Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 15: May-July 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is Queen Elizabeth is beautiful dress and hat!!! Prince Philip is now 86 on 10 june birthday! He is high age and active with Queen Elizabeth beside! They married in 60th anniversary.!!!

The Queen receives the Ambassador from Burundi to the Court of St. James's, His Excellency Mr. Laurent Kavakure,
at Buckingham Palace, 6 June 2007. -----> Picture

The Queen receives the Ambassador from Andorra to the Court of St. James's, Her Excellency Mrs. Maria Rosa Picart de Francis, who presents the Letters of Recall of her predecessor and her own Letters of Credence, Buckingham Palace, 6 June 2007. -----> Picture

The Queen meets personnel during a visit to the Defence College of Policing and Guarding in Portsmouth, Hampshire, 7 June 2007. Her Majesty toured the facilities and attended a service in the Memorial Church before attending a Garden Party. -----> Picture

The Queen speaks to members of the Royal Australian Corps of Military Police at a Garden Party at the Defence College of Policing and Guarding in Hampshire, 7 June 2007. During her visit to the College, Her Majesty toured and then opened the Royal Military Police Museum -----> Picture

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh are greeted by crowds outside Romsey Abbey, Hampshire, after attending a service to mark the four hundredth anniversary of the market town's Royal Charter, 8 June 2007. Her Majesty and His Royal Highness later attended a reception in the Town Hall for people representing the life of Romsey. -----> Picture

MORE PICS...

Fotobanka isifa image service

other question

when the trooping for Queen's birthday Parade will be this next week on June 16th right??

karla64

Last edited:
iceflower said:
As a friend of the Queen, Lord Brabourne, formerly Lord Romsey (Norton Knatchbull), was allowed to kiss her , a rare pic ;) :)

A blood relative as well as a friend.

Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip and Lord and Lady Brabourne Planting of Mulberry trees to commemorate the 400th Anniversary of the granting of a Royal Charter, Romsey, Hampshire, Britain - 08 Jun 2007

Pictures:
Prince Philip planting a tree
Queen Elizabeth planting a tree

Queen Elizabeth II visits Romsey Abbey for a service to commemorate the 400th anniversary of the granting of the Royal Charter. The Royal Party then continued to the Market Place for a 'walkabout'

Pictures:
Queen Elizabeth

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip
Queen Elizabeth and a sea of British Flags

Gallery of Pictures from Wenn

I'm amazed at how grown up Alexandra Knatchbull is.
:)

HRH The Duke of Edinburgh celebrates his 86th birthday today,june 10th!
:flowers:

He will get the guns tomorrow! :royalguard:

I can't find the same news story I saw yesterday about what guns he gets. He gets a salute from the Tower, I remember, but is it a 40-gun salute or what?

He got 41 rounds fired by the Kings Troop Royal Horse in Hyde Park at midday.
Around 13.00 hrs he got 62 rounds fired near the Tower of London by the Honorary Artillery Company. :flowers:

Royal Scrooges sting taxpayers

THE Queen and Prince Charles - despite having a $1.5 billion fortune - have stung Australian taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars for royal gifts given to John Howard and other officials.

Royal Scrooges sting taxpayers | Herald Sun

They have certainly picked the worst picture of Charles, to suit their story - are they part of the News of the World group? :rolleyes:

Skydragon said:
are they part of the News of the World group?
Yes, the (Melbourne) Herald Sun is part of the News Corp. empire.

They act as if it's news that Australia, at some point, pays a small amount of money for the costs of the Australian Monarch and her family. (I know the article says "British", but it's not when it deals with other realms.)

Queen Elizabeth II (R) and Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh, arrive for a Remembrance Service commemorating 25 years since the Falklands conflict at The Falkland Islands Memorial Chapel in Pangbourne, Berkshire, 14 June 2007. Queen Elizabeth II, former prime minister Margaret Thatcher and current premier Tony Blair are participating in commemorations marking the of the end of the war with Argentina over Britain's rugged, windswept South Atlantic Ocean outpost. British soldiers entered the Falklands' capital Stanley on June 14, 1982, ending the 74-day occupation and a conflict which killed 649 Argentine and 255 British service personnel and three islanders

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

I watched the service on the BBC and was utterly appalled when Cherie Blair refused to curtsey or bow her head, despite her husband bowing just seconds before the Queen shook hands with Cherie. Baroness Thatcher meant more to me today than ever; Cherie grinned inanely at the Queen but wouldn't curtsey, the Queen moved onto Margaret who dropped the finest curtsey and bowed her head. Marvellous - now you tell me who's got more class? Margaret Beckett also pulled off a nice curtsey but only gave a slight bow of the head to the Duke of Edinburgh. Very strange.

Pics 14.6.2007

Here's a picture gallery with pics from today:

GBR: 25th Anniversary Of The Falklands Conflict Remembered

This one is quite cute :) :
A school girl looks through the legs of her fellow pupils to catch a glimse of VIP arrivals at The Falkland
Islands Memorial Chapel at Pangbourne College on June 14, 2007 in Berkshire, England. Macdiarmid/Getty Images
Pic

BeatrixFan said:
I watched the service on the BBC and was utterly appalled when Cherie Blair refused to curtsey or bow her head, despite her husband bowing just seconds before the Queen shook hands with Cherie. Baroness Thatcher meant more to me today than ever; Cherie grinned inanely at the Queen but wouldn't curtsey, the Queen moved onto Margaret who dropped the finest curtsey and bowed her head. Marvellous - now you tell me who's got more class? Margaret Beckett also pulled off a nice curtsey but only gave a slight bow of the head to the Duke of Edinburgh. Very strange.

I wonder if Cherie will make Tony refuse the peerage that's usually offered to ex-PMs.:lol:

Elspeth said:
I wonder if Cherie will make Tony refuse the peerage that's usually offered to ex-PMs.:lol:
Don't be silly! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: She isn't that principled!

Oh we can be sure that Baroness Blair will lap up her role as Lady of the Manor. Odious woman.

I don't think they even have a manor! :lol: She could never be mistaken for a Lady either! :ROFLMAO:

Perhaps HM could bring in new rules and exclude them.:D

Oh I don't know - have you heard how much the place in Connaught Square cost? I'd love HM to say in a public address, "Thank God those two are going because they've really got on my boobies for the last 10 years".

No. He was conspicuous by his absence. Edward was in the Falklands which was an odd choice so I'm not sure where Andrew was.

Pics 15.6.2007

Prince Philip holding a copy of the new Shakespeare Globe first folio edition of 'Love's Labour's Lost' - Prince Philip was visiting Shakespeare's Globe Theatre on the occasion of the tenth anniversary of it's opening, London, Britain - 15 Jun 2007

Pic 1
Pic 2
Picture gallery from isifa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom