Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 19: October 2008-March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are threads in the House of Fashion where recycling of clothes is discussed, although the specific threads on recycling were merged into the regular threads on day wear and evening wear. If you want to find posts specifically about recycling, just go over there and run a search.

Last edited:
Can we start a new thread on the royal ladies recycling their outfits? Princess Anne and the Duchess of Cornwall have been reported in the press for doing it, they were critical, but now it's a good thing, so we'll see a lot more of it. I always wonder where I've seen a particular outfit before.

Did you actually think the royals only wore their clothes once? They have all been avid recyclers for years.

What about "Hot Fuzz"? :D Perhaps "The Full Monty" is out. . . .:rolleyes:

I amsure they must have seen "The Full Monty" at some stage, given that it is 10 years since the film was released!

I amsure they must have seen "The Full Monty" at some stage, given that it is 10 years since the film was released!
I meant out as in it's out of favor due to the content. :D
(Just being cheeky with you. . . .)

Seems to me that there was a variety show that The Queen and the Duke attended that had a number from The Full Monty. People seemed shocked that they weren't shocked.:D

I meant out as in it's out of favor due to the content. :D
(Just being cheeky with you. . . .)

the traditional Christmas Broadcast or 'Queen's Speech' at 15:00 GMT on Christmas Day.

sounds wonderful Thats the room 60 years ago Charles was Christened in

For those in Canada, the Queen's Christmas Message will be aired at 12 noon local time on CBC. In the US, it will probably be on on C-SPAN a few times, but they don't have their schedule for tomorrow up yet.

Is there a video of the christmas speech in internet?

Did you actually think the royals only wore their clothes once? They have all been avid recyclers for years.
I have wondered about QEII clothes in particular in light of her longevity. Does she ever get rid of old clothes and if so how? If she saved everything she ever wore it would take a whole warehouse to store it all and besides the older stuff wouldn't still fit her. On the other hand if it were donated or sold.....well that could get awkward. Perhaps like White House china they are destroyed when no longer usefull?

I watched the Queen's message on television for the first time, thanks to BBC World News. :flowers:

I really enjoyed Her Majesty's speech. I was planning on watching it online later but they just suddenly showed it on tv, without any warning kinda threw me off for a second, but it was very well done and I loved all the clips included.

I don't think there was a positive comment amongst the 59 replies and that is so sad, I think.

The Mail actively moderates the comments. If a submission doesn't meet the tone requirements they set for an article, it doesn't get in. Which is sad.

I read the article about the Queen's Christmas Message not long ago, and it looks like a few positive comments got posted. Not many, mind you, but a few. I spend some time over there "voting down" the negative ones.:)

The Mail actively moderates the comments. If a submission doesn't meet the tone requirements they set for an article, it doesn't get in. Which is sad.

HM looks great in this colour. Does HM have a new fashion advisor? She has looked simply fab. all year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom