Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 10: April-July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She always looks so happy and relaxed at horse shows. I hope that hat didn't frighten any of the horses.

Queen Elizabeth II at Royal Windsor Horse Show Dinner

Queen Elizabeth II in kaftan-style arrives for a party/dinner at the Royal Windsor Horse Show.(MAY 12,2006)

From Corbis

Attachments

• 42-16798208.jpg
    42-16798208.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 282
  • 42-16798207.jpg
    42-16798207.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 265
I didn't know exactly were to put this so here:
From PrinceHarryFanatics, I just put the main points about what he said not the entire article which can be found on http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=732762006

MOHAMED al-Fayed yesterday used a BBC radio interview to launch an extraordinary attack on the Duke of Edinburgh, branding him a racist who "grew up with Nazis" and who organised the murder of his son and Princess Diana because he could not tolerate the thought of their marriage. The Harrods owner also claimed a forthcoming official report into the 1997 Paris accident would confirm that Diana, 36 at the time of her death, was carrying Dodi Fayed's child. The outburst is the latest chapter in a nine-year battle waged by Mr Fayed against what he claims is a conspiracy organised by Britain's security services at the behest of the Royal Family. While Mr Fayed has consistently claimed his 42-year-old son Dodi and Diana were murdered, the Egyptian businessman used Radio 2's Jeremy Vine show as a vehicle for a vitriolic attack on Prince Philip. Referring to his German lineage, Mr Fayed said: "He [Philip] himself is a racist, it is well-known. He grew up with a Nazi, it is well-known." Prince Philip's four elder sisters all married German aristocracy in the 1930s. One was married to a lieutenant-colonel in the German reserves, while another was married to Prince Christoph of Hesse, a major in the Luftwaffe. The Harrods owner went on: "A guy who grew up with the Nazis, you think he will accept my son to marry Princess Diana, the mother of the future king, and she was carrying his child? All this will be black and white from the investigation in Paris." He dismissed Prince Philip as "nothing to do with the country, imported from Germany, half-Russian, grew up with the Hitler people, his aunt was married to Hitler's general". Mr Fayed's hatred of the Royal Family is well-documented, and claims of a plot to murder Diana and Dodi Fayed have formed part of the canon of conspiracy theories that have circulated since the crash in the Pont d'Alma tunnel in Paris on 31 August, 1997. Mr Fayed used the BBC interview to claim that Diana had spoken with foreboding of her future while on holiday at the millionaire's home in the south of France. He said: "Exactly she told me: 'If anything happens to me, Mohamed, be sure what is going to happen to me is going to be a devastating accident'

Last edited:
Oh he's desperare for that passport isn't he?

Queen Elizabeth II arrives at Westminster Abbey in London, 17 May 2006, to attend the The Order of the Bath Service. The Order of the Bath is comprised largely of people with distinguished military careers. The Order dates back to 1725 and uses Henry VII's Chapel in Westminster Abbey as its Chapel. Profimedia.

http://s2.supload.com/free/NWS-1001655-20060517145307.jpg/view/

Last edited:
And that's what makes England great. Tradition, stability and ceremony.

She does look rather splendid!

Skydragon said:
She does look rather splendid!
Yes I wholeheartedly agree she was a very beautiful young woman and, although middle age wasn't kind to her, she now looks very elegant and dignified as an elderly woman. She has a great smile, doesn't she?

BeatrixFan said:
And that's what makes England great. Tradition, stability and ceremony.
I complety second that one. I always enjoy watching your weird ceremonies very much. :) :p

Queen Elizabeth II meets Professor Stephen Hawking, inside the Music Room at Buckingham Palace, Thursday May 18, 2006. The Queen was greeting around 500 guests as part of a 'Service Beyond Sixty Reception'.

from polfoto and more from getty

Attachments

• 31.JPG
    31.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 223
  • 57648045.jpg
    57648045.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 199
  • 57648047.jpg
    57648047.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 169
  • 57648051.jpg
    57648051.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 57648054.jpg
    57648054.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 205
  • 57648056.jpg
    57648056.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
fanletizia said:
Queen Elizabeth II meets Professor Stephen Hawking, inside the Music Room at Buckingham Palace, Thursday May 18, 2006. The Queen was greeting around 500 guests as part of a 'Service Beyond Sixty Reception'.

from polfoto and more from getty

She really does look like a kindly old lady who seems to be genuinely happy in these photos. Thanks fanletizia

The Queen visits Hillingdon

from ukpress

Attachments

• Queen_Hillingdon_1-UKP.jpg
    Queen_Hillingdon_1-UKP.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 523
  • Queen_Hillingdon_6-UKP.jpg
    Queen_Hillingdon_6-UKP.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 286
  • Queen_Hillingdon_10-UKP.jpg
    Queen_Hillingdon_10-UKP.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 237
  • Queen_Hillingdon_9-UKP.jpg
    Queen_Hillingdon_9-UKP.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 161
  • Queen_Hillingdon_8-UKP.jpg
    Queen_Hillingdon_8-UKP.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 202
  • Queen_Hillingdon_7-UKP.jpg
    Queen_Hillingdon_7-UKP.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 272
  • Queen_Hillingdon_5-UKP.jpg
    Queen_Hillingdon_5-UKP.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 219
  • Queen_Hillingdon_4-UKP.jpg
    Queen_Hillingdon_4-UKP.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 244
  • Queen_Hillingdon_3-UKP.jpg
    Queen_Hillingdon_3-UKP.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 245
  • Queen_Hillingdon_2-UKP.jpg
    Queen_Hillingdon_2-UKP.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
More images from ukpress

Attachments

• Queen_Hillingdon_11-UKP.jpg
    Queen_Hillingdon_11-UKP.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 462
  • Queen_Hillingdon_12-UKP.jpg
    Queen_Hillingdon_12-UKP.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 366
  • Queen_Hillingdon_13-UKP.jpg
    Queen_Hillingdon_13-UKP.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 211
  • Queen_Hillingdon_14-UKP.jpg
    Queen_Hillingdon_14-UKP.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 215
  • Queen_Hillingdon_15-UKP.jpg
    Queen_Hillingdon_15-UKP.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 232
  • Queen_Hillingdon_16-UKP.jpg
    Queen_Hillingdon_16-UKP.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 438
  • Queen_Hillingdon_17-UKP.jpg
    Queen_Hillingdon_17-UKP.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 371
HM looks stunning in that red outfit. I love the hat and the colour. What brooch is that?

Prince Phillip

Even at 85, Prince Phillip still looks so vigorous and handsome....hope my husband looks that great at that age!

Mrs Bucket meeting the Queen with Baroness Boothroyd.

from Getty.

Hahaha, Mrs. Bucket! The one and only!
I think the Queen is telling her that she's not 'the lady of the house' at the moment. :p But she finally did it, she met the Queen. :D

I expect Onslow to pop in anytime now and mess things up for our dear Hyacinth. :p

lol. I would love to have heard what the Queen said to Patricia Routledge. Apparantly, when she got her CBE from the Queen, the Queen said, "We like Hyacinth very much".

So Patricia Routledge said. They asked her to report what the Queen said to her and she said, "Well, no I won't but she did say, 'We like Hyacinth very much' which is lovely of Her Majesty to say".

The photographs of HM Queen Elizabeth are some of the most beautiful I've seen (the smiling ones). This is a Lady that has turned a gracefull 80.

Queen Elizabeth II attends the preview day of the annual Chelsea Flower show in London 22 May 2006.

Attachments

• 71008263.jpg
    71008263.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 272
The Queen, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh officially opened 'Front Page', an exhibition to mark the centenary of the Newspaper Publisher's Association at the British Library, London on Tuesday 23rd May.
From Profimedia, and via Supload.

Queen hopes to join party for VG Day (Victory in Germany)

trans.gif
THE Football Association may be tempting fate by planning an England World Cup victory parade that will culminate in tea with the Queen at Buckingham Palace.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,28782-2194653,00.html

Now we are definately going to lose! :D

How is Philip's health holding up these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom