Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 18: May-October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Russo, according to one of the royal documentaries, Prince Philip said that they don't use the produce at Windsor in the house as a rule because they have such a variable number of people there depending on whether there's a state visit or some other visit or if it's just the family. So it's easier to use caterers for large functions, although I assume they do use home-grown produce when it's just the family in residence.

Russo, according to one of the royal documentaries, Prince Philip said that they don't use the produce at Windsor in the house as a rule because they have such a variable number of people there depending on whether there's a state visit or some other visit or if it's just the family. So it's easier to use caterers for large functions, although I assume they do use home-grown produce when it's just the family in residence.
Okay, cool. Thanks for the info.! :flowers:
Home-grown tastes better anyway!

I think it makes sense that the Queen should have her own plane. It is definitely a cost effective move. If it is indeed going to cost 7 million pounds all up plus the cost of maintaining it then it is definitely an improvement on 5.5 million per year charter etc. :ohmy:

It will have paid for itself in less than 2 years! :cool:

I think it makes sense that the Queen should have her own plane. It is definitely a cost effective move. If it is indeed going to cost 7 million pounds all up plus the cost of maintaining it then it is definitely an improvement on 5.5 million per year charter etc. :ohmy:

It will have paid for itself in less than 2 years! :cool:

HM is suitably PR savvy (and frugal!) to note that in these recesssioanry times, it would be difficult to sell the idea of a private plane - but I have no doubt the economics would have swung the decision. The plane should pay for itself in a relatively short time.

Queen Elizabeth to visit Google

I've been really wondering about how it will go?
Will Larry and Sergy, founders, get a knighthood?
Will there be a Royal Warrant for the supply of Iphones?
Will the staff wear their usual attire of jeans and t shirts on the big day?
Does HM 'google'?
I hope there is some good press coverage and photos for the visit.

Pics 10.10.2008

The Queen during an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham
Palace London, October 10, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Part 20 of the current events of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh can be found here.

¤ ¤ ¤

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom