Prince William Current Events 8: February-May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal Fan said:
Both of the boys look rather Good their Uniforms how come Harry Still has the same Uniform I thought it would look different

Even though he has been through a passing out parade, he won't be an officer until midnight tonight. :D

regardez said:
The boys both look good. I guess all the hype that the girlfriends would be there was wrong. That makes sense, it looks like a family afair.Is that picture of William saluting Harry? ;)

The girls are both there for tonights ball. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
kaydura0717 said:
He's still going bald. So sad. So sad.

It's fortunate, isn't it, that hair doesn't have anything to do with being a good Prince or a good King :) :)

karla64 said:
William is in parade.... he look good..

only one find.. see left

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=57325893&cdi=0

Actually William wasn't 'in' the parade. He attended the parade and was in the stands with the rest of his term.

Only the graduating terma and the second term actually were 'in' the parade i.e. on the parade ground and passing in review past the queen.

William will be 'in' the next Sovereign's Parade, when the term that was the second term becomes the graduating term and William will be in the second term and the new intake of officer cadets will be the third term and watch from the sidelines.

William's term will graduate in two Sovereign's Parades time but whether the Queen will attend we don't know. Harry's graduation was only the third time she has attended a Sovereign's Parade in her reign and there are three a year - 54x3=162 parades (probably plus one since she became Queen in February) so 3/163 parades = 1.8% of parades attended.

She did, of course, see William graduate from university so may not go and see him graduating as an officer as well - not wanting to seem to favour one grandson over the other.

chrissy57 said:
Actually William wasn't 'in' the parade. He attended the parade and was in the stands with the rest of his term.

Only the graduating terma and the second term actually were 'in' the parade i.e. on the parade ground and passing in review past the queen.

William will be 'in' the next Sovereign's Parade, when the term that was the second term becomes the graduating term and William will be in the second term and the new intake of officer cadets will be the third term and watch from the sidelines.

William's term will graduate in two Sovereign's Parades time but whether the Queen will attend we don't know. Harry's graduation was only the third time she has attended a Sovereign's Parade in her reign and there are three a year - 54x3=162 parades (probably plus one since she became Queen in February) so 3/163 parades = 1.8% of parades attended.

She did, of course, see William graduate from university so may not go and see him graduating as an officer as well - not wanting to seem to favour one grandson over the other.

I agree with what your are sayin Chrissy57 but I still think the Queen will watch William granduate from Sandhurst. It is not fair to William if she doesn't go to his parade. After all it is not William's fault that he chose to go to University and Harry did not. But this is all just my opinion of course. ;)

Just depending when William would graduate from Sandhurst. The Queen has already his graduation ceremony which is very important.This time it is Harry's term to feel the pride from his family. In addition, I think William has more to achieve than what Harry needs to do. William probably needs the trainings from the Army, the Navy and air force.Thus,there are plenty of opportunities for the Queen, and Prince of Wales to attend these occastions.

kaydura0717 said:
He's still going bald. So sad. So sad.
:D:Dthat was funny.

He can't fight the genes, it looks like he's bolding as fast as his grandfather did in the old days. Prince Philip lost much of his hair by his mid-20s. What I find interesting is that William can actually fix his bold spot, but seems relaxed about it.

He looks good thou and seems to have gained weight, which makes him look like a giant next to Harry.

Lamyah said:
:D:Dthat was funny.

He can't fight the genes, it looks like he's bolding as fast as his grandfather did in the old days. Prince Philip lost much of his hair by his mid-20s. What I find interesting is that William can actually fix his bold spot, but seems relaxed about it.

He looks good thou and seems to have gained weight, which makes him look like a giant next to Harry.

ha ha good post! yes, is sad too see william still goind bald! Both boys look like giants:D

How tall are they now? last I Heard William was 6'3.

Even if he loses some hair on top, he's still one good looking Prince. Great genes from Mama Di!

WindsorIII said:
Even if he loses some hair on top, he's still one good looking Prince. Great genes from Mama Di!

true, very true:)

kaydura0717 said:
William is 6'3 and Harry is 6'1

how much it is in centimeters?
the height is for the genes spencer:D

Last edited by a moderator:
love_cc said:
Just depending when William would graduate from Sandhurst. The Queen has already his graduation ceremony which is very important.This time it is Harry's term to feel the pride from his family. In addition, I think William has more to achieve than what Harry needs to do. William probably needs the trainings from the Army, the Navy and air force.Thus,there are plenty of opportunities for the Queen, and Prince of Wales to attend these occastions.

It was wonderful to see Harry as the centre of attention for once but, I think the Duke of Edinburgh, Charles and Camilla will be at Williams parade, if not the Queen. There is a possibility that she would want to attend for William as well, she may be the Queen but, she is still a grandmother. :)

She does, however, not want to be seen favouring one grandchild over another.

Did she go to Peter Philip's graduation - he is, afterall her eldest grandson.

She does watch Zara compete on occasions I am sure.

What about the York girls? What has she seen of their lives?

She may want to be at William's graduation she also probably is aware of the interpretation that would be put on her attendance at two of William's graduations compared to only one of Harry's.

Maybe Philip will take the graduation parade for William, or even possibly Charles - he will be the future Head of the Armed Services as will William one day. There is a precedent of sorts - Philip I believe attened Andrew's graduation as a pilot, if not as an officer per se.

Did the Queen attend either Charles or Andrew's graduations as officers, or Charles or Edward's graduations from university? Does anyone know. It might give us a hint as to her approach to this situation.

I think she will attend because she is his grandmother first and not just the queen to him. Also it has to do with her schedule and how it works around the graduation date.

I hope the Queen attends William's passing out but I seriously doubt she keeps track of how many events she attends for Harry vs. William vs. Beatrice vs. Zara, etc.

Little children get upset when they don't get equal treatment but I sincerely hope that the Queen's grown grandchildren have gotten over it by now. It's a pretty annoying trait that's best left in childhood. The Queen has only 24 hours in a day and a pretty busy job to do. I'm sure her grandkids understand that.

Harry's only had one graduation (which she attended), for people around the world to view something like a grandmother attending her grandson's "passing out" and his graduation from high school as showing favoritism is ludicrious. I would see it as the Queen supporting her grandchildren whenever she can!

TaShBaBe86 said:
I agree with what your are sayin Chrissy57 but I still think the Queen will watch William granduate from Sandhurst. It is not fair to William if she doesn't go to his parade. After all it is not William's fault that he chose to go to University and Harry did not. But this is all just my opinion of course. ;)

I agree with you on this, but because William would be graduating from Sandhurst as a future soldier in defense of country and crown.

She may have attended events for Beatrice and Eugenie, Philip and Zara but, they were probably private affairs. None of these grandchildren attract as much attention as William and Harry. :)

It's best to wait and see if William completes his training first and as the brothers are close, I am sure they won't have a problem with who is there or not.:)

Britters said:
Harry's only had one graduation (which she attended), for people around the world to view something like a grandmother attending her grandson's "passing out" and his graduation from high school as showing favoritism is ludicrious. I would see it as the Queen supporting her grandchildren whenever she can!

Very well said. I totally agree with you.

Britters said:

Please note British students don't graduate from high school - William attended university - a totally different thing in the British system. As they finish their final exams on different days over several weeks they end school when their exams have finished. We do the same thing here in NSW.

I also said she didn't 'WANT TO BE SEEN' (my emphasis to indicate my quote from my earlier post) as favouring one grandchild over the other.

Who would be doing the seeing?

Not necesarily her family who really do understand the time constraints on her BUT the press and people on message boards like this who are always pointing to CH spin and the way the princes are covered as some machiavellian machinations to promote one grandson over the other e.g. Harry bad, William good, Harry's bad doings used to cover up controversy around his father while William used to promote C&C etc.

The Queen would be fully aware of that and may not want to give people like some on this board and others the ammunition that William is somehow better than Harry because she attended both William's graduation from university and his graduation as an officer (if he gets that far of course, which I assume at this stage he will by the way).

I seriously doubt that the Queen decides to attend her grandchildren's events based on how it would look in the press. I think she honestly loves her grandchildren and wants to support them anytime she can.

And I hope the Queen doesn't seriously give a hoot about any opinions on this board, mine included! Where would the monarchy be then? :D

As I already said in the Harry thread, Harry is Harry, William is William. Most young men and women have a few blips on their way to becoming adults. They may be brothers but, they are totally different people.
I'm sure that if the Queen can have it scheduled in, she will be at Williams passing out parade, if that is what he wants. If it can't be worked in, I'm certain there is enough love there for William to accept it.
The most important people that William will probably want there are his father, step-mother and his little brother. :)

another important thing to remember is that it's not how much time she spends with either of them but the quality of the time spent. it's quite obvious fromt the photos that we've seen of HM with her grandchildren that she adores them and that the time she's able to spend with them is special simply by virture of the fact that - what grandchild doesn't like to spend at least some time with their grandparent(s)??!

corazon said:
how much it is in centimeters?
the height is for the genes spencer:D
I have no idea since we in the U.S. don't use the metric system. Maybe our Canadian or European members can tell you but Wills is not quite as tall as Prince Felipe but would be impressive beside him and Harry is slightly shorter than his brother. Hope that gives you an idea. :)

Just google for metric conversion and you get tables for every imaginable conversion you may need.

kaydura0717 said:
William is 6'3 and Harry is 6'1

For all our metric friends :)

William is 1.90, Harry is 1.85.

Prince William Current Events part 9

Skydragon said:
For all our metric friends :)

William is 1.90, Harry is 1.85.
I think that 2nd Lt. Henry Wales is 6'2 = 1.89. William is 6'3"= 1.915

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.