Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 11: July-October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine The Queen thinking "to resolve the Diana Death crisis I will plunge the nation into another Abdication crisis." Most unlikely.
She may have had a moment of self-doubt with the prevailing hysteria, but that would have soon passed.

I'm just going to have to resign myself to the fact that people are going to treat this fictionalized drama with made-up dialogue and scenes as "fact"...*SIGH*.

selrahc4 said:
I'm just going to have to resign myself to the fact that people are going to treat this fictionalized drama with made-up dialogue and scenes as "fact"...*SIGH*.

All too true and one of the main reasons why i never watch this sort of thing.

It must be true because the script writer said "I went to see everyone and anyone who would talk," :ermm: "There area lot of biographers of the Royal Family and the Blairs and they all have their sources, from equerries to secretaries to butlers to maids to civil servants."
and of course they were all in the garden at the precise moment..... Oh please!:wacko:

Warren said:
I can't imagine The Queen thinking "to resolve the Diana Death crisis I will plunge the nation into another Abdication crisis." Most unlikely.
She may have had a moment of self-doubt with the prevailing hysteria, but that would have soon passed.

I agree with you Warren. She was becoming frustrating with all the criticism, etc.

Warren said:
I agree and i think that the queen was probably indeed shocked at the british reaction but she probably thought "this will pass".And also abdication would have been worst because charles wasnt particularly the favorite person at the moment and william would have been too young, so it is an utterly ridiculous claim in my mind---it probably might have been that she had the fleeting thought is this the beginning of the end of the monarchy or even an "i've done it all wrong" but we are unlikely to know.

Skydragon said:
Did the Queen want to abdicate after Di's death?

London, Aug 14(ANI): If the story of new film 'The Queen' is to be believed, Elizabeth II, shocked at the public anger towards her, considered abdicating in the days after Princess Diana died.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/060814/139/66o45.html
The Queen will never and will not abdicate the throne.It was The Queen's coronation oath and promise to Britons' and Commonwealth citizens' that she will reign and serve them until her death.Besides,HM has promised her late father,George VI,late mother,Elizabeth,The Queen Mother and late grandmother,Mary that she will not abdicate.Her uncle,Edward VIII's abdication in order to marry American divorcee,Wallis Simpson did embarass and disgraced the royal family at that time.So I am very sure HM will not abdicate in favour of Prince Charles as long as she is able,healthy and fit to reign.Following is an excerpt taken from The Queen's speech as HRH Princess Elizabeth to the Commonwealth > "I declare before you all that my whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong." HRH Princess Elizabeth, Cape Town, 21st April 1947.

Last edited:
Right, so this film is going to be a really historically accurate experience, then...:rolleyes:

Elspeth said:
Right, so this film is going to be a really historically accurate experience, then...:rolleyes:

Now you are being silly! :lol: :lol:

Uganda: Queen for State Visit

HER Majesty the Queen of England, Elizabeth II will pay a three-day State visit to Uganda prior to the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM), a Parliament committee heard yesterday.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200608170147.html

Queen meets musicians from Scotland`s newly-formed Army regiment

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II after being presented with a brooch of the Royal Regiment of Scotland by General Euan Loudon at Balmoral Castle, Aberdeenshire.
Abaca Press

Last edited by a moderator:
Rather a lovely brooch. Another bauble for us to coo over. The Queen looks lovely in blue.

It is first photo all royal family with duchess Camilla!!! It is not see often Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip with Duchess Camilla on photo one!!!! Now is Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip same on photo with Duchess Camilla!! Wow Queen Elizabeth is beuatiful blue dress and big hat!!! She is still strong and 80 year!!!!

That photograph is hilarious with both Her Majesty and Her Royal Highness giving the photographer the steely eye!

Jose said:
It is first photo all royal family with duchess Camilla!!!

Not the first at all. There have been several others over the past 16 months.

BeatrixFan said:
That photograph is hilarious with both Her Majesty and Her Royal Highness giving the photographer the steely eye!

Like two peas in a pot.... LOL!

BeatrixFan said:

I thought so, too. And, looking at Prince Charles I am curious at what seems to be bothering him? Is it because Camilla is standing five persons away from him? And, why so?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/default.stm

If you look down the page, you can watch a teaser of "The Queen" movie. It's just showed in Venice. If the link has gone, search for "Queen Movie Venice" and it should come up. From the 60 sec clip of the film, Helen Mirren appears to have caught the Queen perfectly.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5297518.stm

A better link. The video clip from the Queen can be found in the right hand corner. Well worth a watch.

juliana said:
...in a pot?
"Two peas in a pod"

Maybe the peas had been taken out of the pod and put into the pot...you never know...;)

An extremely cute pic of the Queen :) well, I hope it's okay to call it cute ;)

"Queen Elizabeth II takes an early morning ride with a groom in Balmoral, UK on August 31, 2006."

263ykgi.jpg

(abacapress)

"... Forbes estimates her personal fortune at $500 million, not counting, of course, such state treasures as Buckingham Palace and the Crown Jewels."

Personal fortune? It's highly overstimated. :sleep:

The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall at the Braemar Games - they all seem to be having a wonderful time.

From Getty Images

From PolFoto

BeatrixFan said:
The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall at the Braemar Games - they all seem to be having a wonderful time.
This has made my day- thanks for the postings Beatrix F.

Yes, this one made my day too! What a great pic. I love Camilla's 'hat', btw. It really suits her! :flowers:

That's really a great picture (the one, where Her Majesty and Prince Charles laugh), as well as the others, posted by BeatrixFan, thanks for them.
It's so nice to see the Family enjoying time with each other (and enjoying the game as well apparently!). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom