Prince William Current Events 22: January-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juat finished watching the memorial service, it was great to watch and very moving. William is a very good young man. I love the bit where he met memebers of the familes that had lost loved 1's and he was talking to a young boy and asked the young boy what his teddies name was, it was very cute.
Was this during the memorial service? If so aw cute I'd love to see video of that.

It's a shame we weren't told William had expressed interest and that the invitation was extended to him, not to his grandmother. It might have prevented my uncharitable thoughts about his father.

This is another thing that impresses me about William. There is no arrogance and sense of self importance in this guy. He really wanted to go there to do what he could for the people and saw no need to shout out "Look at what I'm doing next!" to draw attention to himself and his kind acts. This is very much in synch with a man that chooses a profession to serve the people both in SAR and later in life... as King.

Madame Royale, the prime minister of New Zealand himself told the HERALD NEW ZEALAND that he received a called from BPalace at the demand from Prince William desire to go to NZ and Australia to tour the disasters zone. And the prime minister accept immediatly. William - it's normal - was a representative of the Queen during the memorial service because was present the two prime ministers and the representative - william - of the head of state - the Queen. But the whole trip downunder was at his demand/initiative. I think we can just believe in the prime minister of NZ. Normal that during the ceremony he reports a little speech from the head of state and in this special case he just could be her representative.

The slightly non-traditional aspect to him (the sneakers) in no way detracts from his overall charm.

The slightly non-traditional aspect of him (e.g., his sneakers) is a big part of his overall charm. :p He seems to care more about the important things. In other words, he has his priorities straight.

Madame Royale, the prime minister of New Zealand himself told the HERALD NEW ZEALAND that he received a called from BPalace at the demand from Prince William desire to go to NZ and Australia to tour the disasters zone. And the prime minister accept immediatly. William - it's normal - was a representative of the Queen during the memorial service because was present the two prime ministers and the representative - william - of the head of state - the Queen. But the whole trip downunder was at his demand/initiative. I think we can just believe in the prime minister of NZ. Normal that during the ceremony he reports a little speech from the head of state and in this special case he just could be her representative.

Thank you for clearing that up. :)
before scrutinizing every little thing he does, let's get the facts straight

The slightly non-traditional aspect of him (e.g., his sneakers) is a big part of his overall charm. :p He seems to care more about the important things. In other words, he has his priorities straight.

How dare he??! outrageous!! :bang:

g-zus! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watching the news and it showed a snippet of William's speech today. I was interested in a certain phrase he used.

"Grief is the price they pay, for love."

I'm not sure if that was a part of the message he conveyed on his grandmothers behalf, or whether or not he said it on his own accord, but...

"Grief is the price we pay, for love" was initially coined by HM the Queen and sent in a message of condolence which was read aloud on her behalf during a church service in New York after the September 11 attacks in 2001.

Last edited:
I checked and his exact words were " My grandmother once said that grief is the price we pay for love"

Lets be clear that the sneakers were not used at an official engagement but for lunch with Catherine and Pippa.

People know that from his chosen profession as a search and Rescue Pilot, this prince is genuine in his wish to help and comfort people in need. Charles must be very proud to have such an heir!

Is it just me or is there less coverage of this trip to New Zealand this time for Prince William?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of UK coverage, but a lot is going on in the world right now (the tsunami in Japan for example).

From what I can see it is receiving coverage in NZ, but the emphasis is different. More of a respectful, etc.

:previous: The visit was certainly well covered and very well received here in NZ and Christchurch and Greymouth in particular. I don't think they allowed media from overseas much access as the Memorial service was sent out in a pool from the State broadcaster TV NZ. We watched the introduction on our TV3 because we prefer the anchors but the service itself was TVNZ totally uninterrupted and as for his travel into the Red Zone, I can't see a massive journo train being given permission to follow there either.

This was for us and Prince William did his Father and Grandmother proud. For those who have muttered republican rhetoric of late, well I think that just got well and truly squashed by the "Prince William Charm Offensive", which was impressive to say the least.

On his visit to the Eastern suburbs he was all but mobbed by those who were both touched and a little overwhelmed that he took time out to visit them when they know he has a "real" job and a wedding within the month. That meant a lot and he came across as an honest, caring and compassionate man without gushing platitudes. We don't need them and he did not insult us by offering any.

Last edited:
I love the picture of William with the little Superman. He seems to be a natural with children.

You beat me to it :p I was just going to post this
http://ego.globo.com/Gente/foto/0,,46948928-EXH,00.jpg

and acknowledge the adorabless of the situation, :flowers:

:previous: The visit was certainly well covered and very well received here in NZ and Christchurch and Greymouth in particular. I don't think they allowed media from overseas much access as the Memorial service was sent out in a pool from the State broadcaster TV NZ. We watched the introduction on our TV3 because we prefer the anchors but the service itself was TVNZ totally uninterrupted and as for his travel into the Red Zone, I can't see a massive journo train being given permission to follow there either.

This was for us and Prince William did his Father and Grandmother proud. For those who have muttered republican rhetoric of late, well I think that just got well and truly squashed by the "Prince William Charm Offensive", which was impressive to say the least.

On his visit to the Eastern suburbs he was all but mobbed by those who were both touched and a little overwhelmed that he took time out to visit them when they know he has a "real" job and a wedding within the month. That meant a lot and he came across as an honest, caring and compassionate man without gushing platitudes. We don't need them and he did not insult us by offering any.

Tnks for the post! specially since you are so close to it :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not saying this to start anything, but...

He's going to be a great Dad someday. :eek:)

Seeing the way he interacts w/children just reminds me so much of his late Mother. So very natural and caring.

And did William really ask that little one what his Teddy Bear's name was? *wibbles*

Oh and Marg, "Prince William Charm Offensive", may I use that? What a great term of what this visit is. :D

IMO William has changed alot lately he seems so much more involved and willing to go out and do public engagements. he really seems like he wants to help unlike i dunno early 2006 where it almost seemed like he resisted his public duties. I'm so happy with how this trip is going and can't wait till his arrival in Australia.

IMO William has changed alot lately he seems so much more involved and willing to go out and do public engagements. he really seems like he wants to help unlike i dunno early 2006 where it almost seemed like he resisted his public duties. I'm so happy with how this trip is going and can't wait till his arrival in Australia.

Actually this was William's second trip to NZ. He was there in 2005 as well, representing HM.

Actually this was William's second trip to NZ. He was there in 2005 as well, representing HM.

It's his third, the trip in 2005 wasn't representing the Queen, he was there for the Lions rugby tour and went with the team.
He represented the Queen in 2010 on an official visit to open the NZ High Court.
Now this visit, so that makes 3.

PRINCE William landed moments ago and has flown to cardwell, I will get the chance to meet him tomorrow! I am jumping out of my skin, my husband doesn't see the fuss but I do

PRINCE William landed moments ago and has flown to cardwell, I will get the chance to meet him tomorrow! I am jumping out of my skin, my husband doesn't see the fuss but I do

Not too many men get excited to see/meet a Prince. :lol:

How exciting! Can't wait to hear about your experience! :flowers:

Good luck Lady Felicity M ! I can`t wait to hear about your experience

It's his third, the trip in 2005 wasn't representing the Queen, he was there for the Lions rugby tour and went with the team.
He represented the Queen in 2010 on an official visit to open the NZ High Court.
Now this visit, so that makes 3.

Actually, this is visit number four. Willlam's very first visit happened when he was just a toddler and came along w/Diana and Charles during their first overseas tour, which was Australia and New Zealand. Those pictures of William crawling on a picnic blanket and Diana holding his hands/supporting his balance while standing were taken in New Zealand.

I still have the scrapbook I kept back then and the headline on the picture of William crawling w/his proud parents watching over him is "The Royal Crawlabout!!" :D

Last edited:
If you should get close enough to exchange a few words, the correct form of address is 'Your Royal Highness' and thereafter, 'Sir'.

I'm sure he'd do the asking whereby all you need to do is politely reply.

Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom