Prince William Current Events 15: May-June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^I agree with you. He is a really private person so I cant imagine him doing that. I think its all facebooks work, trying to make good publicity.

The facebook account is gone now. So I guess we'll never know. It gave a lot of publicity to facebook for a few hours though.

They both look good in their bowler hats. Their matching ties, are they special ties for the Household Cavalry? All the men wore ties just like them?

About facebook, I doubt the princes use it even though many of their society are on it (for real) like Holly Branson, Guy Pelly, Harry Walsh.... I use facebook and I found many of their friends but I am not a friend of them so I can't say anymore about it (you can't see their profiles unless you are their friend). That is why a lot of the well-to-do people like facebook; their profiles are private and for viewing only to their chosen friends' list. It's a lot better for them than myspace.

kjrn said:
Now the papers say it was a hoax.
Oh come on, did anybody actually thought for half a second that William would be looking for the next Queen of England through Facebook? :bangin:
Quoting Máxima ...that "was een beetje dom" (was a little bit stupid)

Last edited by a moderator:
Verde Esmeralda said:
Oh come on, did anybody actually thought for half a second that William would be looking for the next Queen of England through Facebook?
Quoting Máxima ...that "was een beetje dom" (was a little bit stupid)
Maxima has some wit on her. I like that.
But yeah, I thought it was a hoax the first time I read it. Something about it seemed off to me.

Today's news:
Another one on the swimming and mountain rescue patronages.

The Sun Online - News: Prince Wills, hills and pools
Now they have to get their digs at William too over the non-sending of Harry to Iraq.

PRINCES William and Harry should resign their commissions now...
Harry and William should immediately quit the army and return to their alternative career - nightclubbing.​
Mirror.co.uk - News - Voice of the Mirror - SURRENDER ARMY ROLES
And last but not least, although most of this article was about Harry, I was interested in reading their description of William's squadron.

He will now join his brother William in D Squadron of the Blues and Royals, a holding unit destined never to go to war. The squadron, which has far fewer men than his original A squadron, is made up of injured soldiers unfit to serve or those preparing to leave the regiment.
Makes it sound like the place where everyone is a misfit and has no real purpose and no place to go. How mentally refreshing that must be every day to hear that you are serving with the group of people who are unfit to serve and don't fit in anywhere else. I'll hope the writer just lacked the writing skills to correctly describe this squadron D.

Harry's new war role: looking after the injured | the Daily Mail

I guess that's all.

I understand some members are fascinated by Facebook, but as it was a hoax and didn't have anything to do with William, we should let the subject drop.

thanks,
Warren
British Forum moderator

kjrn said:
Makes it sound like the place where everyone is a misfit and has no real purpose and no place to go. How mentally refreshing that must be every day to hear that you are serving with the group of people who are unfit to serve and don't fit in anywhere else. I'll hope the writer just lacked the writing skills to correctly describe this squadron D.
They are soldiers recovering from injuries and those who would be leaving within the tour dates. They are well thought of and working with a purpose to their lives, continuing to train, trying to get fit to return to active duty and people who have already risked life and limb who are preparing to leave and take on the challenge of civilian life, certainly not misfits!:rolleyes:

Thanks for clarifying that. I didn't really think they were misfits. I just thought that the description in the newspaper was poorly worded. I think the idea of the writer was to make it look like William and now Harry were at the bottom by being with that group. Glad to know D squadron actually is well thought of.

On another note, I happened to be watching television this morning (somerthing other than a children's show) and saw that the announced interview of William and Harry done by NBC would be shown in the US during June on the evening Dateline NBC show, with part of it on their morning show.

The palace will win in the end, just like always.

It's too bad that people keep interfering and critizing everything they have tried to do--the concert, the memorial, now the party. If this is what they wanted to do for their mother, let them do what they want.

It is all about the rags making money.

cowarth said:
It is all about the rags making money.

I also think that it isn't fitting and agree with what the "Palace" supposedly said, of course, according to the press. I think once the Wembley thing is done, it's time to head home and unwind there keeping Diana's memory in the forefront instead of a bottle of champagne or other spirits .

You know how the princes LOVE to PARTY!!

I think a private thank you party back at Clarence House or Buckingham Palace would be ok but a big bash would be over the top - particularly if the princes were seen to be drunk at the party.

To a certain extent this party reads like the princes want someone else to pay for them to get drunk - at least that is an interpretation that could be put on it.

To a certain extent this party reads like the princes want someone else to pay for them to get drunk - at least that is an interpretation that could be put on it.
I am surprised the media has not picked up on this interpretation, they think of everything else.

kjrn said:
It's too bad that people keep interfering and critizing everything they have tried to do--the concert, the memorial, now the party. If this is what they wanted to do for their mother, let them do what they want.

I agree. But on some level I can see where the outside public would want to voice their opinion about what's going on.....they loved her too.

These last comments are very interesting. I just hope that the princes will be tactful for the shaking hands with dignitaries bit, and reserve the drunken rages for back doors, perhaps something like a reception in the state rooms for the "important" people involved in Diana's life (the charitable associations, as well as family of course) followed by a private party upstairs with the boys (and probably a few trusted lowkey aristocratic beauties too).
As long as they keep the drunkenness out of the papers, and away from Diana's memorializing, I can overlook it. That means, no Mahiki cocktails until the formal receptions are over! :lol:

chrissy57 said:
I think a private thank you party back at Clarence House or Buckingham Palace would be ok but a big bash would be over the top - particularly if the princes were seen to be drunk at the party.

That's what it sounds like to me, too. I think any party should be as you said, "a private thank you party back at Clarence House..."

As long as they keep the drunkenness out of the papers, and away from Diana's memorializing
They never can keep there partying out of the papers.

Has anyone seen this? Wills is apparently taking Kate to her cousins wedding. Mind you, it is yet again from a "friend" so who knows.

Wedding bells for Wills and Kate at cousin's nuptials

I can not imagine that he would take her, prior commitment or not, if there was nothing there. When you break up with someone, you do not continue to see them and go out with them, and certainly not to a wedding. I honestly think that they still have feelings for one another and that they are probably going to end up back together.

Last edited:
It is interesting that Hello! have published this, but the source of the story is "a friend", and we'll have to wait until 21 July to see whether it is true or not.

^What do you mean with that? Is/isnt Hello a reliable source?

Hello! isn't the source, "a friend tells a British newspaper" is. They are repeating what has apparently been published elsewhere.

Apparently the prince wishes to honour this commitment he made to Kate to accompany her to the wedding. The Hello article also says they will share a holiday at the balmoral estate in the summer. Wonder if there is any truth to these claims.

It's not like the wedding was week after the breakup or anything. It was months away when they broke up. She isn't going alone. I thought it was a family event so her family will be there. I'm sure she must have other friends to accompany her.

I hope there is no truth to the wedding or the vacation plans unless he really plans on getting back with her because then the media will only start all of the stories again.

The media doesn't seem to like the idea that they decided to go their separate way. They don't make as much money publishing the stories about "lonely" William.

That sounds like a lie to me...why would you take your exboyfriend to a weddin, no matter in what good terms you are with him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom