Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 6: January-April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this don't is the first guy in beatrice's life, I think he is the number 3 in public with her

Beck said:
i think everyone is pretty harsh to beatrice. she is a teenager experimenting with the fashion. both those outfits were quite fashoionable in england. go into any topshop or h and m store in england and the style would be very similar :)
As i've said many times before, i dont have anything against Beatrice. Nobod is perfect in their dressing. And yes her clothes are fashionable but she has to learn what goes with what, not just put them all together. I think that is the problem when you have so much money to spend. You tend not to be as careful with what you. I think she just buys all the trends but doesnt look to see if it suits her.

I am always concerned that Beatrice goes with, well, "men" (and they are men) so much older than she is. I seem to remember that she was dating a guy quite a bit older when she was just 16 or so. (Maybe I would be a pretty strict parent!)

Bella said:
Great links, Avalon. Wish there were pictures! Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd guy described as Pss Beatrice's "first love"? Oh well . . . I guess you can't have too many of those.
Here are they, the pics of Bea and Dave Clark, 24, in St. Moritz :) On that left pic Bea looks so much like her mother. And Bella, same thought that I had about several first loves..:lol:

Bea in the snow - "aktuelle"

lady_windsor said:
As i've said many times before, i dont have anything against Beatrice. Nobod is perfect in their dressing. And yes her clothes are fashionable but she has to learn what goes with what, not just put them all together. I think that is the problem when you have so much money to spend. You tend not to be as careful with what you. I think she just buys all the trends but doesnt look to see if it suits her.

I did not mean to offend anyone, i was just trying to say that Princess Beatrice is a young woman. I do not think she does dress tremendously bad. Sometimes perhaps she is not particular careful in what does suit her figure and colouring, but she is experimenting. I am sure she will soon find a style she will develop into her own. Sorry for any offence :)

Beck, I don't think you need to apologise for expressing your opinion on this discussion board - that's what it's all about.

If it makes you feel better, I make no bones about the fact that, at present, I consider Beatrice's style unflattering and inelegant. I am yet to see her wear something I consider looks good on her. Perhaps that's harsh, but that's my opinion. Hopefully, this will change as she gets older and more experienced with what suits her and what doesn't. :)

Will St George's school, Ascot tell us anything about her graduation?

beatrice has fabulous hair

cowarth said:
Will St George's school, Ascot tell us anything about her graduation?

she will graduate this year?

She will graduate this year. There's really no telling hwat information will be released as Sarah tends to be open about these things but the schools do not speak about the princesses.

Remember that at British schools the students finish at different times - depending on when they do their last exam. Whether the school has a ceremony to farewell their final year students will be up to the school but the last event is usually the last A-Level exam and then they leave.

Remember we saw pictures of Harry packing his car the day after his last exam (and I seem to remember the same with William). Other students in their years would have finished on earlier days and others on later ones - unless their exam was the last one.

I have had a few colleagues teach at schools in England and that is how they have described the end - no ceremony or real acknowledgement at all at one school (in the last school assembly of the year the Head wished them luck in their exams and that was it), a final assembly on the last day of classes (about three weeks before the exams started - at which the final year students were clapped out of the school by the rest of the school) at another school, a formal dinner with parents on the evening of the last day of classes at a third and a day out at the beach for final year students, with a couple of their teachers at the fourth. These are the celebrations they experienced at the schools where they taught.

Note that all of these activities took place weeks before the students sat their exams and then they have to wait another couple of months to get the results.

Most A level exams are taken in May/June. The schools all finish within a day or two of each other in England, at the end of the school year. Some pupils do leave at the end of other terms, but these tend to be pupils who have elected not to take their exams and who are a certain age. Some schools insist that all pupils continue to attend, whether they have taken their exams or not, right up until the school closes for the summer holidays.

Some schools have leaving parties, but no graduation ceremony. :flowers:

Last edited:
I don't think her boyfriend seems very wholesome. There was a picture of him and his friends at Hugh Hefner's Playboy mansion in the Daily Mail a few weeks ago. They were all dressed as doctors and were partying with the Playboy bunnies who were draped all over them. I think he could be taking advantage of Beatrice who still seems quite young and innocent. If she was my daughter I would not want her around this man.

I'm sure the Queen would be delighted with this latest development. She must dread opening her newspapers where the Yorks are concerned.

angela said:
I don't think her boyfriend seems very wholesome. There was a picture of him and his friends at Hugh Hefner's Playboy mansion in the Daily Mail a few weeks ago. They were all dressed as doctors and were partying with the Playboy bunnies who were draped all over them. I think he could be taking advantage of Beatrice who still seems quite young and innocent. If she was my daughter I would not want her around this man.

I'm sure that her mother thinks it is an appropriate relationship for her young daughter, who won't know any better from the example she is being set!

Last edited:
My mom would have KILLED ME if I went out with a 24 year old man at 18.

cowarth said:
My mom would have KILLED ME if I went out with a 24 year old man at 18.
i know, i thought exactly the same thing. i guess Sarah's not the normal mother.

Well, no. She's Mother of the Year.:rolleyes: :bang:

There was 14 year gap between Prince Charles and Princess Diana. Princess Beatrice is legally an adult, if I'm not mistaken.

CATS said:
There was 14 year gap between Prince Charles and Princess Diana. Princess Beatrice is legally an adult, if I'm not mistaken.
And look how that turned out! :rolleyes:

Skydragon said:
And look how that turned out! :rolleyes:

But that was because the parties were totally incompatible, not chronological age difference.

Beatrice is 18 and her boyfriend is 24. Diana was seeing Charles when she was just 19 and Charles was about 31. I don't recall people squirming because of the C & D age difference, and IMO the much smaller age difference alone is not a reason to squirm about Beatrice and her friend.

Roslyn said:
Beatrice is 18 and her boyfriend is 24.
From what we have read about this young man, he hardly bears comparison to the much steadier Prince Charles at all, I would have thought. :flowers:

It is the age old problem of a lack of parental advice in the matter of who is suitable rather than any age difference. I'm sure we all know couples with a 6 - 8 year age diffence who get along beautifully. :flowers:

the age don't is important in a couple if they are happy togheter, beatrice is adult and sarah can't do very much if the girl is in love.

corazon said:
the age don't is important in a couple if they are happy togheter, beatrice is adult and sarah can't do very much if the girl is in love.

Isn't it the father who is supposed to chase off unsuitable admirers. :)

Or maybe, in this case, with a raise of the regal eyebrow, granny might do the honours...

The fact that Granny has to give her approval to any actual marriage, and she probably won't for quite a few years yet, means that Beatrice and Eugenie can choose unwisely knowing that in the end Granny will have to say yay or nay.

I don't think I have said that very well but I am not sure how to actually express my views here so I hope people will attempt to understand what I am trying to say.

I am certainly not trying to say that either of the girls, or William, Harry or any other royal, will be testing their wings in relationships they aren't happy in because they know Granny will say no but it must be a comfort, to a certain extent, that an older and wiser head will have a say in the end - although based on her decisions with regard to her children - maybe she isn't the best at making those sorts of decisions anyway.

Wasn't one of the girls involved with a rather shady character a couple of years ago -- I think it was Beatrice and she was 16 at the time and involved with young man who was 23 or 24. I remember this b/c this young man was in serious trouble in the States as he was on parole for the "involuntary manslaughter" of a fellow student when he was at Holy Cross (a college in Massachusetts) and was on parole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom