Prince William Current Events 9: May-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
William is ordered to put duty before his chukka
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2006/05/28/dp2801.xml#1
Giving the lie to persistent rumours that he is being given special treatment during his officer training at Sandhurst, Prince William has been told in no uncertain terms that he cannot play alongside his brother in today's Kuoni World Class Polo Cup.
"William asked if he could be given leave to play, but he's got to take part in exercises," Kenney Jones, the one-time rock drummer with the Small Faces and The Who who now hosts the trophy at Hurtwood Park, in Surrey, tells Mandrake.

I had not seen anything about Prince William wanting to do any Polo game all. How about any of you?

Has anyone heard of this polo match before? Skydragon, do you think Prince William did have exerises or what?

Last edited:
kpusa1981 said:
I had not seen anything about Prince William wanting to do any Polo game all. How about any of you?

Has anyone heard of this polo match before? Skydragon, do you think Prince William did have exercises or what?

They are normally told when exercises are to take place and I don't think William would have been silly enough (in view of the press coverage) to ask for special leave, when one was due.

Harry was given time off because he was competing in the Cartier World Cup and there were no exercises planned.

The Kuoni World Polo Cup is only in it's 4th year.

Skydragon said:
They are normally told when exercises are to take place and I don't think William would have been silly enough (in view of the press coverage) to ask for special leave, when one was due.

I read on another website that the officials wouldn't give William special time off to play polo.:)

He has done some Royal duties remember NZ , he also greeted the All Blacks when they came to Buckingham Place, FA game in Wales, and i think the Princes Trust 30th Anniversy was part his Royal Duties.

georgiea said:
I read on another website that the officials wouldn't give William special time off to play polo.:)

It is unlikely that William even asked for time off.

1. Cadets are told weeks in advance that an exercise is to take place, Harry went on his match because there was no major exercise, that involved his platoon, taking place. You can make up time on the firing range but, they can't lay on a special exercise for one man and the rest of his platoon. All the exercises have to be worked out, not just what they are doing but, a time slot that works for all the people involved (instructors, Officers and other platoons).

2. William is fully aware of the press waiting for him to be given any special favours and would not have chanced giving them another reason to 'gripe'.

3. At the moment he intends to be a full time officer, to do that he has to be seen to pass all his exams and excel in any exercise he is involved in.

It's like everything else regarding this young man, someone has to make a story out of it.:D

William will, however, be aware that his 21-year-old brother was granted "exceptional leave" to take part in the Cartier Polo World Cup during his stint at Sandhurst last year.

William, when asked during his interview with Ant and Dec why his father had retired, said that he couldn't face the pressure of playing with his two sons.
Skydragon, do you really think that Harry recived "exceptional leave" to play at Cartier Polo World Cup last year? What would be granted "exceptional leave" for?

Last edited:
kpusa1981 said:
Skydragon, do you really think that Harry recived "exceptional leave" to play at Cartier Polo World Cup last year? What would be granted "exceptional leave" for?

As I said in the post above, Harrys' polo match did not clash with a preplanned training exercise, where Harry's presence was essential, to his training.

Exceptional leave is normally granted for a serious and grave illness in the family (unexpected serious accident or expected death), major family crisis or funeral. In Harry or Williams case, it could of course be for a family commitment that the Queen or Prince Charles has requested the attendance of the boys. Although I have to say, it is not unheard of, :eek: for a senior office to grant leave to a player who is on the team he supports! :D

Big Brother star is royal cousin
Big Brother contestant George Askew, who walked off the show yesterday, has been revealed to be a cousin of Prince William and Prince Harry
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/31052006/364/big-brother-star-royal-cousin.html

Wasn't sure where to post it or whether it was worth posting at all but it's pretty funny. The guy was trying to play on his "Royal connections", imo

Last edited:
I think he looks a little like William (at least by that pic)

I've just removed all the posts speculating on whether William and Kate are about to announce their engagement, whether anybody's talked to the Queen about it, how the Queen Mother would have felt about it, what Diana would have thought, what the nature of the relationship actually is, and goodness knows what else. None of which is relevant in a current-events forum, yet it amounted to something like a third of the thread so far.

The British Royals moderators are discussing whether to use those posts as the basis of a thread where this stuff can be discussed, mainly to get it out of the current-events threads, or to leave them deleted and discourage any further speculation beyond discussing whatever news articles (by which I don't mean tabloid fabrications) might say. In the meantime, any more posts on this endless and fruitless speculation will be deleted from the current-events threads.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

Last edited:
Prince William plans golf with Ant and Dec

Prince William is planning to join Ant and Dec for a celebrity golf tournament.
The royal is reportedly considering competing with stars including Jodie Kidd, Ross Kemp and Alice Cooper on ITV1's All Star Cup.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds33737.html

Is he still doing his Military training? It seems like he is taking a lot of time off from that to meet with football players, polo games, ect. ect.
Seems like he is getting more days off from training than his brother did? Or is this just my imagination?

One of the articles said it was a long weekend for all the cadets in his class. I think he is just doing more public things with his weekend breaks now.

regardez said:
One of the articles said it was a long weekend for all the cadets in his class. I think he is just doing more public things with his weekend breaks now.

It's only in the first 5 weeks that they are confined to barracks. :) They do get weekends as you say and William seems to be more visible than Harry.

Maybe of interest:

Today in BILD, Germany's largest tabloid:

http://www.bild.t-online.de/BTO/index.html

you have to click on "LEUTE" and then on "William und seine große Liebe".

They basically speculate, why Charles has bought a 4.5 mio house that is renovated until next year.

They also mention that William and Harry were rather drunk at the boxing match, and that Kate was there, as a smiling onlooker.

William visits a horse stable in Frankfurt, Germany
where he is for the 2006 World Cup (Reuters)
reuters37ct.jpg
reuters8nt.jpg
reuters23ka.jpg

I've hope that we will see Wills more and more on many different events in the near future:D

Last edited:
Are both boys and Prince Charles all wearing black ties?

Maybe mourning for His father in law, Camilla's father...

That's definetely the reason. Prince Charles is obviously mourning his father-in-law and showes his respect and care for his wife.
Prince William and Prince Harry are mourning their stepmother's father, and while I personally don't know their feelings for late Mr Shand, they certainly do show their respect and caring for their stepmother with this gesture.

I have to say what two very special young man they are. With all the problems in the parents marriage, some people would have nothing to do with their stepmother. I dont care what anyone say, for those boys to show such respect for Camilla they had to have some very wonderful guiding they. I wonder just how much the Queen has to do the their upbring since the death of their mother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom