Prince William Current Events 12: December 2006-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
william's big day! IOts nice to see kate there!!!
harry was too?

Prince William takes part in Exercise Winter Victory in Paramali Village, Cyprus in this handout photograph taken in November, 2006 released by the Ministry of Defence and Clarence House on December 15, 2006. Britain's Prince William is to graduate as an army officer on Friday and launch his new career.

Prince William
Prince William 2
Prince William 3

more pictures were released by Clarence House and can be found here.

kate is there because is william's girlfriend and I think she will be a great addition to the royal family, I don't see harry, he is in holydays?

william and the queen look radiant!

omg, I can't believe some of these comments I am reading about Kate's outfit! Its ridiculous. I don't think in any way she chose the color to stand out the most and I don't think its terrible that she wore the same color as the Queen, because I doubt she even knew what the Queen was wearing! I thought she looked very elegant and appropriate. I think her presence is a huge sign of things to come so I think all of her haters might want to accept the fact that she's in William's life, possibly for good.

Congratulations to William!

and note to self: do not purchase a red coat lest I be strung up by the toes.

Kate is part of william's life, and if he want tath kate was there, she was there, wath is the problem? kate don't is royal family member YET, may be she will be soon.

If she marry william she will be a princess (or duchess) a young face in the royal family at last, I an undestand wath is the problem.

Last edited:
Avalon said:
And speaking of Tiggy: she wasn't there this year, was she?

I don't see her, I thinks harry was more close to her than william, harry don't attend?

I'm glad Kate was there. I think she deserved to be. And did the captions say she was accompanied by William's personal secretary? Did Kate and William interact at all? Like did she publically congratulate him?

Can someone please take a second from this endless discussion and answer my question, the hat Kate mother is wearin is the same that she wore with that brown coat.

And imo I think it was nice that Kate was there or wouldnt you want to be with your love in a special day for him/her or wanted him/her near you in special day for you¿ it is simple, but of course with them is complicated cause they are in the public eye

avrilo said:
Can someone please take a second from this endless discussion and answer my question, the hat Kate mother is wearin is the same that she wore with that brown coat.

And imo I think it was nice that Kate was there or wouldnt you want to be with your love in a special day for him/her or wanted him/her near you in special day for you¿ it is simple, but of course with them is complicated cause they are in the public eye
I think is the same hat but I don't sure

For what should have been an "upbeat' moment in William's life the thread quickly turned into a train-wreck.
All of the offending, off-topic and verging-on-the-hysterical posts have now been removed, and it's safe for members to return.

We thought William's Passing Out Parade would have provided a contrast to the seriousness of the Diana Inquest, but it was not to be.

We'll try again a second time. :)

Enjoy.

Avalon, ysbel & Warren

Warren said:
For what should have been an "upbeat' moment in William's life the thread quickly turned into a train-wreck.
All of the offending, off-topic and verging-on-the-hysterical posts have now been removed, and it's safe for members to return.

We thought William's Passing Out Parade would have provided a contrast to the seriousness of the Diana Inquest, but it was not to be.

We'll try again a second time. :)

Enjoy.

Avalon, ysbel & Warren

:eek: Seems I've missed the excitement again. :) I can't begin to imagine how such a happy event precipitated a train wreck. I'm a little disappointed I missed the "verging-on-the-hysterical" posts, but I'm grateful to our diligent Mod Squad for making the place safe.

I think Kate looks wonderful. She has done what C&C so often do - matched William's outfit - and stunningly. His uniform is mainly black with red highlights, and she is mainly red with black. Excellent choice, IMO. :flowers:

I don't think it matters that the Queen is wearing a similar colour. Is HM's the same tone/shade/hue? I can't tell but I don't think it matters if it is. It is, after all, winter, and looks fairly dreary, especially with all the black. The lovely warm red makes a nice contrast, and is the ideal color considering the colour of the uniform. And Kate is entitled to draw attention to herself at this event. It is her man's graduation and she is his guest, and I don't think HM would mind at all.

I just watched a short video on CNN of William's graduation from Sandhurst. The Queen looked amazing and I loved that smile she gave her Grandson. :) It was very interesting to watch it instead of just looking at pictures.

Speaking of pictures Getty does have some nice pictures of the day. There is a close-up one of the Queen. Her hat has these tiny pleats on it which I didn't notice before.

Thank you to everyone who's posted pics of the graduation for the rest of us to enjoy. :flowers:

Great pictures everyone, thanks a bunch. Everyone looked great, Kate included. Her Majestry was beautiful! Congrats to William. But why was Harry not there, or is there just no pictures?

I guess Will couldn't also contain his laugh being in front of his grandmother. Didn't like much Kate's outfit. She is very beautiful, but dresses so oldfashion sometimes.

I always have to catch myself when I come across the British expression "to pass out". In America it means "to faint". :blink:

Congrats to Wills!

Skydragon, why is William carrying a rifle not a sword and why his shoulder rope look different than most the others passing out today?

William looked dashing in his uniform, Kate looked lovely and I just loved the colour of the Queen's outfit.

Stellad

Solange said:
I guess Will couldn't also contain his laugh being in front of his grandmother. Didn't like much Kate's outfit. She is very beautiful, but dresses so oldfashion sometimes.

At least her clothes are appropriate for the ocassion, unlike Ms Davy who, IMO, dresses totally inapropriately, especially when she is at high profile events with Harry. Yes, I do count the Polo as "High Profile".

To be honest I've not taken much notice of Kate Middleton but seeing the pictures of her today, what a stunner!

She is beautiful and it was so lovely to see her giggling and mucking about pointing to William. Very sweet and loving in my opinion.

I think Kate was beautifully dressed and totally appropriate for the occassion.

Prince William looked brilliant and I loved the smile between him and his grandmother - classic!

All in all it looked like a great day for everyone ... Congratulations Prince William!!

:flowers:

*edited due to spelling mistake.

Last edited:
Avalon said:
Now, this is a scandal! Second Cadet Wales doesn't manage to keep straight face in front of Her Majesty! What's wrong with the family?! ;)
(I almost had a deja vu)

He should be demoted immediatly. :ROFLMAO:

Kate looked wonderful and what a splendid choice of outfit. She is certainly becoming very stylish, whilst retaining dignity and decorum at any events she appears at with William! He of course looked superb as most men do in uniform! :innocent:

Roslyn said:
:eek: Seems I've missed the excitement again.
Me to, but it has saved me from having dozens of posts deleted!:ROFLMAO:

ZandraRae said:
Great pictures everyone, thanks a bunch. Everyone looked great, Kate included. Her Majestry was beautiful! Congrats to William. But why was Harry not there, or is there just no pictures?

Harry could not get time off to attend. :flowers:

Avalon said:
And speaking of Tiggy: she wasn't there this year, was she
Yes Tiggy was there. :flowers:

kpusa1981 said:
Skydragon, why is William carrying a rifle not a sword and why his shoulder rope look different than most the others passing out today?

William was one of the 'markers' and was also given the 'job' of guarding the flag so he carried his rifle. Everyone lines up with the markers at the start to get the lines straight. I can't see any difference between Williams shoulder cord and any of the other cadets, but I am a little bleary eyed this morning. :flowers:

He was wearing a red sash to show that his platoon had earned the honour of carrying the sovereigns banner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom