Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 11: June-October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To get a couple of things things in perspective...

The "Beatrice late for class" story as reported in the Sun states "Another member of staff had brought her into the lecture hall.." which may indicate she was delayed with meeting staff rather than rolling up late to the college. Note that the story does not provide the full facts.

The Queen is said to have remarked once that Princess Michael was too royal for the BRF
This one should be put to rest, again. The Queen's comment was said to have been a sardonic response to Lord Mountbatten's enthusiastic championing of Marie Christine as a bride for Prince Michael, and not, as is so often stated or inferred, directed at Marie Christine herself. The actual comment was reported as being along the lines of "She sounds too grand for us".

That is the interpretation I put on it, no other. The Queen is said to have a very good sense of humour and I found this quite humouress.
The story of Princess Beatrice is not so much that she was late as that for the first week of University she was said to have gone out some nights running and appeared tired. Whether she had a legitimate excuse for being late or not it doesn´t seem very wise for her to be seen out enjoying herself at night clubs the same week.

But She's learning, i don't see any problem, altought i hope that wont being so frecuent

This is a weird piece in Daily Mail from Katie Nicholl, on supposed tension between the York girls and Pippa Middleton at the Issa show couple weeks ago:

Beatrice and Eugenie snub Kate's sister in fashion show stand-off | Mail Online
In an embarrassing episode, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie snubbed the 23-year-old party hostess at a recent Issa fashion show and refused to make space for her in the front row.

Weird is definitely a good word for it, Incas. I'm just trying to figure out in what universe Bea and Eugenie would be concerned enough with Pippa Middleton to try to make her look bad. Pippa's the sister of their cousin's girlfriend -- what a close connection! :rolleyes:

I assume this is Nicholl trying to bolster that ridiculous "Kate made Bea cry in the loo at the roller disco" nonsense from one of her last columns. Trying to stir up you-know-what, no doubt. A York-Middleton feud would be a goldmine for the Mail -- the new Di v. Fergie they've always longed for -- and if it's not really happening, they'll just invent it!

Nicholl may have got it wrong. but then again there are other interpretations. She could have been made to move from the first row because two royal princesses arrived and had to (by protocol or politeness) sit in the front row and she had to move. Or it just might be that the younger sister of the girlfriend of Prince William wasn´t considered important enough to take a seat with royalty.
I only hope that the two princesses weren´t even asked to move to make room for the girl but if it was the other way round it would be only natural.

Nicholl may have got it wrong. but then again there are other interpretations. She could have been made to move from the first row because two royal princesses arrived and had to (by protocol or politeness) sit in the front row and she had to move. Or it just might be that the younger sister of the girlfriend of Prince William wasn´t considered important enough to take a seat with royalty.
I only hope that the two princesses weren´t even asked to move to make room for the girl but if it was the other way round it would be only natural.

Catherine Middleton is a goldmine for Issa by wearing their clothes. Noone would think to snub her sister on such a show when Catherine could easily switch the label. In addition I think I saw a picture of Mrs. Middleton sitting next to Pippa, so she would have been snubbed as well.

So I'm sure the story is invented in order to recreate the Di vs. Fergie-topic. Because I have not lost my belief totally that Beatrice and Eugenie at least have a brain, even if they have no breeding. They must have realised that such a row would be publicised and they must realise that Catherine Middleton might well become a more senior Royal than them, so why offend her?

Plus: there were photographers mentioned in the article. where are the pics from that row?

Plus: there were photographers mentioned in the article. where are the pics from that row?

I've been wondering that, too! Plus, the second article that Incas linked clearly shows that Pippa was seated in the front row at that fashion show.

I call tabloid shenanigans.

You may be right but when it comes to offending people (Issa I mean) it might not be difficult to prefer not offending the princesses. Perhaps some photos will appear, but I can´t help but think that perhaps two places had to be made for the princesses.

You may be right but when it comes to offending people (Issa I mean) it might not be difficult to prefer not offending the princesses. Perhaps some photos will appear, but I can´t help but think that perhaps two places had to be made for the princesses.

If so, they wouldn't have chosen Pippa Middleton to move on! Plus the earlier article said that she sat there (where she was photographed obviously in front row) during the finale. Menarue, even if you don't like Catherine Middleton and think she is just a middle class upstart, she is a fix at the moment on the fashion circuit in London. So she 8or her family in her place) might get snubbed somewhere but certainly not at a fashion show of a label she wears.

Probably not but I don´t think it was a snub.... Even if they had asked her to move it shouldn´t be called a snub. The article said that she was snubbed and that was incorrect in my opinion. If someone is in an area that is perhaps being reserved for another and asked to move it is not a snub. But you are probably right as she is buying from Issa they would probably put her in the front row, about the upstart part you are definitely right.

Odd: I thought that Beatrice WAS at the roller-disco event.:confused:

This is a weird piece in Daily Mail from Katie Nicholl, on supposed tension between the York girls and Pippa Middleton at the Issa show couple weeks ago:

Beatrice and Eugenie snub Kate's sister in fashion show stand-off | Mail Online
In an embarrassing episode, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie snubbed the 23-year-old party hostess at a recent Issa fashion show and refused to make space for her in the front row.

She was there, and there are pictures of her happily roller skating about. But Nicholl dropped an item in her column right afterward claiming that Bea was upset because she wasn't invited by Kate, even though anyone could buy tickets, and she didn't know about the neon-color dress code as a result. Nicholl claimed she found Bea crying in the loo while Kate was knocking back shots at the bar.

I didn't see any pictures of Bea at the event that made it look like she was/had been crying, but who knows. The problem with items like that one is that there's no way to prove/disprove them, short of Kate or Bea making a statement. And we know that's not going to happen.

I see. I missed that article that mentioned Bea crying in the ladies' room. Oh well...as you can see, I don't feel too deprived about missing an occasional article in the DM.:lol: Thanks for the info.:flowers:

She was there, and there are pictures of her happily roller skating about. But Nicholl dropped an item in her column right afterward claiming that Bea was upset because she wasn't invited by Kate, even though anyone could buy tickets, and she didn't know about the neon-color dress code as a result. Nicholl claimed she found Bea crying in the loo while Kate was knocking back shots at the bar.

I didn't see any pictures of Bea at the event that made it look like she was/had been crying, but who knows. The problem with items like that one is that there's no way to prove/disprove them, short of Kate or Bea making a statement. And we know that's not going to happen.

No problem -- I don't think it ever showed up on the online version of the Mail, just in the print version. I read quotes from it on another royal blog. (But, as a disclaimer, the blogger calls Nicholl a "trained journalist"...)

even if you don't like Catherine Middleton and think she is just a middle class upstart,
Ha! I'm sorry but I find this hysterical. JofP you are just too much (and I mean that in a good way). I have to agree with everyone who said you can't believe the tabloids. They will def create a drama if there isn't one for real.

It is really hysterical because she described exactly what I think, no hard feelings towards anyone but I like to speak my mind and for me that is exactly what Miss Middleton is. If she gets her way and becomes a member of the royal family then of course I may have to modify my language but for now..... that´s it.

Another piece to this fashion show puzzle -- here's an article posted before Nicholl's DM piece. The writer reports that Pippa started in the front row, but her "minders" moved her to the second when photographers swarmed her. No mention of any encounter between Pippa and the York sisters at all.

It is really hysterical because she described exactly what I think, no hard feelings towards anyone but I like to speak my mind and for me that is exactly what Miss Middleton is. If she gets her way and becomes a member of the royal family then of course I may have to modify my language but for now..... that´s it.

Menarue, if you would know Catherine Middleton and her family and would say that you deem her to be an upstart, I would accept that. But somebody who has no personal acquaintance with a person and judges this person only by the background she was born into is IMHO a terrible snob. Especially when we are talking about a young lady who has so far coped very well with a unpleasant situation she finds herself in and can't do much about and obviously found favour not only with her Royal boyfriend but enough with his family to be welcomed to family weddings and celebrations. While you seem to think that other young girls are much worthier, only because they are princesses of the blood, so it's okay for them to be working as servants in shops and do nothing of any real consequence.

Catherine Middleton spend part of her gap year in Europe taking in art and learning languages. Beatrice of York has never been seen together with people who do not need to study "history of ideas" because they have these new ideas. Plato? Where will Beatrice find one person in her circle of friends to discuss Plato with on a level fitting of a student of this topic? Have we ever seen her in a museum or a library? Mingling with academics? Okay, she has Charles as her uncle and an assistant of Sir Richard Branson as her boyfriend. Probably she will end up as a "spokesperson" for Branson's ideas some day.
But someone who (according to a tabloid, okay, let's take that with a grain of salt) only just realises that there are aspects like "value for money" on shopping is hardly the person to really understand the historical background of why certain ideas came up, why some spread and others failed to find believers, why we still take about the thoughts and ideas of some people while others are long forgotten.

Long forgotten like all those aristocratic authors mocking the poorer, ordinary people in the days before the French revolution, for example. Justly forgotten while the declaration of the Rights of Manm and of the Citizen of 1789 is still very much known: article 1: "Men are born and remain free and equal in rights. Social distinctions can be founded only on the common utility." Or recall John Ball's idea (peasant's revolt, 1381):
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentilman?". Or the idea behind the Universal Declaration of Human Rights of 1948: article 1: "All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights..."

I wonder if Beatrice of York will be able to understand what she will learn about "History of Ideas" once she learns about these "ideas" and their background....

I hope you are not comparing Princess Beatrice with Kate Middleton. I disapprove of Princess Beatrice´s late nights and do nothing life but what I am saying that if there is any occasion a royal princess (in the UK) will always take precedence over any other than another royal princess or monarch. In this case I was saying that it would only be natural for the sister of the girlfriend of Prince William to move, this may not have been the case but if it was it was definitely not a snub, it was the ways things are done and even if Kate Middleton becomes the wife of Prince William I don´t think it is going to give her sister any great privileges besides being invited to family occasions with her sister etc. Princess Beatrice will always have precedence over her and also Kate until a when/if she becomes a princess. It is no Marie Antoinette thing, it is just the way it is done in the UK, but if there is a Republic in the future then of course things may change, but until now it seems it is still a monarchy.

From Plato to sitting in the front row at a fashion parade and all points in between...
Princess Beatrice discussion continues in part 12 which can be found here.

¤

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom