Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 5: October 2008-April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Mr Roslyn's keen eye we have some juicy and titillating descriptions in this article:

cavorting on a beach topless [whoever uses the word "cavorting"* in everyday conversation? She was more probably lying on her beach towel or having a swim], lesbian-themed nightclub [as opposed to a real lesbian nighclub? If it means pictures of naked women, is 'Playboy' a lesbian-themed magazine?], sparking up ciggies [smoking], dancing up a storm [dancing], erotic images [what the writer means is straight mens' lesbian fantasies] and "errant" Royal [why the use of inverted commas, does the writer mean she wasn't actually 'errant' at all?']

Ah, the creativity of modern journalism. :D

*cavort: caper excitedly, prance [Concise Oxford]

:previous:
Must have been a journalist that took a creative writing course! :D

I've been eagerly waiting for the "scandal" to "unfold in London's tabloids", but so far nothing. :easterbunny:

Just from reading this site as often as I do, I am under the distinct impression that the British tabloid media is far more......creative linguistically than the American tabloid media is. Over here, we'll say it like it is. Over there, they use flowery language or fancy words. Frankly, I like it. Means they're putting a little effort into being completely and totally wrong. And everyone deserves an A for effort. ;)

Interestingly enough Eugenie is on the front page of all the tabloids today wearing a spangled banner bikini and caught in varying degree of suggestive poses (not an attack on the princess at all, just saying some of the shots were carefully chosen to provide for rather tasteless headlines).

Anyway, what I find interesting is that no pictures are available online. It's the Mail front page story and yet there is nothing on their website. I am not sure what is going on there...

Well would you look at that!
Where is Eugenie at the moment btw?
I though she was in sydney?
I like the picture of Princess Anne in the Daily telegraph. :)
x

Well would you look at that!
Where is Eugenie at the moment btw?
I though she was in sydney?
I like the picture of Princess Anne in the Daily telegraph. :)
x

I believe she is in Thailand (but considering the state of unrest their I suspect that she has left that country by now and may even have returned to Australia or be on her way elsewhere.

So the tabloids don't really have any topless photos of Eugenie then. It's so gratuitous so drag in her mother's indisgretion from almost twenty years ago.

Where oh where are the gap years which William and Harry took back when they were younger? Both young men undertook some serious charity work during their gap years.

All Beatrice and Eugenie have managed to do is look like spoiled rich girls who embarass the Crown - while flitting around the world with (seemingly) not a care in the world. All the while they enjoy the perks of royalty with private bodyguards paid for by the British taxpayers.
If the security of Eugenie is so paramount to the Royal Family, what in the world is she doing in Thailand where there is civic unrest?
And, please, leave the American flag bikini to the Americans - couldn't she find a Union Jack?

It is now in the Mail
Ah thanks.
I had though the articles were not up either because there were concerns for Eugenie safety (considering she still might be in Thailand) and/or because Sarah had complained to PCC.
Obviously, it was just a case of website editors making the most of their Easter week-end...
So the tabloids don't really have any topless photos of Eugenie then. It's so gratuitous so drag in her mother's indisgretion from almost twenty years ago.
They do. In the second DM pic Eugenie is clearly topless.

The Sun article is degrading imo.

Princess Eugenie larks in the sea with a girl pal – who is knockered out by her big curvy boobs | They're Euge! | The Sun |News|Royals

In this article the paper is clearly revelling in the lesbian-esque behaviour in the photo. I know she and her friends are mucking about but it is a bit inappropriate especially when she must know theres a chance she's being photographed. I would feel really uncomfortable if any of by friends touched me like that.

It certainly opens pandora's box --foolish girl. It's one thing if she were new to the press tactics but she grew up in this, and certainly of all people should have learned from her Mother's mistakes. JMO

This is not funny... is annoying! really!. Isn't anyone to tell this girl: Eugenie when you are being photgraphed by paparazzis please dont let your friends play with your boobs cause is no good for granny's business???

This is not funny... is annoying! really!. Isn't anyone to tell this girl: Bea when you are being photgraphed by paparazzis please dont let your friends play with your boobs cause is no good for granny's business???

I believe thats Eugenie :)
x

At what point is someone judged by their actions and not by the actions of their parents?

Eugenie should have shown better judgement in wearing such a suit and taking off her top.

At this point, I doubt that Eugenie cares what people think. I can't read the girl's mind, but her behaviour has shown that she lacks judgement. So either she doesn't understand what being a Princess of the UK means, or else she's under some kind of influence that fuzzies her thinking. Surely she must have realized that she'd be a target for paparazzi while on the beach. She's at the age where young people have to start deciding how they're going to live and what kind of friends they're going to have.

At what point is someone judged by their actions and not by the actions of their parents?

Eugenie should have shown better judgement in wearing such a suit and taking off her top.

Well, they say that the frontal cortex of the brain (the reasoning and decision making part) doesn't develop fully until a child is about 21. I guess that's the only explanation one can have for her to do something so foolish.

The perfect image of a British royal princess.....an elegant vision of graceful charm and beauty.....erm......stars and stipes bikini, hoody and smoking a fag.....what an enchanting postcard to send your dear old grandmother!

Ah thanks.
In the second DM pic Eugenie is clearly topless.
I see neither breast nor nipple therefore will not permit licentious use of the word topless (can see shadow/reflection off water which shows bikini back and therefore she was not topless merely straps down)
The Sun article is degrading imo.
errm its the SUN what do you expect.....

Is Eugenie on some sort of tour of the world's hot spots? Thailand doesn't seem to be a particularly stable place to be visiting right now. And she had that narrow miss in India right before the terrorist strike.

Is Eugenie on some sort of tour of the world's hot spots? Thailand doesn't seem to be a particularly stable place to be visiting right now. And she had that narrow miss in India right before the terrorist strike.

Wasn't she supposed to go to South America but Andrew vetoed that as too dangerous?

As a result she came to Australia and from there to Thailand - a place where many Aussies go to holiday. I personally was considering a holiday there later this year but have cancelled those plans and will now vacation in Australia.

I think you're right about that South American trip, Iluvbertie. You'd think they would run this past HM and the Prime Minister since Eugenie is pretty high up in the line of succession. Surely there's places that are fun and inexpensive and not rioting or have a great possibility of a terrorist attack.

And I know she's already been to Phuket with her mother. (I'd be wary of that place given the recent typhoon...)

I'm not against the girl going out and having some fun on a beach, but the "grey men" really ought to think about the security issues surrounding her.

Normally I wouldn't worry about Phuket. I have friends who go their twice a year every year and have never had any problems, but they are cancelling their trip for July this year due to the political situation and not the weather. I also have friends who regularly visit Bali and the bombs haven't stopped them going just as the bombs in London haven't stopped people going there.

Typhoons happen in Asia every year, just as cyclones hit northern Australia and Hurricanes hit America and the Caribbean. If a typhoon was a reason for not visiting a place then people shouldn't ever visit New Orleans during hurricane season either, but they do don't they.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom