Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 5: August 2006-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Welcome to Princess Beatrice news and pictures 5: August 2006-

The previous thread, covering the period July-August 2006, can be found here.

I saw the video. I love her voice. Its wierd because ive never heard her voice before and i was always longing to hear it. She seems really nice and down to earth

I've never really taken any interest in Princess Beatrice but I've just looked through various threads about her and she is so lovely! I admire her for appearing so grounded regardless of all that is going on around her. The video was nice to see and her accent is quite different to how I imagined but I like it alot! I hope we can see her taking part in more activites in the future! :)

British royal HRH Princess Beatrice chose her childhood friend Nikolai von Bismarck to take this informal portrait to commemorate her18th birthday. She has asked that all profits from the syndication of the image to be donated to The Teenage Cancer Trust.

(photo from Camera Press by Nikolai von Bismarck via ISIFA)

Attachments

• is_12543203.jpg
    is_12543203.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 529
Thanks for posting this picture, Purple. I think it's a great shot and highlights Princess Beatrice's natural beauty. I like the whole 60s look to what she's wearing, too.

Thanks for sharing the picture Purple. To bad the coloring is off. She is a beautiful young lady.

I saw another picture from a magazine with different colouring. I thought that look better but i dont know whoch one is the original version

lady_windsor said:
I saw another picture from a magazine with different colouring. I thought that look better but i dont know whoch one is the original version

This article explains the diference between the pictures.
Apparently Nikolai altered some colours on Bea's face. Personally I like the pic with a bit more colour and a bit more natural more. This one is too unnatural, imo.
The article is from the Royalist and I don't generally trust it but I belive htis one is pretty accurate.

On the backcover of this month's 'Vorsten' (a really nice Dutch royalty magazine) there was this tremendous pic of Andrew, Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie at Beatrice's 18th birthday party! I thought it was nice to share with you all, so I scanned it! :flowers:

I think the dresses are really fab! I adore costumed parties like these!

What a wonderful portrait of Beatrice! I like the perspective a lot and Beatrice looks very beautiful. The best thing of course is the fact that all profits will be donated - that's a great gesture!

She is a very pretty young lady and looks the spitting image of her mother imo

Maxie said:
On the backcover of this month's 'Vorsten' (a really nice Dutch royalty magazine) there was this tremendous pic of Andrew, Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie at Beatrice's 18th birthday party! I thought it was nice to share with you all, so I scanned it! :flowers:
It just hit me of why Eugenie may not have been smiling in a lot of her early years pictures and why she doesn't seem to smile in many of them today (regardless of the braces). She seems to be always overshadowed by Beatrice's beauty and outgoing personality. Any other comments on this?:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Avalon said:
Personally I like the pic with a bit more colour and a bit more natural more. This one is too unnatural, imo.
Same here. I think it's a great photo of her but I think the one with more color looks much better.

She and Eugenie both looked wonderful at her birthday party.

Avalon said:
This article explains the diference between the pictures.
Apparently Nikolai altered some colours on Bea's face. Personally I like the pic with a bit more colour and a bit more natural more. This one is too unnatural, imo.
The article is from the Royalist and I don't generally trust it but I belive htis one is pretty accurate.
Thank you for the confirmation. I wonder if there are any more official pictures of Bea for her birthday. Usually there is more than just 1

purple_platinum said:
British royal HRH Princess Beatrice chose her childhood friend Nikolai von Bismarck to take this informal portrait to commemorate her18th birthday. She has asked that all profits from the syndication of the image to be donated to The Teenage Cancer Trust.

(photo from Camera Press by Nikolai von Bismarck via ISIFA)

Somehow for me it looks like the pic of a vampire about to bite: the colouring, the sharp tooth only partially concealed by the lips, the dark eyes with that intense look.... LOL! :lol:

HRH Kimetha said:
It just hit me of why Eugenie may not have been smiling in a lot of her early years pictures and why she doesn't seem to smile in many of them today (regardless of the braces). She seems to be always overshadowed by Beatrice's beauty and outgoing personality. Any other comments on this?:)

I don't think this is it. Pss. Eugenie is quite pretty, many ppl find her more attractive than Pss. Beatrice. If it's not the braces, maybe it's just her personality. I remember reading an article where Sarah said she had always instructed her daughters to smile for photographers, that it was their "duty" to appear upbeat and friendly, that ppl didn't want to see princesses with sour looks on their faces. Beatrice by all accounts is well aware of her responsibilities as a British royal and seems to rise to the occasion. I've never heard that of Eugenie. Maybe it's because she's the 2nd daughter (the "spare" in the York family) and doesn't feel as strongly about her duties as a princess. Or maybe she could just care less. I don't know. But Beatrice is by far the more appealing and approachable, IMO.

I remember reading an article on Sarah and she is talking about her daughter's and their personalities. I believe it was Majesty. She indicated that Beatrice had more of a show personality, and she like the protocol and the majesty (by that I mean the ceremonial aspects of their heritage) and Eugenie liked things to be more low key. This is not to say that she also didn't appreciate her heritage but I get the feeling if she was just an ordinary girl...she wouldn't miss the press, publicity and all that comes with it.

Jo of Palatine said:
Somehow for me it looks like the pic of a vampire about to bite: the colouring, the sharp tooth only partially concealed by the lips, the dark eyes with that intense look.... LOL! :lol:

HaHa! This is funny. A vampire, maybe. But a very pretty one.

Boarding

I finally found the answer to my question about Princess Beatrice's school.

Is Princess Beatrice a boarding student like Princess Eugenie or still a day girl at St George's School?

But according to well-placed sources, Beatrice, a weekly boarder at St George's School in Ascot, has been regularly texting Liuzzo ever since.

She is a weekly boarder.

I don't know that that is strictly true. That would normally be taken to mean a Monday-Friday boarder but with her parents' schedules it is more likely that she is in fact a seven-day boarder, if one who takes weekend breaks when she can.

Yes, but that is not being a "weekly boarder". That's just general information for students boarding in general- I didn't go to the link but am quite familiar with St George's Ascot as a school as well as with their site and as I recall that is under a question section (although I may be wrong).

I weekly boarder is someone who boards at school Monday-Friday and on certain weekends; as you looked up, at St George's Ascot these are called "closed weekends", as at many other schools.

What I believe Beatrice is is a full boarder. Her routine is formally to stay at the school seven days a week. However, she does go home at certain weekends for various reasons.

Terms like "weekly boarder" and "full boarder" are not St George's terms, they are general boarding school terms- I'm personally quite experienced with boarding schools and their policies, both here and in England. :)

The information about the terms above is correct, but as I said I can't say for certain Beatrice isn't a "weekly boarder"- just what that means, and that her parents just call it "boarding". (For those of you who got totally lost in all that :bang: ! I am meaning to say that the article calling her a "weekly boarder" may have misused that term, but I can't be sure.)

Boarding

What I believe Beatrice is is a full boarder. Her routine is formally to stay at the school seven days a week. However, she does go home at certain weekends for various reasons.
That makes since, her sister also is a boarding student.
In 2003, Princess Eugenie began her higher education at Marlborough College in Wiltshire where she chose to become a boarder.

Didn't kate middleton attend Marlborough college?

pollyemma said:
Didn't kate middleton attend Marlborough college?

Yes, but not for all her secondary schooling just the last couple of years.

Charlotte1 said:
Yes, but not for all her secondary schooling just the last couple of years.

Ok, thanks for answering my question!

do you why she only went the last couple of years?

I've heard her parents earned their fortune themselves, could they not afford Marlborough before?

School

pollyemma said:
Ok, thanks for answering my question!

do you why she only went the last couple of years?

I've heard her parents earned their fortune themselves, could they not afford Marlborough before?

She was teased at St Andrews school:sad:her preparatory school in Pangbourne, and bullied at Downe House girls' school:mad:in Berkshire. Her parents saw how unhappy she was at school, at 14 sent her to board at Marlborough College in Wiltshire.:)

Will's princess said:
She is a very pretty young lady and looks the spitting image of her mother imo

She looks more like her Dad I believe. Especially the eyes.

Exams?

:unsure:When do the AS-levels come out for Princess Beatrice?

Is it GCSE's in year 11
AS-levels in year 12
A-levels in year 13

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom