Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 21: October 2009-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HM and other Members of the British RF set off on a cruise of the Scottish Isles and Scotland,ofcourse,on the "Hebridean Princess" .

News Summary Royalblog.nl: Royal holidaymakers start cruise

And HM had put over 800 photos on Flickr:

This is the first time I see the queen in pants!! I actually gasped, it's nice to se eher relaxed and ready to have a fun time. It's also nice to she's close with her niece & nephew, as it must be hard for them not having a mother anymore.

My local paper, "The Scotsman", has lots of coverage of the Royal Holiday.

One headline: "Bags of fun as royals begin birthday cruise"

There are photos of the Queen's travel bags, labelled "THE QUEEN", and of a stack of board games, including Articulate, Carcassonne, Monopoly, etc.

The "Hebridean Princess" is a former car ferry. People travelling on the Caledonian MacBrayne ferry to Ullapool were amazed when the Princess moored next to it.

The security operation seems extensive, including underwater search teams, a large police presence at Stornoway ferry terminal, and a Royal Navy shio and the SBS.

Oh, and the Queen is paying...

This is the first time I see the queen in pants!! I actually gasped, it's nice to se eher relaxed and ready to have a fun time. It's also nice to she's close with her niece & nephew, as it must be hard for them not having a mother anymore.
There are plenty of photos of the Queen horseback riding in pants.

HM wore a pant suit when she went on a similar cruise in 2006 with her family. She also wore one when she was released from hospital after knee surgery.
She manages to always look smart, indeed!

Love the new Flickr site. Lots of wonderful photos.

Yes, but I never seen her wearing pants while not riding a horse...
Believe it or not there are pictures of HM in jeans! There is one from the 60's or 70's in bell-bottom jeans standing on the beach that is quite fun to see. ;)

Believe it or not there are pictures of HM in jeans! There is one from the 60's or 70's in bell-bottom jeans standing on the beach that is quite fun to see. ;)

Really? I'm going to have to hunt those photos down! XD

Queen in slacks

I've got one book with a photo of her in a trouser suit on a tour or Canada and another with her on a visit in the late 60s to, I think, Norway--it was a "family" visit I believe. I'm pretty sure it would violate some kind of copyright to scan and post them. Also in an oft-aired clip from the 1969 "Royal Family" film she has on stretch slacks and a twin set [cardy wrapped around her shoulders].

The Queen inspected the Royal Guard, formed by B Company 1st Battalion
Royal Regiment of Scotland outside the gates of Balmoral Castle, Aberdeenshire,
August 9, 2010. What a hat! :whistling:;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I like that's it not one of her usual, slightly-askew-but-otherwise-traditional hats. QE2 had been in a bit of a rut lately with hats.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I can honestly say that I like the "rut" that HM has been in lately. She has been dressing beautifully.. hats included! This outfit just doesn't do it for me. :(
I must say that I love her brooch...

Long may the "rut" last !!
She has been a bit too predictable about hats lately. The blue "Balmoral" hat is much better because people can see the monarch's face.

The Queen inspected the Royal Guard, formed by B Company 1st Battalion
Royal Regiment of Scotland outside the gates of Balmoral Castle, Aberdeenshire,
August 9, 2010. What a hat! :whistling:;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Yes the blue is very rich on HM although the hat. . .yes, what a hat! :D

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh's current events continue in part 23
commencing August 2010.

The thread can be found here.

  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom