Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 2: April-August 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She certainly looks in great shape for her age! The brooch is lovely and I'm sure has great sentimental meaning to her. I hope I look so good when I'm 78! :flower: :heart: :lol:

Will Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II wear new hats at Royal Ascot 2004?I hope she will wear some new hats.Royal Ascot will begin today.

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II wears a new and very stylish hat at Royal Ascot. ;)

Her Majesty will open the Tanaka Business School at the South Kensington Campus of Imperial College tomorrow.I hope she will wear a new hat and also hope that we will have some new pics of her.

Queen feels 'snubbed' by Blair

LONDON (AFP) - Queen Elizabeth has stepped up the number of meetings she has with top civil servants for fear of being kept in the dark by Prime Minister Tony Blair, according to a report.

The Daily Express said the monarch had increased her briefings on government policy from permanent secretaries -- who run large government departments -- amid reports of a growing gulf between Buckingham Palace and Blair's office.

According to the newspaper, the prime minister's regular globetrotting and habit of forming policy via a tiny number of advisers has left the queen feeling "out of the loop".

It reported that there have been times recently -- including during the run-up to the Iraq war -- when the queen and the prime minister, who usually hold regular meetings, have not seen each other for several weeks.

Those close to the queen told the newspaper she has been upset by several incidents in recent months, including Blair's abolition of the ancient post of Lord Chancellor -- the government's top legal adviser -- and his sudden U-turn on holding a referendum on the European Union constitution.

"The queen feels Mr Blair is the least respectful of all the prime ministers who have served her," one source close to the queen was quoted as saying.

"There have been several important issues on which she has been kept out of the loop," the unnamed source said.

"She was not as intimately involved in the planning of the D-Day commemorations as she would have liked, she was not properly sighted on issues surrounding the Iraq war and she is currently very worried about reductions in the armed forces," the source said.

Blair is the 10th prime minister to have served the queen.

He met with her on Tuesday night, but Downing Street refused to comment on her decision to have closer contacts with senior civil servants, the Daily Express said.

i read articles moments ago that HM Queen 2 joins her Grandson future King to be Prince William for Olympics 2012 reception.

if you have picture of HM Queen 2 and Prince William please posts that pictures

Sara Boyce

Her Majesty opened the Tanaka Business School at the South Kensington Campus of Imperial College with Prince Andrew.

Oh,WOW, :flower: ,in the year 2012 Her majesty Queen Elizabeth II also celebrate her Dimond Jubilee.

Has any British monarch have a Dimond jubilee ? I hope QEII lives to 2112 :rolleyes:

Originally posted by sara1981@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 4:17 pm
i read articles moments ago that HM Queen 2 joins her Grandson future King to be Prince William for Olympics 2012 reception.

if you have picture of HM Queen 2 and Prince William please posts that pictures

Sara Boyce
Hi

You can look ay yahoo photos. you can check it.. sorry i can't scan or post the picture. I dont know how... oh well.. Have fun....

Karla

Originally posted by sky@Jun 24th, 2004 - 12:59 pm
Has any British monarch have a Dimond jubilee ? I hope QEII lives to 2112 :rolleyes:
Queen Victoria celebrated her diamond Jubliee in 1987. Queen Victoria by the way is still Britian's longest reigning monarch she reigned for 63 years. Queen Elizabeth II will have to reign another 11 years and 3 months before she could become the longest reigning monarch.

You are wrong Sky.She will celebrate Her Dimond Jubilee in 2012 not 2112.She was born in 1926,you ask her to live to 2112?????????

Did Her Majesty attend England Football Euro Match in portugal yesterday?Someone in site Glittering Royal Events told me that Her majesty attended the football match yesterday.Is it right?

Yes. I saw her. She gave Beckham a little wink before he went up to take his penalty kick. It must have distracted him. :innocent:

Oh,but i didn't see photos of her from Getty or other web.I didn't watch the match because at that time i was busy :( .What's a pity!

The Queen see the game in Portugal? She came see the game a live? I belive not.
I saw the from the frist minut to the last ( i am portuguese) and they just show Victoria B., if the Queen was there they show because she probably stay with our president and prime minister.

Yes,i agree with you Micas.My friend told me that he only saw Victoria Beckhams.He didn't see Her Majesty at the match.

I have just read from The Royal Site and it told me that(in the engagements)Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II visit Belgium in march last year.Is it right?

Originally posted by Windsorfan@Jun 30th, 2004 - 7:58 am
I have just read from The Royal Site and it told me that(in the engagements)Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II visit Belgium in march last year.Is it right?
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh were scheduled to make a state visit to Belgium last year, but do to fears of security because of the Iraq War, it was cancelled and I believe was supposed to be rescheduled.

Originally posted by Windsorfan@Jun 24th, 2004 - 10:23 pm
Did Her Majesty attend England Football Euro Match in portugal yesterday?Someone in site Glittering Royal Events told me that Her majesty attended the football match yesterday.Is it right?
The Queen did not attend the match in Portugal ... if she had, a photo would have appeared on nearly every paper in Britain.

Oh,yes.It's right.I didn't see any photos of The Queen attend the match in Portugal.

Her Majesty will attend a Garden Party at Buckingham Palace in the afternoon.

I see all in Sky News

She make a wonderful speache and be very nice with the Spenser's and with the crow.

There are some pics of a person with their OBE Medal but there are no pics when The Queen is presenting the Medal for them.I only have seen pics of Beckham,Lord Robertson,Tim Hennman...after received the OBE.Do you have any pics when The Queen is presenting an OBE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom