Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 17: June 2017-July 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, her family feeling is admirable.
But when oh when will the York girls realize their mother is a liability?

Mentioning how they adore her, how she inspires them, is just likely to put potential romantic partners off- not to consider financial prospects.
In short- it's not helping! Unless with people who admire blind loyalty- no matter what!

(I read somewhere that the general attitude towards Beatrice and Eugenie is:
Pity about the mother.)

I think they are keenly aware of their mother being a liability. I also think that Fergie is incredibly needy and that is the reason for all of the praise from the girls.

I believe that B and E are making the best of an impossible situation. It would be worse if they pulled back from her. I think they rein her in a bit and keep her from even more bad choices.

Beatrice would do well to marry a self-made type of guy, a bit older and very wealthy-- someone forceful and rich enough to handle Fergie and tamp down her press-hungry blabbermouth tendencies. I shudder to think of Fergie as a grandmother, exploiting those babies in Hello!.

Beatrice would do well to marry a self-made type of guy, a bit older and very wealthy-- someone forceful and rich enough to handle Fergie and tamp down her press-hungry blabbermouth tendencies. I shudder to think of Fergie as a grandmother, exploiting those babies in Hello!.

I mean... Girls often marry guys like their dad so it is a possibility. But how would Andrew take to having to share his girls with another powerful opinionated Alpha male who calls people out on their BS or Foolish choices. Be interesting to see.

:previous: B and E are not in an impossible situation. Challenging? Yes, they are in a challenging situation to which their Mom's character flaws contribute.

But over half the people I know have some sort of challenging in-law. I actually think my niece's husband finds me a pain in the nether regions, but that's just life. He still married my niece and good on him for that.

B and E are equally challenged by their father's sense of entitlement, the press' alternate loathing and use of them for clickbait, their grandparents aging, their lack of effective royal status while being saddled with all kinds of royal expectations, the same struggle to find a career/life focus that almost all the royal family have grappled with at one time or another and finally, by their own lack of perfection.

Although, why we expect young royals to be perfect is beyond me. JMO, but no one grows up fully effective, dedicated and strong. Growing up is all about BECOMING fully effective, dedicated and strong. There is always subtext beyond the smiling photos of royal families.

And finally, I think they are both doing well these days. They are employed, charitable, working through personal issues and relationships, coping, surviving and thriving as far as I can see.

I do think William and Harry should downplay the Diana worship, partly because it is damaging for their father, who will be the next monarch.

Totally agree. :cool:

I have said before and I will say it again: B&E are the only adult princesses of their generation and instead of them being raised to be 21 century royal ladies who are expected to Find a career and be fulfilled outside of marrying well and being a society deb They(mostly Beatrice now) are playing the Roles a society woman of Camilla's or Diana's Generation: Some boarding school education, University education that doesn't really amount to much and Hobby jobs.

They are neither fish nor fowl and thus up in air and up for grabs.

I think they are keenly aware of their mother being a liability. I also think that Fergie is incredibly needy and that is the reason for all of the praise from the girls.

I believe that B and E are making the best of an impossible situation. It would be worse if they pulled back from her. I think they rein her in a bit and keep her from even more bad choices.

Extremely well said!:flowers:

I have said before and I will say it again: B&E are the only adult princesses of their generation and instead of them being raised to be 21 century royal ladies who are expected to Find a career and be fulfilled outside of marrying well and being a society deb They(mostly Beatrice now) are playing the Roles a society woman of Camilla's or Diana's Generation: Some boarding school education, University education that doesn't really amount to much and Hobby jobs.

I would hardly call working as a director of an art gallery as a hobby job (Eugenie). Both girls actually have quite good university educations, to say the degrees amount to nothing is insulting to those with similar degrees. They are what you make of them.

I actually would love if the daily fail or another publishing could stop criticizing Beatrice for holidays and actually interview her (like Eugenie had an article) about her work. Let her clarify what she is doing, not just with her business, but her charity work. She has been working very closely with Holly and Sam Branson and is considered a co-founder of their charity. A lot of the marathons and other physical events she does (always written off as holiday) are actually fundraisers for the charity.

I think the royal family really does them a disservice not giving any attention at all to their charity work. Its not like they would have to pay the girls for the work. But it wouldn't hurt the image of the royal family, perhaps help, to show two more active members (and help to eliminate some of the horrid bias towards the York girls as freeloaders). Why not take some credit for two girls who aren't working royals who yet have taken on close to a dozen patronages each and show real commitment to both.

One day when all the older royals are retired, and the Cambridge kids are still in school and not ready to be full time royal, they may need the Yorks to step up a bit. Better not to just shove them out totally now.

That is how it seems to me, too.
Eugenie may be named director in the art gallery, but the job came from a friend, and she seems to get as much time off as she likes.

As for Beatrice, I have yet to read what it is, exactly, that she does.

Perhaps I am being unfair, but I can't help wondering if these are name only jobs, given so the owners get to have a royal name on the letterhead, and the girls can claim they are gainfully employed.

Eugenie has worked in two art galleries in various roles since leaving university.

The first one was the job she got due to friends of the family but the second she got on merit.

She is often seen overseas but ... in the art world there are things called auctions and sales held in different cities and countries and she is often seen visiting a city where such an event is also taking place.

The DM and the girl's detractors label her visit to these places as 'holidays' rather than using their brains and realising that someone who works in an art auction house/gallery would attend art auctions and/or sales in countries other than their own. As a result Eugenie often goes to these art events and then is seen going out for dinner at an expensive restaurant (strange - she is a wealthy woman and needs to eat) so that means she is on holiday when she is actually in the city for work reasons.

Logic can go a long way in explaining why Eugenie is seen where she is when she is.

She has a degree in History of Art and English Literature so works in the field associated with her degree.

Beatrice is the strange one as her degree is in History and History of Ideas but she has tried to work in the unrelated field of business.

Eugenie is earning her way and seems to have a real interest in her work and is making a career and not just a job and Beatrice doesn't seem interested a working life and IMO would rather work on her charities and use her status to help when and where she can like an old school society or royal lady might. If she had lived sixty years ago no would have blinked an eye but expectations are very different now.

:previous:
Yes, but that contradicts what Andrew has said in the past.

At one time he told the press that he could see no reason why his daughters should not be working royals, since that would take some of the burden from him.

So it seems he has changed his tune. Or maybe not.

As you say, we really don't know what Charles thinks about it.
I was curious as to what Andrew has said in the past. Is there a credible link?

As to the 21st Century expectations of the York Girls and Beatrice missing the mark, it just seems to me that Eugenie who studied, worked and gained employment in her chosen career and Beatrice who I have little idea of what she does, but is nevertheless employed but not in her chosen study field, both have had their work dismissed as hobbies.

Why should they bother to work if people dismiss their jobs as "Hobbies". How demeaning and insulting. On the one hand, people demand that they have a not just a job but a Career with a capital 'C', on the other hand, they are both dismissed as mere dilettantes!

See now, if this young woman was hankering after a job as a full-time British Royal, she wouldn't go out like this ... or let people break plates on her head in Greece.

I don't think she wants a full-time Royal job. I think her mother wants it for her, and her father to a lesser extent. Andrew wants her to be happy, and Fergie wants to ride her like a surfboard to ever-more opulent yacht parties and New York dollars.

I think it is more that she has accepted that she isn't wanted by the BRF as a working member of the firm and so has decided to live her life her way and stuff them. She reportedly asked to do more in 2012 and again in 2014 but both times Charles and William told her she wasn't wanted and now she simply doesn't care about them and their needs or wants in the future.

William will only have himself and Harry and his spouse in his generation and so the slimming of the BRF will happen simply by not having the cousins work at all. Too bad if their is an only child.

She isn't living some scandalous life. Her socializing is nothing different then her adult cousins have done, even those who are working royals. Actually quite tame compared to someone like Harry in the past. And yet no one thinks they are shaming the family and out casts in the eyes of the queen.

She is wearing a cute denim dress. She is out in public but not on any duty. She isn't representing the queen. She is walking down the street, possibly to work. The only one who has reason to complain are who she works with.

The only reason she is 'shaming' the queen is because royal fans are following the Daily mail. Reading about parties and holidays, and ignoring her charity work and other involvement. Every single trip is turned into some holiday or wild party story if she gets any attention. She was in Toronto for WE but all she gets is bad press for mentioning her grandmother.

Honestly even if she was a working royal her life wouldn't change. She would be doing the same patronages she does now. She would just have her travel paid for her. May be a day when William and Harry are alone but for their wives, when everyone else is retired, and those patronages she does will be appreciated more.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
Not sure what you will consider credible but I did find several links.:flowers:

Here's one example:

How do you solve a problem like Princess Beatrice? - Telegraph
That article is from 2014 so its relevance is dated. The article did not stay with the truth either when it mentioned that the Yorks may have regretted not following Princess Anne's choice of having her children untitled. Utter rubbish.

Princess Anne could not hand down her title to her children. It goes down the patrilineal line. Therefore neither Peter nor Zara are HRH Prince or Princess the same way that Princess Charlotte's children will not be unless of course, she marries a prince!

That article is from 2014 so its relevance is dated. The article did not stay with the truth either when it mentioned that the Yorks may have regretted not following Princess Anne's choice of having her children untitled. Utter rubbish.

Princess Anne could not hand down her title to her children. It goes down the patrilineal line. Therefore neither Peter nor Zara are HRH Prince or Princess the same way that Princess Charlotte's children will not be unless of course, she marries a prince!

Yes Anne's kids would never be HRH, but they could have had titles. It is said that Mark was offered a title when they married, as Anthony had been when he married Margaret. But Mark and Anne decided against it, wishing to raise their kids with a normal up bringing with no titles. If they had, Peter would be Viscount X and Zara would he Lady Zara. That was what the author was referring to, not some mistaken notion that they could have been HRH.

I saw it as a choice that Anne made and because even as an HRH Princess in her own right for her children to be titled her commoner husband would have to have had a title created for him that would go down the patrilineal line. That has absolutely nothing to do with the York's where Andrew's daughters automatically inherited the HRH Princess title from their father on their birth. Needless to say, that's where it ends unless their husbands are titled.

Beatrice attended the La Ligne x Cuyana collaboration celebration hosted by Ashe x Leandro in New York City yesterday, October 18:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** rex gallery **

At some point, Royals have to make the decision NOT to pose against these promo backdrops.

Last edited:
Don't British royals who use the HRH designation just sign their first given name? It seems very unusual for Beatrice to actually write out "princess".

Princess Beatrice attended the 'Be Cool, Be nice' book launch at House of Lords in London yesterday, November 13:

** gettyimages gallery **

Don't British royals who use the HRH designation just sign their first given name? It seems very unusual for Beatrice to actually write out "princess".

She does as well.

If you look at the actual letter she wrote, she signed Beatrice.

The Princess Beatrice is not her signature. Her lips are appearing on the cover of the publishing. Her full name is put under the lips to identify her. If it simply said Beatrice, no one would know whose lips those were. While it is her writing, its not meant as her signature. Its simply identifying who she is.

Princess Beatrice attended the 'Be Cool, Be nice' book launch at House of Lords in London yesterday, November 13:

** gettyimages gallery **

Fantastic seeing Bea being involved in such a campaign. It was started by a number of people in the fashion industry like Lenny Kravitz. Both her work in fashion, and her interest in bullying, including having faced some of her own, seems a good match. I hope to see Bea continuing involved.

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/gallery/be-cool-be-nice-anti-bullying

Again I wish the BRF would do something to showcase her work. She has at least 10 patronages. Even if she isn't an official working royal, the charities she helps support could benefit from it.

Last edited:
It isn't up to the BRF to showcase the work of non-working royals as they only way they do showcase work is to identify the official work the royals do.

As Beatrice's work is unofficial they don't acknowledge it ... just as they don't acknowledge any unofficial work carried out be senior royals as well.

Beatrice is not wanted or needed on the working royal roster and so they are also making that very clear as well by not giving her any acknowledgement on the British Monarchy website.

Actually, with Beatrice's work not being recognized by the "Firm" or counted in the court circular, I think it adds more heart to Beatrice herself. She's not working at these charitable endeavors because she's supposed to as a working royal but she's doing it because she wants to and believes in the causes she is supporting.

The fact that she's doing it of her own volition, to me, means far more than being "recognized" for her good works by the "Firm".

Princess Beatrice attended the 'Be Cool, Be nice' book launch at House of Lords in London

Poor Beatrice; not wanted by the 'firm', not wanted by the media, not wanted by the public, not wanted by Smiley Dave ... she knows all about bullying. I feel for the girl. At least her family love is strong.

Poor Beatrice; not wanted by the 'firm', not wanted by the media, not wanted by the public, not wanted by Smiley Dave ... she knows all about bullying. I feel for the girl. At least her family love is strong.

She's better off without Dave; I think he was such a user.

But I do think perhaps Charles should reconsider allowing Beatrice to do official patronages.
Many of his relatives are elderly and not in the best health. They are bound to be slowing down at some point, so Beatrice might be quite useful.
Also, she seems to be interested so why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom