Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 20: March-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a lovely piece of video, I agree. Her Majesty looked wonderful in that pink outfit as well. What a thrill! Thanks for sharing.:flowers:

Thanks for sharing that video, apc nev!:flowers: That must have been an occasion to remember!

Pics 1.6.2009

The Queen host receptions for Riding Masters Quatermasters
and Directors of Music Association at St James's Palace in
London, June 1, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

. . . . . . . Or he thinks that dissing the British will go down well at home. This is the guy who refused to spend two whole days in Britain during a state visit while making it abundantly clear that he didn't have urgent business to attend to back in France, he just didn't want to be bothered to accept HM's invitation without making that into a snub too. He's so busy smarming up to Obama to try and make himself into a big deal internationally that I'm sure the feelings of the British and Commonwealth servicemen who fought on behalf of his country are of no account to him whatever.
And on that same visit the BRF went out of their way to welcome both he and his new wife to show British support when his approval rating was at an all time low in France! I wouldn't mind betting that that's the last time the best silver is brought out for him. :D

Perhaps he hates feeling that either he and his country "owe" the Brits anything, not personally and certainly not historically. Never mind, while he is polishing his very best obsequious little squint persona to kiss President Obama's :ermm: exterior posterior for France, France will not thank him for his shabby shaming of their history, and as for the British? Well let's just say that Franco-British relations have, once again, hit an all time low. Oh wasn't Napoleon vertically challenged as well? Never mind, it will keep. The Commonwealth has a very long memory.

But then again, I think it behoves us to remember that history is often re-written by politicians and I am sure there is a very good case to be made for the D-Day landing actually having launched from the east coast of the United States. :ROFLMAO:

Goodness, this celebration really has turned into a political and PR debacle, hasn't it?

I really dislike the fact that this military commemoration has been reduced to a political stunt. It really takes away from the true importance of the event -- recognizing the brave service of those who fought that day.

I'm glad the royals will be represented, but I wish it were HM going.

Well at least a member of the Royal Family will be there.... Trully a diplomatic mess.

I'am not the biggest fan of Sakozy and his manners, but he's not the only responsable of this sad situation. Blame on the French Foreign office and the Brown Cabinet too... and the coverage by the D... Mail, well known for his sometimes (often) rather xenophobic headlines, made things even worse.:ermm:

Somewhere I saw an idea that the Queen should send Harry and the soldier he took to NY - the one who lost his legs. Sounds like that could trump Sarkozy and Obama!

Sounds like that could trump Sarkozy and Obama!

Not trying to get political at all here, just an honest question: what role has President Obama played in the "snub" of The Queen? From what I've read, it was the French government who organized the celebration and failed to send an invitation, and there's an article posted up-thread that the White House wanted The Queen there. Is there something I'm missing?

Such an awful over all ordeal. That the heir to the throne had to "over his services" to attend a D-Day celebration.
Shameful Shameful situation.
x

But Charles saw a way to try to fix it, and took the initiative and did something. And now there will be a senior Royal present. He deserves points for this.

As there is a strong possibility that many of the men who were involved in the D Day landings will probably not be here in another 5 years, it does not take a brain surgeon to work out that each 5th year should be 'special'. Sarkozy failed to invite HM or any member of the Royal family, there are no excuses possible, even though the anti monarchy paper, The Independant might try.

As there is a strong possibility that many of the men who were involved in the D Day landings will probably not be here in another 5 years, it does not take a brain surgeon to work out that each 5th year should be 'special'. Sarkozy failed to invite HM or any member of the Royal family, there are no excuses possible, even though the anti monarchy paper, The Independant might try.

Of course it was just a question...It's not my attention to find any excuses to the French Government...I just try to understand this sad affair.:flowers:

Of course it was just a question...It's not my attention to find any excuses to the French Government...I just try to understand this sad affair.:flowers:
:flowers: I didn't think you were Nico, my apologies if you thought I did. :flowers:

It is sad for all the old soldiers who wanted to march in memory of those that died.:flowers:

Pics 3.6.2009

Queen Elizabeth II receives the Ambassador of the United Arab Emirates
Abdulrahman Ghanem Almutaiwee and the Ambassador of Georgia Giorgi
Badridze ( pic 2+3) as they present their credentials inside Buckingham
Palace, London, June 3, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

:previous:
What an interesting outfit. The ambassador looks incredible proud.
x

Pics 4.6.2009

Queen Elizabeth II inspects members of the Gentlemen at Arms in
Colour Court at St James's Palace London as part of a parade to
mark the 500th anniversary of the institution of the Gentlemen
at Arms as the Monarch's bodyguards by King Henry VII in 1509,
June 4, 2009 . Prince Philip attended as well, see pic 4 .

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

The second picture is wonderul. I am always jealous of the Queen she gets to meet all these wonderful men in uniform :lol:;)
x

Pics 5.6.2009

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip during a visit to the Coram
children's charity at its London campus in Mecklenburgh Square
London , June 5, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

:previous::previous:
She got to meet Escala, lucky queenie :ROFLMAO:
Nice recycled outfit.
x

I'm seeing that some ladies are wearing fucsia..is it the "it" colour now or something? I've seen Charlotte Casiraghi wearing fucsia in the GP gala, Mathilde wearing fucsia, Victoria too...

Bright colours seem to be "in" at the moment. There seems to be a shade of strawberry pink that's popular. HM looks great in this colour.:flowers:

I'm seeing that some ladies are wearing fucsia..is it the "it" colour now or something? I've seen Charlotte Casiraghi wearing fucsia in the GP gala, Mathilde wearing fucsia, Victoria too...

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip during a visit to the Coram
children's charity at its London campus in Mecklenburgh Square
London , June 5, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

Always nice to see the Flame Lily brooch.
It brings back memories of its first appearance, and the reason for why The Queen wore it. As we are near to another anniversary of The Coronation, it all ties in neatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom