Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 15: January 2014-July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You did well, Tiggersk8. I like Princess Beatrice.

I have had such a tough time reading some of the posts in here over the last few weeks, knowing what was really going on and not being able to say a thing.

Finally it's out and I can stop biting my tongue. My Nephew in Law is an Exec at Sony Canada and when the entire mess happened, I asked if this affected Josh in any way. My Sister's reply was along the lines of not Josh, as he's no one famous or that important in the grand scheme of the Company for the hackers to go after at Sony, but guess who it did affect big time!! The look on her face when I instantly named Beatrice was priceless. :D
Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Wow, it must have been hard for you not to say anything. Good job! I wonder if this is how the royals feel...seeing the headlines in newspapers while knowing the whole way through that the headlines aren't true.

:previous: That would be one of the hardest things about being royal, I'd think. You'd never know what story would appear in the papers regardless of whether or not it's true. Plus, the Palace replies to stories only when they're extremely serious (for example, with the recent case with Prince Andrew), and even then denials aren't necessarily believed.

Finally it's out and I can stop biting my tongue. My Nephew in Law is an Exec at Sony Canada and when the entire mess happened, I asked if this affected Josh in any way. My Sister's reply was along the lines of not Josh, as he's no one famous or that important in the grand scheme of the Company for the hackers to go after at Sony, but guess who it did affect big time!! The look on her face when I instantly named Beatrice was priceless. :D
I'm confused - you have a nephew-in-law who works for Sony Canada in some unnamed position. You had a conversation with said Canadian Sony Employee's mother-in-law and based on the look on her face you concluded what?
BTW, your nephew in law is just as likely as Beatrice to find himself the victim of ID theft down the road.
Just because the hack happened is not a reason to quit a job, I assume your nephew in law isn't quitting even though his info. has been stolen. You can't undo the damage which has been done - you can only take normal ID protection steps after the info. has been stolen.
The only new information that made the papers about Beatrice was her salary, and every government employee and retiree (federal, state and local) here in the USA has their salary posted on the web by organizations that track these things. Personally I think it's a ridiculous invasion of privacy, but not a reason to quit a job.
Beatrice has developed a pattern, work at an internship for awhile and then take a couple of months holiday while she considers her next move. Unlike many who need a paycheck to pay the bills, and thus don't leave one job until they have the next one lined up, she can afford to be unemployed for weeks at a time. It'll be interesting to see what she dabbles in job wise next.

All that anyone found out was how much she was earning a year hardly earth shattering news and certainly not a reason to quit your job. We don't know when Beatrice quit it was before christmas cause she started her several weeks of holidays then. She does have a pattern whether people want to admit it or not she hasn't lasted 12 months in any job and when she leaves she tends to take a couple of months off and goes on vacation and this is after taking several holidays while working. I agree if Beatrice wants to be taken seriously she needs to cut down the vacations and have a job longer then a year. I will be surprised if she goes into finance again she didn't like it when she did her first job and she hasn't done any real training for that sort of career she quit after 6 months. I expect she will show up at some other internship last awhile then quit again Beatrice really seems to be playing career girl by now she should know what she wants to do. Notice we don't read this stuff about Eugenie? Because she has stuck at her career and isn't seen vacationing every couple of months.

Actually I can see where being a Princess of the UK would be a negative point to employers looking to hire her. Alongside with knowing the publicity that Beatrice's movements may cause, most places that interview for positions are looking for someone that will stay with the job. The fact that Beatrice is a princess may lead them to believe that she might not be one that would stick with the position as a career for 20+ some years with the company. Although it may not be totally true, but an employer may also see her as someone that will have responsibilities to her family.

Perhaps this is why she has had a rash of internships. Eventually she is going to want to settle down and start a family of her own (whether with Dave or someone else). Right now she's got the best of all worlds with being able to work in internships, enjoy a social life and work with charities that she believes in. No matter what happens, her future looks bright.

All that anyone found out was how much she was earning a year hardly earth shattering news and certainly not a reason to quit your job. We don't know when Beatrice quit it was before christmas cause she started her several weeks of holidays then. She does have a pattern whether people want to admit it or not she hasn't lasted 12 months in any job and when she leaves she tends to take a couple of months off and goes on vacation and this is after taking several holidays while working. I agree if Beatrice wants to be taken seriously she needs to cut down the vacations and have a job longer then a year. I will be surprised if she goes into finance again she didn't like it when she did her first job and she hasn't done any real training for that sort of career she quit after 6 months. I expect she will show up at some other internship last awhile then quit again Beatrice really seems to be playing career girl by now she should know what she wants to do. Notice we don't read this stuff about Eugenie? Because she has stuck at her career and isn't seen vacationing every couple of months.

Eugenie is in a different career-field. So shouldn't compare the two. Beatrice seems to be doing "internships" which don't normally last more than a year, especially in business. Plus, many folks her age who are college educated do much of the same considering they usual move home after college because of student loans, etc. which does give them the opportunity to take jobs and internships for the opportunity and experience as opposed to for monetary reasons.

Who is to say she doesn't know what she wants to do? I've had three jobs over the past 24 months. I know exactly what I want to do, and working at each of those three jobs in a 24-month span is the path for me to get there. I've gotten different pieces of knowledge and experience at each that will help me for what I ultimately want. It's my five year plan.

It seems there is a lot to the Beatrice story that we don't know. Didn't most folks assume she wasn't working at Sony anymore prior to the Sony leak? Some folks on these forums definitely did, I recall. This to say that the Palace doesn't tell us much, and in fact, we don't know much about what Beatrice is up to. We see her on holiday a bit but for most of the year, we don't see much of her. Probably because she's working hard forging a career.

What is with this obsession people have with Beatrice's job? I remember this was done to Catherine.

I don't really understand it either, Dman. I was 27 before I had my first permanent job, which ended when the company closed the branch in which I worked. I'd had summer jobs during university and other temporary work until I got that first steady position. Mind you, I was an unknown person who didn't have media following me when I wasn't working.;)

On February 7 Beatrice attended the Pre-BAFTA VIP Brunch at Chiltern Firehouse in London:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Yes, it does. I hope that if Beatrice does have a new job offer that she accepts it very soon.

Personally, I think that if Beatrice and Eugenie, as private citizens, can afford not to work and they're not part and parcel of the working British royal family Firm, they should do whatever they want to do. Its a big world out there and they've got the youth and the means to do whatever they want.

Both of the girls do seem have their own charitable interests, have steady romantic interests with possibly marriage and family in the future and have been known to try working in various fields, I would be hard pressed to call either of these young ladies "party princesses". They seem pretty well balanced to me.

It's an old article:Prince Andrew STILL insists on helicopters and guards for Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie | Daily Mail Online
I can't answer for its truthfulness, but let's say it wouldn't surprise me.

As for Beatrice's work ethic, she does seem to be 'off' more than she's 'on.'
I don't think many her age could take off that much time and still be in demand.
Princess Beatrice is on holiday again | Daily Mail Online

This. Looks bad.
At least that ski chalet is getting good use already.
Yes your helicopter and guards article is three and a half years old . . . positively ancient in tabloid terms, and if you have utmost faith in a tabloid reporter's view, then and now, more fool you.

As to the second article about Beatrice being on holiday again, anyone with half a brain knows what to do with a rag that refers to Princess Beatrice a "Benefit Scrounger"!

The only thing that it looking bad is the credulity of the reader
What is with this obsession people have with Beatrice's job? I remember this was done to Catherine.
I think they gave up after the wedding and changed it to royal engagements and then got cut off at the pass by a royal pregnancy. So she's safe for now. So it looks like Beatrice's only out is a wedding and a pregnancy or maybe just a pregnancy . . . :D

Princess Beatrice is on holiday again | Daily Mail Online
This looks bad. At least that ski chalet is getting good use already.

Might not be as bad as it looks. :flowers: People do have 3 and 4 day weekends. But even with just a 2 day weekend these holiday places are not that far away from the UK. A short hop on a Friday night and they can be there in a morning and still have 2 solid days of snow play. Just saying.

It's an old article:Prince Andrew STILL insists on helicopters and guards for Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie | Daily Mail Online
I can't answer for its truthfulness, but let's say it wouldn't surprise me.

As for Beatrice's work ethic, she does seem to be 'off' more than she's 'on.'
I don't think many her age could take off that much time and still be in demand.

Well, fathers want the best for their children, especially their beloved daughters. :flowers: I can understand it.

Bottom line about 'taking time off', these girls are from a wealthy family, and the 'rules of work' do not apply. Just don't. They have the luxury of being able to pick and choose. That we all had such.

They also have royal connections which makes them tabloid fodder and (as is being proven here) the topic of space-filler articles, usually trying to foment some element of animus, discontent, whatever. JMO.

I guess you can intuit my bias (I don't have a dog in this fight) but I do see your points and think you should be able to voice them and be respectfully heard. :flowers:

B and E should move out of St James Palace, drop their titles and privately fund any security they feel they need. Then no one could say anything about their idle lifestyle.

B and E should move out of St James Palace, drop their titles and privately fund any security they feel they need. Then no one could say anything about their idle lifestyle.

If I'm not mistaken, Andrew pays out of his own private funds the rent at St. James Palace along with footing the bill for their security. No part of Beatrice's or Eugenie's lifestyle is provided by taxpayer's monies whatsoever.

There is no reason for the girls to drop their titles. It is theirs by the circumstances of their birth as princesses of the blood royal.

To be honest, I couldn't care less whether the York girls actually work or not. What I find annoying is the praise they get for working, when imo Beatrice at least does nothing of the sort. But she is praised while Kate is criticized (and yes, I do think much of the difference comes down to class snobbery).

Beatrice is a private citizen. Kate is not. Kate is expected to work for the RF. Beatrice does charity work but mostly it is not listed in the CC.

Kate live in a 20000 square foot townhome. Beatrice lives in an apartment.

It is not about class snobbery. It is about the Cambridges receiving the very large KP townhome with private garden and in exchange royal engagements are expected in lieu of rent.

Also KP was remodeled and decorated using a considerable amount of money.

One is 33, the other is 26.

Last edited:
?..

It is not about class snobbery. It is about the Cambridges receiving the very large KP townhome with private garden and in exchange royal engagements are expected in lieu of rent.

I don't quite understand why every time comments are made about Beatrice someone compares her to the Cambridges - to me it's apples and oranges. But if we must compare I think it's important that all facts are mentioned including the fact that Beatrice's 4 bedroom SJ Palace apartment was renovated for her (and Eugenie's) use in 2008 at a cost of 250,000 pounds, which included a new kitchen and new wood floors in the 2 reception rooms - paid for in the same way as the renovation to the Cambridge's KP apartment.
Prince Andrew started paying 30,000 pounds per annum in rent for the SJ apartment, allegedly about a quarter of market value, a couple of years after Beatrice moved in.

All of the information about the size and cost of renovation for both the Yorks and Cambridges is hearsay. No figures have ever been published. So competing arguments seem to have no foundation.

REnovation of the residential aspects of KP and the whole of St James Palace are HMQ's responsibility regardless of who is living in it.

Taking on board what the Select Committee said re maintenance, it would appear that the Royal Household has undertaken it in the past on a "needs must" basis. This means that when someone needs somewhere to live or work in the Palaces, then that is when the work is done. So it's about needing the works to be done.

Beatrice is a private citizen. Kate is not. Kate is expected to work for the RF. Beatrice does charity work but mostly it is not listed in the CC.

Catherine didn't receive apartment 1a, William did. If the Cambridges were to divorce tomorrow Catherine would probably be packed off to Anmer Hall(a private residence). In the BRF she only exists as an extension of William. Same with Camilla and Charles.BTW, all remodeling costs and decoration fees were paid for privately. The government only paid for the structural repairs and the safety updates. The government would have paid the same for Beatrice and Eugenie's apartments.

I think Mirabel was comparing pre-2011 Catherine to Beatrice. And she's right class snobbery was a huge issue. Women who want to be housewives aren't attacked if they're from the upper echelons of society. If Beatrice were to marry Dave and become a society wife, nobody would blink. If Pippa were to marry Nico and become a society wife, she would receive a lot of flak from the media.

In regards to this ski vacation, I saw someone on Twitter saying that Beatrice was taking the "piste" out of the media. Made me laugh.

Its important to remember that the apartment Beatrice moved into has been occupied by someone else before her and work on it was said to have been long overdue. In addition any extras Beatrice herself wanted were paid for by the Queen or her father so the taxpayers only paid for the same finish they would if it was going to be used by someone else.
Palace officials spent £250,000 renovating Princess Beatrice apartment - Telegraph
At the end of the day renovating a hundreds year old palace is going to cost more than a normal apartment and I'd rather the money was spent than not spent at the Palace fell into disrepair, look now at how a lack of spending and investment across the Royal estate has led to a number of royal properties being listed as 'at risk'. Either allow money to be invested in upkeep or let these historical palaces fall into disrepair.

. The government only paid for the structural repairs and the safety updates. The government would have paid the same for Beatrice and Eugenie's apartments.

the Government didnt pay for any of it directly. This is an important point. theQueen receives annual funding. As well as paying for her costs as Head of State SHE isresponsible for paying for maintenance and reburbishment of royal palaces. How she spends that £ is up to her but ahe has to find it out of her annual funding. no extras from Government

Last edited by a moderator:

I wish people would lay off with the 'work-shy' Cambridge snark on every thread in this forum. It's beyond tired. That said I'm with those who feel that Beatrice is doing nothing particularly wrong. She has no obligation to the public in terms of patronages and engagements,as far as I understand, yet she does charity work and has patronages.

I wish people would lay off with the 'work-shy' Cambridge snark on every thread in this forum. It's beyond tired. That said I'm with those who feel that Beatrice is doing nothing particularly wrong. She has no obligation to the public in terms of patronages and engagements,as far as I understand, yet she does charity work and has patronages.

Exactly! The York bashing must stop. It's ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom