Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 14: July 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today with it being Beatrice's 23rd birthday, this was featured on AOL and I thought I'd share the like with all of you. When you look at the collection of photos that they've put together, Beatrice is not only a very strikingly beautiful young woman but a lot of her outfits do look great on her.

Princess Beatrice's 23rd Birthday: A Look At Her Style Then & Now (PHOTOS, POLL)

She really is a pretty girl and she looks like a good humored person, too. You never see Beatrice or Eugenie doing that odd looking sulky pout/simper thing a lot of young women do in photographs.

Royals grow up wearing hats - it is part of the 'royal uniform' and so they wear them to church and the races etc but most of them don't wear them every day anymore.

For the life of me I can't remember just where I got the notion but its been with me for a long time that the Queen would always wear a hat to symbolize the royal crown as it would be pretty impractical to wear the crown everywhere she goes. :) The more I think about it, in my mother's era, every refined woman would wear hats and gloves to church and social occasions.

Today with it being Beatrice's 23rd birthday, this was featured on AOL and I thought I'd share the like with all of you. When you look at the collection of photos that they've put together, Beatrice is not only a very strikingly beautiful young woman but a lot of her outfits do look great on her.

Princess Beatrice's 23rd Birthday: A Look At Her Style Then & Now (PHOTOS, POLL)

Thanks for posting this link. I have always thought Pss Beatrice was beautiful. I love the hair and the big eyes. While I've sometimes questioned her choice of fashion, I think she's always been a striking woman. When the time comes, I think she'll make a beautiful bride.

I would agree- A few outfits were:eek: but overall beautiful!:cool:
I do have one observation something I never noticed till now:
Beatrice seems to love blue fascinators, that look like satellite dishes.:eek:

She seems also to like high waisted pieces, when I think she looks lovely in a regularly cut dress. She likes things that go across her middle, apparently. The gold miniskirt is the best looking of these pieces, because it is one color and not quite so high and doesn't give as much of the effect of a big ribbon tied round the waist.

She's a cute girl and I'd love to see her with a different team of stylists and designers.

I love Beatrice! She's clever, funny, and apart from being a royal pretty ordinary. She doesn't seem to mind being photographed and often waves for the cameras. Her royal wedding hat was hideous, but it was really good of her to auction it off for charity.

Princess Beatrice and designer Saloni Lodha at the Saloni show at London
Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2012 on September 20, 2011 in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

:previous: I am so used to seeing fashion horror stories about Beatrice that I almost forgot that mostly people believe her to be the worst dressed, vulgar young person by dint of sheer repetition.

Over and over and over again we are told everything that is wrong with her. From her parents to her hair to her teeth to her dresses to her shoes to her hats to he . . . . . . .

But hold on a minute. All the photo's of her, on this page alone show, a very attractive young woman, so why to we think otherwise?

Bad news sells, and Bea Bashing sells really well! But the one thing in all these pictures that has really caught my eye is her smile. She is almost always smiling! And, when you think of all the bad press she and her family have had over the last few years I think that is pretty special. She looks happy, well adjusted and happy. How great is that?

A photo op: http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...c&txt=Pic 3&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_131659003251412

Or just a snap on the way: Princess Beatrice's 23rd Birthday: A Look At Her Style Then & Now (PHOTOS, POLL)

I completely agree! The media coverage of Beatrice seems to reflect some kind of cruel, unreflective mob mentality, like a gang of schoolyard bullies. If they say negative things about her appearance often enough, people seem to believe it.

She IS beautiful, and she has a wonderful life-affirming smile! Her clothes, whatever your view on “the” hat (and personally I liked it) seem to be chosen with a sense of style and fun, and suit her looks. Her battle with severe dyslexia to go on to achieve a 2:1 degree from an excellent university shows that she is also intelligent and hard-working. And when you see her at charity events, you get the impression that she really cares, that she really wants to use her position to help people.

For me, she is a very special young lady, and whatever she chooses to do now, good luck to her in it!

:previous: I am so used to seeing fashion horror stories about Beatrice that I almost forgot that mostly people believe her to be the worst dressed, vulgar young person by dint of sheer repetition.

Over and over and over again we are told everything that is wrong with her. From her parents to her hair to her teeth to her dresses to her shoes to her hats to he . . . . . . .

But hold on a minute. All the photo's of her, on this page alone show, a very attractive young woman, so why to we think otherwise?

Bad news sells, and Bea Bashing sells really well! But the one thing in all these pictures that has really caught my eye is her smile. She is almost always smiling! And, when you think of all the bad press she and her family have had over the last few years I think that is pretty special. She looks happy, well adjusted and happy. How great is that?

A photo op: http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...c&txt=Pic 3&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_131659003251412

Or just a snap on the way: Princess Beatrice's 23rd Birthday: A Look At Her Style Then & Now (PHOTOS, POLL)

I think Princess Beatrice looks lovely in all the photos, in fact my highest compliment is that in the first photo she looks a little like her beautiful grand-aunt Margaret, who was a real natural beauty.

On September 20, Beatrice also attended the memorial celebration for Ted Branson, the father
of Virgin Boss Richard Branson, at the the Royal Geographical Society in London.

** Pic **

Princess Beatrice attending Elie Saab Fashion Show in Paris today.

- Queen Bea! After a night of partying, Princess Beatrice attends Paris fashion week in elegant red dress | Mail Online
- Daylife gallery

I'm very impressed, she's so elegant and beautiful!!

Hooray for Beatrice! She looks elegant, graciously poses for photographers, and sits, ankles crossed, like a lady. I know these seem like small things, but they really add up when presenting yourself in public. :flowers:

Hooray for Beatrice! She looks elegant, graciously poses for photographers, and sits, ankles crossed, like a lady. I know these seem like small things, but they really add up when presenting yourself in public. :flowers:
I noticed that as well. You know who else did that? Princess Caroline of Monaco--now Hanover. Always looked so very elegant and lady like to me as well.

Beatrice looks so slim and very elegant. It's good to see her getting some positive comments from the press. :flowers:

Love the dress, love the shoes, love the smile! Beatrice is a credit to the BRF here.

Beatrice is a credit to the BRF here.

By turning up well put together or by attending a foreign fashion show for a day? :lol:
She looks good yes, but it'd prefer it if she looked good actually doing something other than watching Size Zero models walk down a catwalk and back.

By turning up well put together or by attending a foreign fashion show for a day? :lol:
She looks good yes, but it'd prefer it if she looked good actually doing something other than watching Size Zero models walk down a catwalk and back.

Quite right!

This appearance IS a reflection on the BRF, no matter you might disagree. Look at Princess Anne, a hard working royal who pays no mind to her appearance what-so-ever. A little polish and she would ZING! Now when Beatrice puts herself together such as this look at a charity event, walk-about, or whathave you for The Firm, then yes, we all will be taking her very seriously, in the meantime, this is very good practice for her and I applaud her efforts to look sophistacated and mature.

First of all, we don't know if Beatrice said it or if her bodyguard took it upon himself to speak for her.

The story's been taken down. I just got a 404 when I tried the link.

Mermaid1962 said:
The story's been taken down. I just got a 404 when I tried the link.

I got the story when I clicked.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom