Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015-June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Andrew and Sarah never learn from their mistakes. Don't be surprised if for Beatrice's 30th birthday they throw a Gone With The Wind themed party. Where Beatrice gets to dress up as Scarlett O'Hara and Dave can dress up as Rhett Butler. Then Andrew will dole out a large paycheck to local African actors to play slaves for the theme. Heck, they might even set the Royal Lodge on fire to complete the atmosphere.

Then the next day Andrew and Sarah will be shocked and appalled that the media is calling Beatrice a colonial racist.

Once again, in that situation. they would be professional actors. Many, many black actors have played roles as slaves in TV shows and movies and on stage and they would be well paid. They also have the option to refuse the gig too.

In plays/movies/television there is a deliberate "fourth wall" that separates the actor from the viewer during story telling.

That's a big difference from a birthday party. Where the "viewer" is a guest schmoozing around while a historically oppressed/abused/belittled group of people act as party gimmicks or decorative props. This is interactive. This is objectifying. Maybe the guest could get a selfie with a dwarf! Or ask them if they've ever been involved in Australian midget tossing! This party is a blast!

That was a case of insensitivity and bad P.R. acumen. Andrew and Sarah hung Eugenie with a proverbially rope. I'm sure they'll do the same to Beatrice in the near future. They can't help themselves.

In plays/movies/television there is a deliberate "fourth wall" that separates the actor from the viewer during story telling.

That's a big difference from a birthday party. Where the "viewer" is a guest schmoozing around while a historically oppressed/abused/belittled group of people act as party gimmicks or decorative props. This is interactive. This is objectifying. Maybe the guest could get a selfie with a dwarf! Or ask them if they've ever been involved in Australian midget tossing! This party is a blast!

That was a case of insensitivity and bad P.R. acumen. Andrew and Sarah hung Eugenie with a proverbially rope. I'm sure they'll do the same to Beatrice in the near future. They can't help themselves.

Excellent post agree it's not the same as a movie

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I don't believe that there was anything wrong or horrible about hiring professional little people to play parts at a themed birthday party. If anything, it was the little people themselves benefiting from gaining, most probably, a very generous paycheck for their time. If, for any reason, they had felt insulted or demeaned being asked to play dwarves, they could very well have refused.

Neither do I. I take the view that these are professional entertainers who are on the job market offering their services and they want the work, and giving them the work is just fine.

But like so much in our world, it's not as simple as that: 'It's time dwarfs stopped demeaning themselves in public' - Telegraph

But they are still adults, offering their services, and I can't criticise the people who hire them merely for hiring them. If they treat them badly while discharging their contract, that's a totally different matter, but we have no reason to think that was the case, so I'm going to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Well, we know somethings. They weren't hired to sing a septet of Disney showtunes. The weren't hired to man the bar and mix drinks for party goers. According to the media write-up, their job was to follow Eugenie around all evening, be the dutiful dwarves who bask in the glow of the fairest Princess Snow White/Eugenie. Less about entertainment and displaying talent, much more about being a prop. I think that says enough.

Back to Beatrice, I really hope she getting a new perception on the world now that she spending a chunk of time in NYC. I like to think of it as a deprogramming exercise for her.

Last edited:
She is almost certainly spending her time with socialite friends lunching shopping and partying much of the time when she is not at her Job. So. Doing the same things she does back home. Hardly being deprogrammed.

She is almost certainly spending her time with socialite friends lunching shopping and partying much of the time when she is not at her Job. So. Doing the same things she does back home. Hardly being deprogrammed.

So basically she's doing what I and most of my friends do when we're not working.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous: Me and mine too... but it seems that Beatrice parentage makes all the difference and justifies the continual snipe attacks on her for no other reason than her parents still draw breath, never mind that Beatrice is doing exactly what we would do, albeit with a larger budget!

Last edited:
:previous: Yes, she does what a lot of "average" people do when they are not working - but she is reproached for it because she is a princess and because of her parents.

Last edited:

When I say deprogramming I don't mean from her hobbies or socialite status. I don't think either are horrible things.

I meant that her parents and the media have warped her outlook and now she gets a clean slate.

In almost every interview, Sarah practically describes Beatrice as a deity. I only need to Google for 5 seconds to find an example, here's one, "Beatrice for sure, she's born a princess, she's very responsible and she's got a sense of duty. She is definitely someone to be watched in the future, because if she's not royal then I don't know who is. It's in her blood."

It was about 12 years ago when I first heard Sarah speak about Beatrice in such an over the top manner. I forgot her exact words but I remember thinking 'Good grief, woman. You're going to make your young daughter into either a narcissistic egomaniac , or a nervous wreck riddled with anxiety and a fear of failure.'
Fast forward 12 years and she still puts Beatrice on an impossible pedestal. Thankfully, I've never heard her speak about Eugenie in such a manner. Lucky, Eugenie!

Beatrice has her mother projecting delusions of grandeur onto her. And she has the media telling her she's a worthless, vapid, waste of space. Both sides of the dichotomy are ridiculous and incorrect, and they're both likely messing with her psychology. That's why I said she needs to be deprogrammed in the US. She has an opportunity to learn who she really is, a normal person with flaws and great attributes in equal measure.

From all accounts I've heard Beatrice is a charming, grounded and smart young woman so I'd bet on that she knows exactly who she is. That said I'm sure being out of the media spotlight must be a relief for her.

From all accounts I've heard Beatrice is a charming, grounded and smart young woman so I'd bet on that she knows exactly who she is. That said I'm sure being out of the media spotlight must be a relief for her.

I don't know. Beatrice has had a few infamous diva moments.

She had the incident at the Cuckoo Club. Where she was refused entry because she wasn't on the private party of Jean Charles de Castelbajac guestlist. And she retorted “Don’t you know who I am? Do you know I’m royalty?”.

Then there was that time she gave the cold shoulder to Thailand's Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana at a fashion show when she tried to greet Beatrice.

Then there was reportedly an incident at a fashion show where she refused to let Pippa Middleton sit next to her and put her purse on the chair, even though the event organizers assigned Pippa the seat. Pippa eventually sat somewhere else to avoid an embarrassing scene.

I do think her mind has been warped by bad influences, her parents and the media. I think it would do her some good to experience a clean slate in a different country.

Last edited:
I don't know. Beatrice has had a few infamous diva moments.

She had the incident at the Cuckoo Club. Where she was refused entry because she wasn't on the private party of Jean Charles de Castelbajac guestlist. And she retorted “Don’t you know who I am? Do you know I’m royalty?”.

Then there was that time she gave the cold shoulder to Thailand's Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana at a fashion show when she tried to greet Beatrice.

Then there was reportedly an incident at a fashion show where she refused to let Pippa Middleton sit next to her and put her purse on the chair, even though the event organizers assigned Pippa the seat. Pippa eventually sat somewhere else to avoid an embarrassing scene.

I do think her mind has been warped by bad influences, her parents and the media. I think it would do her some good to experience a clean slate in a different country.

All events "reported" but not verified. Troll fodder. No offense, but you can't believe it because it is on the internet.

All events "reported" but not verified. Troll fodder. No offense, but you can't believe it because it is on the internet.

All accounts came from newspapers. That at least gives some credence to the stories, whether or not they are exaggerated, fabricated or 100% true . I would hardly believe "troll fodder" from random dark corners of the internet.

Thanks for being concerned for my naïveté, though.

Last edited:
Maybe they'll get engaged there. I'm angling for at least one of my 2016 predictions to come true.

Hope not...just don't see much of a relationship between these two at all. Something seems unrealistic about their "relationship." In many pix, he seems to be looking straight at the camera, while she at him. And if Bea is caught off guard any other kind of pix, she always has a blank, staring, non-annimated look on her face - she never smiles unless she is posing...

Last edited by a moderator:
They have been together a long time. Is he in New York too? After so long an engagement would be expected. There comes a time in every relationship when you have to work out to either make the next step or stop so you can find someone else. He always looks happy mind you they are usually on vacations and most would be happen then too. If Bea marries what he be known as? he doesn't automatically get a title does he? Eugenie has been in a longterm relationship maybe they will both get engaged?

In February, Eugenie and Jack will celebrate their 6th anniversary. That's pretty long-term. People, myself included, just assume that Beatrice will get engaged first. It's like when Peter and Zara were both in long-term relationships, everybody predicted that Peter would get engaged first because he's the older sibling. Sure enough, that's what happened.

There's nothing to suggest that Dave would get a title. As of now, The Duke of York's titles are still going to be merged with The Crown upon his death.

Last edited:
Hope not...just don't see much of a relationship between these two at all. Something seems unrealistic about their "relationship." In many pix, he seems to be looking straight at the camera, while she at him. And if Bea is caught off guard any other kind of pix, she always has a blank, staring, non-annimated look on her face - she never smiles unless she is posing...

So you are saying that she has a normal look on her face as she is walking on the street? And that the paps on the street startle her? And that's she's only comfortable when she can pose? Any problem with any of that? Because that's a fairly usual approach to the press.

It's always best to watch video footage and get and impression from that, rather than a single photo of someone, which represents less than a second's worth of facial expressions.

Photographers take dozens of snaps over the course of a a few seconds and will choose the best one (or indeed the worst one depending on their agenda) for publication.

So you are saying that she has a normal look on her face as she is walking on the street? And that the paps on the street startle her? And that's she's only comfortable when she can pose? Any problem with any of that? Because that's a fairly usual approach to the press.

To answer your questions: (1) IDK (2) IDK (3) yes (4) no - just making an observation and no, it is NOT a fairly usual approach to the press.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm always hoping that Beatrice and Dave would make things official. They just might surprise us.

well this is a good example how the press gets the caught off guard look/startled, they get right in her face, especially towards the end of the video : LONDON - MARCH 13: Princess Beatrice Is Chased By Paparazzi In Regents Street On March 13, 2014 In London Stock Footage Video 5859731 - Shutterstock

and for all we know they may be the type of couple that never marries seeing as we live in different times where people don't necessarily have to be married to be together, but i always assumed bea would get married.

Last edited:
:previous:
I just watched this video and the first thought that came to my mind and not sure about how to phrase this question here, "Isn't this stalking and against the law"? How would anybody react to this type of horror all the time? Just because she is a princess and that is not her fault, why does she always have to be chased/watched/spied upon/harassed in her life? Darn, wouldn't this make anyone of us crazy to have this happen all the time. She can't walk down a street, across a street, enter a shop, buy a newspaper or drink a cup of coffee/tea without a camera in her face, my reaction to that type of abuse would land some camera in jail.:bang:

I don't see it either.
His attention never seems to be focused on Beatrice, it's as if she's an accessory for him.

I think if he truly intended to marry her, he'd have proposed by now.

A lot of couples these days only get married when they want to have a baby so my guess is she's not ready for that yet.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I don't see it either.
His attention never seems to be focused on Beatrice, it's as if she's an accessory for him.

I think if he truly intended to marry her, he'd have proposed by now.

For all we know, Dave asks her to marry him every day, lovingly declaring he adores her and wants her to be his wife, but she keeps saying no. Actually I hope he doesn't say it every day, because that would get tiresome. :p

I think there's a good chance that they are putting it off until they decide it's time to have a baby, as royal rob suggested.

We can speculate over this relationship until the United States drinks Canada Dry (Canada Dry is a soft drink company) but what is going on in Bea and Dave's relationship is purely no man's land for the general public.

Whatever it is that they have and for whatever reason, the relationship has stood the test of time. Perhaps they're not in each other's back pocket all the time in public or making cow eyes at each other in photos but its my opinion that a strong, steady relationship that becomes comfortable where you're just allowed to be yourself with another person is the best kind to have. The lust glitter cools down but its the actual love for each other that endures. I'll take a best friend as a life mate over wine, candlelight and roses every night in a heartbeat.

That's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom