Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 14: February-May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GillW said:
It is extremely rare for the queen to be seen oin any kinf of trousers, apart from johdpurs when riding. One of very few time was on leaving hospital following an operation on her knee - & those were made for her by her personal dresser. Even at her most casual HM normally wears skirts - often tartan.

I especially like seeing her in the tartan. I wish the Princes would wear more of the tartan like the Queen's sons.

I just saw photographs of the Queen at the Royal Windsor Horse Show, and oddly enough, her shoes didn't match! They were of a similar style, but one was brown and one was black. Bobo would never have let that happen.

Disgraced former Royal butler boasts he's still in touch with Wills and Harry

What are we to believe in this article about the butler who served under the Queen and Princess Di?

Buckingham Palace denies the report that the Queen met up with Burrell at the Kentucky Derby.

Disgraced former Royal butler boasts he's still in touch with Wills and Harry

Princess Diana's former servant Paul Burrell has found a tawdry new way of trading on his old Royal connections - touring America with wine branded the "Royal Butler Collection'.

He has been boasting that he remains close to the Royal Family, claiming he met the Queen at the Kentucky Derby last week and was still in contact with the Royal Princes.
As he autographed bottles of the Chardonnay, Shiraz and sparkling rose he is importing from Australia - and which sell for between £5 and £7.50 a bottle - at a Miami supermarket last week, he told shoppers: "The Queen and I are still close, but I can't say too much.

Disgraced former Royal butler boasts he's still in touch with Wills and Harry | the Daily Mail

iowabelle said:
I just saw photographs of the Queen at the Royal Windsor Horse Show, and oddly enough, her shoes didn't match! They were of a similar style, but one was brown and one was black. Bobo would never have let that happen.

OMG!!! That is really funny. Can you share the picture with us?

iowabelle said:

No, and neither would her current dresser. This is not some old lady rummaging in a dark cupboard for a matching shoe. You're talking about someone who has every item of clothing laid out for her every day of her life.

The shoes in question are shaded leather brogues and if you look at a number of pictures the variation in colours in due to (1) the angle of the photo and (2) the wetness of the grass causing changes to some parts & not others and (3) variations in light & shadow falling on the shoes.

The Queen and I are still close, but I can't say too much
I must share that one with the President of Latvia when we go paint-balling tomorrow.

BeatrixFan said:
I must share that one with the President of Latvia when we go paint-balling tomorrow.

Don't hit him in the backside. Those things hurt.

Hitting him in the backside is the last thing I need to worry about. He appears to have changed sex since we last met ;) :lol:

BeatrixFan said:
Hitting him in the backside is the last thing I need to worry about. He appears to have changed sex since we last met ;) :lol:

Ooopsie. :ermm: :lol:

this year at buckingham palace there is to be a special exhibition to mark the diamond wedding anniversary of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh. It will include her wedding dress and the outfits of the wedding party. It will also feature all the jewellery presented to her on the occassioon of her marriage and the tiara and pearls that she wore on the day

sound like a must for all royal fans - the palace is open from the 28th july to 25th september. for more info check out the royal colection website as there willl be a special book Five Gold rings to commerate royal weddings since Queen Victoria

GillW said:
It is extremely rare for the queen to be seen in any kind of trousers, apart from johdpurs when riding. One of very few times was on leaving hospital following an operation on her knee - & those were made for her by her personal dresser. Even at her most casual HM normally wears skirts - often tartan.

I suspect she might have worn them more often when she was younger. I have a pic of her visiting the island of St Kilda in the Outer Hebrides in 1971. It looks as though it was cold there, but no-one's wearing gloves though so it can't have been freezing-absolutely-must-wear-trousers cold. It's not just a family do, she's being introduced to some military types by a fellow in johdpurs and is about to shake hands with them.

GillW said:
It is extremely rare for the queen to be seen in any kind of trousers, apart from johdpurs when riding. One of very few times was on leaving hospital following an operation on her knee - & those were made for her by her personal dresser. Even at her most casual HM normally wears skirts - often tartan.

Remember all the pictures of her in trousers from the various days of the cruise last summer? The queen-wearing-trousers subject was discussed then too.

Time to close this thread.
The new thread, Part 16, for the Current Events of the Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh can be found here.

Thanks to everyone, who contributed. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom