Prince William Current Events 21: January 2010-January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pics everyone. He looks so sweet with the children. I like the pic of him high fiving that kid. :lol:
Why did his aunt Sarah McCorquodale accompany him on the first visit? Does she live in the area? And why is she wearing that costume?

She's the High Sheriff of Lincolnshire. Perhaps the costume is the traditional one for the High Sheriff?

It's good to see Sarah with him as we don't get to see him with his Spencer relations very often.
He's so engaging with the children. He'll make a great father some day.
I'm sure he was excited to check out those fighter jets and probably would've loved to fly one. :D

Thanks for the photos!
It is a wise move on Prince William's part to increase involvement in various engagements. It was a pleasure to see Lady McCorquodale, who looked lovely in a green-and-white ensemble, accompanying her nephew. They seemed to be a great team working together.

It is unfortunate that the Daily Mail whips up frenzy around "the shadow king". If the people in grey suits decide that it is pivotal to the survival of the British monarchy as an institution to put Prince William on the throne, they will do it. If not, Prince Charles will ascend the throne. At the same time, I have to say that the order of succession should not be altered without really really serious reasons.

Thanks wbenson. :flowers: This is great news!

How wonderful that Prince Charles will give his son his wings. :flowers:

Here are the first pics:

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Kate
Middleton attend the presentation of Prince William with his flying badges
after graduation from Number 115 Multi Engine Advanced Rotary Wing
Course at RAF Shawbury on January 15, 2010 in Shropshire, UK.

** gettyimages **

Random thought: Can you imagine being the lady seated in front of them? ;)

Great pictures. They all look so happy.

Random thought: Can you imagine being the lady seated in front of them? ;)

Ha ha! Might end up with an aching neck by the end of the evening!

Last edited by a moderator:
BBC report on the presentation. Kate evidently very proud too!

BBC News

I just posted about the RAF ceremony at Royal Romance, with a link to video that shows William and Kate chatting and Kate rubbing his back. They look very in sync. Great to see both Kate and Charles/Camilla supporting William's military career!

I just posted about the RAF ceremony at Royal Romance, with a link to video that shows William and Kate chatting and Kate rubbing his back. They look very in sync. Great to see both Kate and Charles/Camilla supporting William's military career!

What a wonderful video.
William looks so strict and professional when walking up to his father. :flowers:

So how long will this part of his Career take

:previous:
So he's going to be out on duty until 2014?

It seems like Kate remembered about the press and quickly removed her hand,

Has anybody noticed, in reading about the Haitian earthquake, the British SAR personnel are being sent to assist in the aid efforts?

I wonder if something dreadful like this happens during William's service, whether he would actually get to do something like that or whether he will only serve in Britain is the 'safer' environment there. Of course no real SAR mission (as opposed to training missions) is safe but a place like Haiti at the moment is not the safest place so I wonder if he would be able to serve somewhere like that? I hope that he does, although I really do hope that nothing like that happens while he is serving (but we all know that natural disasters happen every year).

Haiti earthquake: family of missing British UN worker Ann Barnes 'fear the worst' - Telegraph The final paragraph of this article is the relevant one - The first British search and rescue workers have arrived in the country to help scour the rubble for survivors, but there is frustration on the streets at the lack of aid which is getting through to those who need it.

I have read this in other reports as well.

:previous:
So he's going to be out on duty until 2014?

Could this mean a wedding postponed until 2014 or 2015?

This makes sense to me so that he is by Kate's (or whomever's) side when they are launched on their royal duties but while he is on military service he can only do royal duties on weekends or on his leave time and she would be expected to be doing full time duties from day 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could this mean a wedding postponed until 2014 or 2015?

This makes sense to me so that he is by Kate's (or whomever's) side when they are launched on their royal duties but while he is on military service he can only do royal duties on weekends or on his leave time and she would be expected to be doing full time duties from day 1.

Thats what I thought.
As for the Haiti article, I hope William would participate in helping were a disaster to occur like this again.

Now I am confused. I thought this was a official tour of New Zealand and an unofficial one to Australia but his departure was deemed 'private' and hence no photographers were allowed.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Wills 'private' Royal tour

This is stupid - if it is an official tour then photos leaving, arriving in New Zealand, doing the official stuff in New Zealand, leaving New Zealand and arriving back in Britain to me are expected.

I would be fine if there were no photos of his unofficial tour of Australia as that is not representing the Queen and therefore is a private tour.

If photos of him leaving are deemed private then I assume that for consistencies sake, there will be no photos of him throughout the tour.

I totally suppor the royal family's desire and demand for there to be no photos of them when doing things on their private property but when officially representing the Queen I think that photos should be expected.

Not necessarily. Kate's not going to be in as senior a position as Diana or even Sarah were during the 80s. But once Prince Charles takes the throne, then she'd be expected to do much more as the wife of the heir to the throne. I expect that she'd make appearances with William, but doing solo appearances right away? No.:ermm:

she would be expected to be doing full time duties from day 1.

Not necessarily. Kate's not going to be in as senior a position as Diana or even Sarah were during the 80s. But once Prince Charles takes the throne, then she'd be expected to do much more as the wife of the heir to the throne. I expect that she'd make appearances with William, but doing solo appearances right away? No.:ermm:

She would certainly be more senior than Sarah was when she married. Sarah married the 4th in line to the throne (both William and Harry had been born).

Kate (or whomever) will be marrying the second in line and thus would be expected to be doing as much if not more than Sarah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom