend every Royal function, nor is it necessary for her to do so.

Not to start an argument, or go off topic, but as the wife of the heir to the heir, and the future Queen of England, Catherine is pretty important.
I also do not expect her to attend every Royal function, nor is it necessary for her to do so.

Yes, she is a Senior Royal of course but OTOH she has a right not be be included in all those Royal engegements that have traditionally a strong Royal presence but have nothing to do with choice (like charity engagements) but with Royal duty. Which is not yet her job.

I could imagine that before and after each engagement there are lots of preparations and response meetings to do - I am sure eg that she does not let her post be read and answered by her assistents alone but wants to be informed about the main topics, read some letters, decide what to answer etc. - for a young lady that popular this takes a lot of time till she has established with her staff how to deal with it. So it's good for her to do some engagements to learn the ropes from her in-laws and from the public's reaction, but to be able to concentrate on her and Wiiliam's marriage, as I bet the Queen would be over the top with delight if she was able to announce a new Royal baby during her Jubilee!

Pretty important, agreed. But not more important than the Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales or Duchess of Cornwall.

In fact, personally, I would rank all those (Camilla and Sophie included) who are royal only by marriage behind anyone who is actually in the order of succession. Again, it's a personal thing, but I don't look on them as being "real" royals.

But back to the Queen and Duke. The pictures of them at the service were lovely. It's great to see them so continually active and out and about.

Pretty important, agreed. But not more important than the Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales or Duchess of Cornwall.

In fact, personally, I would rank all those (Camilla and Sophie included) who are royal only by marriage behind anyone who is actually in the order of succession. Again, it's a personal thing, but I don't look on them as being "real" royals.

But back to the Queen and Duke. The pictures of them at the service were lovely. It's great to see them so continually active and out and about.
I now understand what you are saying! Agreed! Thanks for clearing it up!:);)

Not to drift too far from the topic, but Kate is behind of the Queen, Camilla, Sophie and Anne, but above Beatrice and Eugenie in the official order of precedence:
- Queen Elizabeth (the Sovereign)
- Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall (wife of Sovereign's eldest son)
- Sophie, the Countess of Wessex (wife of Sovereign's younger son)
- Anne, the Princess Royal (Sovereign's daughter)
- Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (wife of Sovereign's grandson)
- Princess Beatrice (Sovereign's granddaughter)
- Princess Eugenie (Sovereign's granddaughter)
- Zara Phillips (Sovereign's granddaughter)
- Serena Stanhope (wife of Sovereign's nephew)
- Sarah Chatto (Sovereign's niece)

When Charles becomes King, Kate will automatically be the second-highest female in the Kingdom, after the new Queen (consort) - Camilla.

Besides the annual Commonwealth Day Observance Service Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh
also attended a Commonwealth Day Reception at Marlborough House yesterday. Other members of the
family were not listed for that second event of the day.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Queen Elizabeth II Attends The Commonwealth Day Reception At Marlborough House **

I LOVE the Queen's yellow ruffle skirt. It is so awesome. I think the Queen has been looking particularly fabulous, lately (not that she doesn't always look fabulous). I read today that the Queen has been seeking fashion advice from Kate. I kind of doubt there is anything to that, but it was an interesting read:
Queen Elizabeth latest fan of stylish Kate Middleton

I really think that HM and Angela Kelly are pulling out all the fashion stops in this Jubilee year. And is the Queen wearing her gorgeous Jardine Star brooch on the yellow outfit?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom