The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1181  
Old 05-01-2018, 12:14 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 7,576
Yes, three bedroomed Ivy Cottage, while Harry and Meghan's abode, Nott Cott, has only two bedrooms. Nice!
__________________

  #1182  
Old 05-01-2018, 12:19 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: jersey shore, United States
Posts: 1,110
It’s lovely news for this gal, I wish them joy
__________________

  #1183  
Old 05-01-2018, 12:34 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Yes, three bedroomed Ivy Cottage, while Harry and Meghan's abode, Nott Cott, has only two bedrooms. Nice!
Yes but Nott cottage is considered a 'transition home'. It was a bachelor pad, and they will move on to bigger and better. For Eugenie, this will be home, so makes sense she has more space.

Quote:
That brings Eugenie's amount of patronages to 7, which is pretty satisfactory considering she has a full-time job.
Especially considering she isn't considered a 'working royal'. Patronages on top of a full time job, she has a good balance.

Her patronages

-Tate Young patrons
-Royal Orthopedic hospital
-Elephant family
-Teenage cancer trust
-Coronet theater, Kensington
-European school of Osteopathy
-and her work with the anti-slavery campaign

Both sisters have shown a real initiative to get involved. Along with her work with both We and Big Change, Bea has 11 patronages. And works with her dad on pitch@palace. She also seems to be doing some work with eye related charities (trip to India).
  #1184  
Old 05-01-2018, 07:42 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
[Its being reported that Eugenie moved into Ivy cottage last week.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...-jack-12458102

I thought so.
I don't know where I heard it, but I got the impression the damp problem at Ivy Cottage had been quietly taken care of, and that Eugenie was now able to move in with Jack.

I hope, after this month's wedding, we will start to hear more about Eugenie's.
  #1185  
Old 05-01-2018, 08:20 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Yes, three bedroomed Ivy Cottage, while Harry and Meghan's abode, Nott Cott, has only two bedrooms. Nice!
Harry and Meghan, like William and Kate, will only temporarily live in Nott Cott.

Good for Eugenie and Jack! Happy for them.
  #1186  
Old 05-01-2018, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,214
But what about Beatrice?
I know she travels a lot, but doesn't she still need a London base?

It's been reported that the York girls have vacated the apartment they once shared at SJP.
  #1187  
Old 05-01-2018, 08:48 AM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,750
Here's a link about the York princesses roles:

Opinion: What kind of role should Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie have? – Royal Central

I think Andrew is really pushing for his girls to get recognitions.
  #1188  
Old 05-01-2018, 09:01 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Here's a link about the York princesses roles:

Opinion: What kind of role should Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie have? – Royal Central

I think Andrew is really pushing for his girls to get recognitions.


Well said ... and all very reasonable.
  #1189  
Old 05-01-2018, 09:44 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,214
I'm convinced it's down to Fergie's antics.
They reflect on her daughters.

Some of the current working royals are well past retirement age, and the York women (especially Beatrice) seem keen.
Why NOT use them to fill the gaps?

I realize they are not popular with the public (again, down to their mother) but they themselves haven't caused any scandals.
I think it is short-sighted to exclude them.
  #1190  
Old 05-01-2018, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I'm convinced it's down to Fergie's antics.
They reflect on her daughters.

Some of the current working royals are well past retirement age, and the York women (especially Beatrice) seem keen.
Why NOT use them to fill the gaps?

I realize they are not popular with the public (again, down to their mother) but they themselves haven't caused any scandals.
I think it is short-sighted to exclude them.
Who is going to pay for their office that would be required as a working royal? Their wardrobe? Charles doesn't want to pay for it considering he'll have to support his siblings as well once his mother is gone. How about after that? Should William support them as well? Then we are down the same path we had before in terms of the Kents and Gloucesters. Public doesn't want that many royals anymore. And royals don't retire at the same age as the rest of us. I don't think anyone can make them either.

And let's not put this entirely on Fergie. Andrew and his antics hasn't helped matters either.

I'm fairly certain that we won't see another HRH who is simply the grandchild of a monarch. Even though the LP allows all grandchildren of a monarch to have the title, I have this suspicion that from now on, it'll most likely go the way of Wessex children.
  #1191  
Old 05-01-2018, 11:03 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 5,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Well said ... and all very reasonable.
They could well be a sort of part time Royals. Doing a few Eventls like they now who are also reported in the CC. And to that have a regular as they already have.
__________________
Stefan



  #1192  
Old 05-01-2018, 11:32 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,128
I think they will keep doing as they already are...nothing further.


LaRae

This is out on the air today:

Princess Eugenie and her soon to be husband Jack Brooksbank have moved into the three-bedroom Ivy Cottage inside the grounds of Kensington Palace.


LaRae
  #1193  
Old 05-02-2018, 12:53 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 12,833
Please note that posts regarding the wedding of Eugenie and Jack have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-44264-10.html .

Please post all wedding discussion in the appropriate thread.

Thank you.
__________________
.

  #1194  
Old 05-02-2018, 11:03 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Yes but Nott cottage is considered a 'transition home'. It was a bachelor pad, and they will move on to bigger and better. For Eugenie, this will be home, so makes sense she has more space.

I think Ivy Cottage might be a 'transition home' for Eugenie as well.
She probably will need more space once she and Jack start a family.

In any case, I think she'll be given a different apartment as soon as others become available.
  #1195  
Old 05-02-2018, 11:06 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I think Ivy Cottage might be a 'transition home' for Eugenie as well.
She probably will need more space once she and Jack start a family.

In any case, I think she'll be given a different apartment as soon as others become available.
It also depends how what she and Jack can afford, and if Andrew is willing to help. Although, Andrew has such a long lease on Royal Lodge that they could live there.
  #1196  
Old 05-03-2018, 07:57 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
It also depends how what she and Jack can afford, and if Andrew is willing to help. Although, Andrew has such a long lease on Royal Lodge that they could live there.

If they are both working in London, it wouldn't be convenient to live at Royal Lodge.
  #1197  
Old 05-03-2018, 08:19 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 2,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Who is going to pay for their office that would be required as a working royal? Their wardrobe? Charles doesn't want to pay for it considering he'll have to support his siblings as well once his mother is gone. How about after that? Should William support them as well? Then we are down the same path we had before in terms of the Kents and Gloucesters. Public doesn't want that many royals anymore. And royals don't retire at the same age as the rest of us. I don't think anyone can make them either.

And let's not put this entirely on Fergie. Andrew and his antics hasn't helped matters either.

I'm fairly certain that we won't see another HRH who is simply the grandchild of a monarch. Even though the LP allows all grandchildren of a monarch to have the title, I have this suspicion that from now on, it'll most likely go the way of Wessex children.
We will see what happens to Harry's first child once his father becomes king. Then we'll know.
Could be he and Meghan are so popular that whatever happens first, either the queen grants their kids a Royal title or Charles and Harry act conservatively and the kid gets the title for being Charles' grandchild. Because the public wants it that way.
Edward was never that popular and with Lady Louise's health problems, it surely was better to allow for more privacy.
But "Prince Harry" is so loved by the public, there might be a lot of voices who see in him and Meghan a sort of guarantee for the monarchy, so want a Royal title for their children as well. And the same might happen some day with Prince Louis' children.
  #1198  
Old 05-03-2018, 08:22 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 2,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
It also depends how what she and Jack can afford, and if Andrew is willing to help. Although, Andrew has such a long lease on Royal Lodge that they could live there.
Having them live at Ivy cottage makes it easier for their future children to grow up protected and next to their little Royal cousins. Was Ivy Cottage renovated before they moved in?
  #1199  
Old 05-03-2018, 08:29 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 2,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Here's a link about the York princesses roles:

Opinion: What kind of role should Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie have? – Royal Central

I think Andrew is really pushing for his girls to get recognitions.
Did either Beatrice or Eugenie themselves said something about that? Maybe they are quite happy to not have to live up to the role of a Working Royal? What with all that counting of how many engagements they do or the way William was called "workshy" when he had one of the most difficult and potential traumatizing job on "serving his people"? If you are not yourself or a family member of people in the rescue force, you normally have no idea what the rescue staff has to deal with on a daily basis. And that was this thank you by the media (and from the media-influenced public). Why should the York-prioncesses want this kind of life when they could go their own way?
  #1200  
Old 05-03-2018, 08:49 AM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,750
Eugenie and Jack may be paying rent for Ivy Cottage:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hom...356.html%3famp

The tabloids have been going on as if this was like a gift to them, and how much bigger it was from Nottingham Cottage, Harry and Meghan's digs. I saw no indication that Harry and Meghan are paying to stay at their place.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
princess eugenie


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank, Current Events 1: October 2018 - JessRulz The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 282 11-27-2020 01:23 AM
Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 5: October 2008-April 2010 Elspeth Current Events Archive 546 04-23-2010 12:12 PM
Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 4: June-October 2008 Warren Current Events Archive 241 10-30-2008 01:21 AM




Popular Tags
abdication althorp baby names biography bridal gown british royal family carolin chittagong clarence house coronavirus diana princess of wales dna dubai dutch earl of snowdon facts fantasy movie future general news thread george vi gradenigo hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hill historical drama history hochberg hypothetical monarchs intro italian royal family jewellery languages list of rulers mail mary: crown princess of denmark mountbatten names nepalese royal jewels northern ireland norway palestine pless prince dimitri princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn walailak princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange queen elizabeth ii queen louise queen mathilde random facts royal court royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royalty of taiwan royal wedding royal wedding gown serbian royal family snowdon spencer family thailand thai royal family tips tracts uae customs united states of america wittelsbach working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×