Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 19: October 2008-March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mail actively moderates the comments. If a submission doesn't meet the tone requirements they set for an article, it doesn't get in. Which is sad.

I am aware of that but I have actually had positive comments posted there and regularly see a small percentage but this article seemed only to have vitriolic comments and the article was actually quite postive as far as The Mail goes.

Given the current circumstances, the theme of Her Majesty's Christmas speech was appropriate. My favourite moment was shots of Prince Andrew in a military uniform taking the British military personnel.
and my favorite moment was of the queen palying with the prince of wals :wub:it was a beautiful moment wich you can see the queen as a lovely mother not the strong queen that we know 55 years ago :wub:

I enjoyed the footage featuring the Queen with Charles. :wub:

Can this be true?

suedkurier.de | Queen erlässt Maulkorb für Angestellte

Found this article today ... basically it says that the employees of the royal household (more than 200 butlers, servants, cooks, cleaning personal) have to sign a paper which requires them not only to strict secrecy (which I could understand), but also to return any received gifts, papers, documents, even personal diaries!!! in case of leaving the palace.

What is the use of giving someone a gift or a thank-you-letter or ..., if the person has to return it upon e.g. retirement?

IMHO that's inordinate! :nonono:

Last edited:
I would imagine it is discouragement for those who want to cash in on their experience with the BRF.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would imagine it is discouragement for those who want to cash in on their experience with the BRF.
If indeed the article is true, I would imagine it has more to do with Paul Burrell taking personal items and diaries of Princess Diana for "safekeeping". :hammer:

If indeed the article is true, I would imagine it has more to do with Paul Burrell taking personal items and diaries of Princess Diana for "safekeeping". :hammer:

Not to mention the number of items that have come up for sale over the years.

10 million ponds? For a Bentley! Are you being serious??????:eek:
but I'm pleased the royals are going green. Biofuels from algae would be a good choice also. ;)

I'm just guessing but I imagine that those two Bentleys are more than a little special and certainly not production models. :D

But it is wonderful that the whole family is going "Green", although I have to admit Charles vino fueled car is a bit of a worry! :wine: :cheers:

Does anyone know what the Queen and the Duke do on New Year's Eve?:flowers:

Does anyone know what the Queen and the Duke do on New Year's Eve?:flowers:
let's guess georgiea ;)maybe dancing , or watching a movie ,or joing the rest of the family in a big party like we all do :lol:
im just joking with you , me too im very curious to know wathe her majesty and her royal highness do in the new year eve ;)

Pics 3.1.2009

Queen Elizabeth II on a pheasant shoot at Sandringham,
Britain - 03 Jan 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

thanks for the beautiful pictures iceflower :flowers:
her majesty looks healty and confortable , i think she enjoy her holidays :wub:

but I'm pleased the royals are going green. Biofuels from algae would be a good choice also. ;)
Nobody's picking up the algae biofuel, which is interesting. Are the Bentley's armoured plated? Thick glass windows? That might explain the cost.

Wow! Talking about actions, consequences and subsequent reaction. It just goes to show that there was obviously more going on than just a little acrimony on this forum. :eek:

In this case, I think it would be fair to assume that the Queen was:

A. Not amused. :nonono: and

B. Not showing it, in her own inimitable style, to all those who turned out to share this wonderful annual tradition with her. Classy! :cool:

Wow! Talking about actions, consequences and subsequent reaction. It just goes to show that there was obviously more going on than just a little acrimony on this forum. :eek: :cool:
Quite possibly they were a little concerned that animal welfare supporters might turn up. There is always security at these events, sometimes you see it, some times you don't.:D

Right. Possibly Prince Edward got threats.:ermm:

Quite possibly they were a little concerned that animal welfare supporters might turn up. There is always security at these events, sometimes you see it, some times you don't.:D

Pics 10.01.2009

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip brave the cold weather, as
the temperature drops to -5 degrees on a pheasant shoot,
Sandringham estate, Norfolk, Britain - 10 Jan 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

The Duke looks so cold in that second picture. Quick, somebody get that man some hot cocoa!:)

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip brave the cold weather, as
the temperature drops to -5 degrees on a pheasant shoot,
Sandringham estate, Norfolk, Britain - 10 Jan 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
:ROFLMAO:the queen looks fanny with theool-lined hat and a red scarf:ROFLMAO:she looks like a lot my grandmother , she wear the same hat in the wint :lol:
but she is a brave women to go in shoot in temperature 5 degree;)
thanks iceflower for the pic :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom