Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 18: May-October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that as well. I don't think that all the editors are anti-monarchy necessarily, but they all have to sell papers; and they do that by printing things that are interesting to the most number of people. A lot of people love to see the High and Mighty torn down, and so they buy the papers with the most scandalous headlines.

However, the tabs are gradually kiling their golden goose.:bang:

Sometimes I think the British tabloids just want to tear the monarchy down.

According to the Telegraph and the Times the Queen (well the Royal Household) is to buy a private jet for royal air travel. It comes as the Government is loooking to remove the responsibility of flying VIPs from the RAF.

Queen to buy £10 million private jet - Telegraph

Drop it orf at the palace: Queen shops for own jet - Times Online

Is it just me who wonders if the Government has asked the royal household to buy the jet so that it can distance itself from any bad PR that may arise from its purchase and then its use?

How much is 10 Million Pounds in U.S. Currency?

According to the Telegraph and the Times the Queen (well the Royal Household) is to buy a private jet for royal air travel. It comes as the Government is loooking to remove the responsibility of flying VIPs from the RAF.
Queen to buy £10 million private jet - Telegraph
It is not HM buying the jet, it is the government.

This is the same plane that was originally dubbed BLAIR FORCE ONE. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Queen attends the Ceremony of the Keys at the Palace of Holyroodhouse Edinburgh, 2008-06-30.
MediumPhoto
Queen Elizabeth II meets with Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond as he arrives at the Palace of Holyrood House in Edinburgh, 2008-07-01.
MediumPhoto
Queen Elizabeth II, The Duke of Edinburgh and The Princess Royal at a Royal garden party at the Palace of Holyroodhouse Edinburgh, 2008-07-01.
MediumPhoto

Last edited:
Pics 2.7.2008

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip take part in the annual celebration
of the Order of the Thistle, on July 2, 2008 in Edinburgh, Scotland. The
Order of the Thistle consists of sixteen knights of Scottish birth and
dates back to 1687 in its current incarnation.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Lovely pictures iceflower, thank you. :flowers: I always feel sorry for HM and the Duke, the robes they have to wear on occasions such as this, are normally very heavy! :flowers:

Lovely pictures iceflower, thank you. :flowers: I always feel sorry for HM and the Duke, the robes they have to wear on occasions such as this, are normally very heavy! :flowers:
But she's walking on her own power with a page to help carry the train! Well done Ma'am! :flowers:

Pics 3.7.2008

You are most welcome :flowers: and well, the Queen has
always been tough..:)

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh during a
visit to the West of Scotland Regional Heart and Lung Centre
at the Golden Jubilee Hospital in Clydebank to mark the 60th
anniversary of the National Health Service, July 3, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

It was funny to read. Angela got hysterical. I guess the guards did the right thing. It's nice to see who the Queen chooses for fashion sense. Thanks for sharing the article.

I don't think it is just the British news. I think it is univeral of all news now a days.:flowers:

Pics 4.7.2008

Queen Elizabeth II formally opens the Scotland s People Centre,
a newly refurbished archive site in Edinburgh, July 4, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Hello iceflower, thank you for the wonderfull pics:flowers:

thnks giov ; the queen is always very chic , she weare a very nice dress ,i like it .

Who is that stunning woman Kalyia Aga Khan? I know Yasmin Aga Khan is Rita Hayworths' daughter.

Queen Elizabeth II hosts a garden party in the grounds of Buckingham Palace London, 2008-07-08.
MediumPhoto
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages....|0|0|81870291|0|0|0|0|0|||0|0|0|0|0&p=7&tag=1
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65=
Who is that stunning woman Kalyia Aga Khan? I know Yasmin Aga Khan is Rita Hayworths' daughter.
Khaliya is the Prince Hussain's wife, the American-born Kristin, who took the name Princess Khaliya on their marriage two years ago.
Prince Hussain is Prince Amyn's son.

Last edited:
Khaliya is the Prince Hussain's wife, the American-born Kristin, who took the name Princess Khaliya on their marriage two years ago.
Prince Hussain is Prince Amyn's son.
Prince Hussain is the second of the Aga Khan's three sons. As far as I know Prince Amyn is unmarried and childless.

Thanks for the info. giov and Warren.

Warren, is there anything you DON'T know?? :D

Y'know, this may sound a bit silly.. but I think HM has been looking younger and livelier in the last few months than she has for the past couple of years.

Pics 10.7.2008

Thanks for the info. giov and Warren.

Warren, is there anything you DON'T know?? :D
I fear: no :D

The Queen and Prince Philip visit the 150th Great Yorkshire Show
in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England on July 10, 2008. The Royal
visitors were shown the event's many attractions, including the
sheep and cattle breeders ring, riding demonstrations and a
champion cattle parade.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

The Queen and Prince Philip visit the 150th Great Yorkshire Show
I think one of the most fascinating things about EIIR (and is shown in those photos) is that she is able to do a 'real smile' so often. Sociologists have long since defined the 'social smile'; basically just baring your teeth, no involvement of the rest of the face. True smiles involve the eyes and so on.

I think one of the most fascinating things about EIIR (and is shown in those photos) is that she is able to do a 'real smile' so often. Sociologists have long since defined the 'social smile'; basically just baring your teeth, no involvement of the rest of the face. True smiles involve the eyes and so on.
Well she's looking at farm animals. HM is a country woman at heart!
Giov, that link isn't working for your pics. Test it?

Pics 11.7.2008

Queen Elizabeth II presents new colours to the RAF at RAF
Fairford where she then watched a fly-past to celebrate the
90th birthday of the Royal Air Force, on July 11, 2008 in
Gloucestershire, England. Prince Philip was present as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom