Prince William Current Events 1: December 2002-December 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
William the deer Conquerer? :rolleyes:

That photo of "William" partying is from The Sun or The Enquirer and the lot ....Nuff said! :yuk:

Do you mean thats not him?! It sure looks like its him... and I´ve seen closeup from the same events and its definately William :rolleyes:

Perhaps a tad lanky, but he does look as though he knows how to have a fun time! ;)

Ananova:

Prince William tops sexy eye poll

Prince William has the sexiest eyes in Britain, according to a survey.

He won 38% of the female votes, with actor Richard E Grant and Ant's better half, boy next door Declan Donnelly, following close behind.

Despite his success in hit TV series The Office, Ricky Gervais was least popular, receiving only 1% of votes.

When asked by market research company NOP whose eyes they would most like to have, the female vote was split.

While 22% of women opted for the sparkling eyes of EastEnders' Kat (Jessie Wallace), others preferred the glamorous and seductive peepers of Sex And The City star Sarah Jessica Parker.

Cherie Blair and Caroline Aherne proved to be least popular with only 1% of voters electing them.

Most men opted for the pulling power of the "golden oldies", with Jack Nicholson topping the poll at 16%. He was closely followed by Michael Parkinson and Bill Clinton.

Charlie's Angel star Drew Barrymore was said to have the sexiest eyes - nearly one in five men said they would like to gaze longingly into the Hollywood star's eyes. She was closely followed by Sarah Jessica Parker, Liza Minnelli and Jessie Wallace.

Blue eyes were favourite among both men and women, winning 42% of the vote, with dark brown eyes gaining 20% of the votes.

The survey, which was commissioned by Blink Contacts eye drops, polled 1,000 men and women nationwide.

Story filed: 16:54 Wednesday 13th August 2003

I guess I am in some form of denial :)doh: ! ). I believe a part of me wished William had more sense as to be photograph with a pink feather boa!!!! (Leave that for :zorro: Harry :lol: ), ....Giving the picture a second look with a magnifying glass, I guess he could be Willam :blink: ... I saw the same photo on The Enquirer cover...so there is still some lingering doubt :neutral: !!!! There are a lot of reports that William is reserved and self-restraint in public.... especially where photographers are concerned. It is nice, however, to see Wills enjoying himself! :flower:

I doubt it was a charity event.. why would he run around in his underwear/bathingclothes?!
I think it was a party at a friends house,... not sure, my memory is bad..
but I remember reading about it in some magazine... there were more pictures to, clearer face shots,
I´ll try to scan them later!

[Slightly OT]: ;) Yens, Ever been to charity functions?? I've been to several hospital charity functions and the like with my beau of 2 years (he is an orthopedic surgeon..who has gorgeous eyes, very much like our darling Felipe...but, I digress). Sometimes charity is not all about "formality, champagne and heidiously boring conversation about who has the best golf handicap"....there are people on occasion who do outrageous/ radical things for the name of charities!!! :angel: :kiss:

For example: 12 AUGUST 2003 (Hello!)

Sharon Stone made a name for herself starring as sex bombs in films such as Basic Instinct, so it's no wonder bidders at a recent AIDS charity auction were willing to fork out the cash for a clinch with the sultry star.

Though a number of men offered up thousands of pounds to be the lucky receiver of the kiss, it was a female attendee who scored the top prize.

Ms Joni Rimm, a guest at the LA gala, paid £35,000 for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. And Sharon drew a surprised reaction from the audience when she puckered up for a passionate kiss that went on for 45 seconds.

"Sharon was a great sport," said one witness. "She really went for it, grabbing her around the chin and kissing her passionately. Everyone in the crowd just screamed with delight."

Added another onlooker: "It might have been for charity but it was very sexy. I think there were plenty of men and women in the audience who would have loved to be in Joni's shoes."

Proceeds from the charity event went to Project Angel Foods, an organisation which delivers free meals to people with AIDS.

Yens?! like that ;)

I get your point.. but I dont think a charity event in a hospital with doctors and an event where prince William is present can be comparable.
I dont know the details of the event when this picture was taken... and maybe it wasn´t really a charithy? maybe more like a party... but however, Prince William in his underwear is not the most common thing to see at a charity event... or a party for that matter =)

the picture was one of those taken at his "Out of Africa" birthday party. It started making the rounds shortly after the party.

"William 'killed 14-inch antelope during Kenya hunt," 

Here is a silly joke I found in The Entertainment Weekly ....on the 'Hot Sheet' by Jim Mullen about it. :

#6.) The Deerslayer Prince William reportedly killed a small antelope with a spear while on vacation in Africa. It was an accident-
he was aiming at the reporter. :lol:

Originally posted by Catharine@Aug 17th, 2003 - 8:55 am
6.)  The Deerslayer Prince William reportedly killed a small antelope with a spear while on vacation in Africa. It was an accident-
he was aiming at the reporter.  :lol:
:lol: :lol:

who knows, maybe it's true ;)

nice picture of William

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 173
Originally posted by thissal@Aug 27th, 2003 - 1:06 pm
Hi Sara,

Neither one of your two links work???? :eek: :question:
one of new in sky.com about Prince William makes reply to Pink you would read it!

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by sara1981+Aug 27th, 2003 - 5:41 pm--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sara1981 @ Aug 27th, 2003 - 5:41 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--thissal@Aug 27th, 2003 - 1:06 pm
Hi Sara,

Neither one of your two links work????  :eek:  :question:
one of new in sky.com about Prince William makes reply to Pink you would read it!

Sara Boyce[/b][/quote]
Sara, I had the same problem with your links. Perhaps sky.com moved the article into an archive?

Here is the BBC account of the same story. :flower:

Pink sees red over prince's 'hunt'

_39448241_pink_ap203.jpg

Pop star Pink has fired off a letter to Prince William after hearing how he allegedly killed an antelope during a hunting trip in Kenya.

The US star wrote to the prince, saying she was "disgusted to learn that you kill animals for fun".

The singer was said to be on the prince's wish-list of performers at his 21st birthday party.

The prince has already denied spearing a dik-dik antelope with a Maasai warrior spear while in Kenya, although he does join fox hunts in the UK.

A spokesman for Prince William said he had received the letter and would be responding.

He said: "Prince William did not kill a small deer in Africa and anyone who writes to him, including Pink, will be reassured that it did not happen."

Pink, real name Alecia Moore, is an ardent supporter of the People's Campaign for Ethical Treatment of Animals (Peta), and often speaks out on animal rights issues.

In her letter to Prince William she wrote: "I was happy to hear that I was your first choice to play at your 21st birthday bash - then disgusted to learn that you hunt animals for fun and that you purposely rammed a spear through a tiny deer in Africa."

Leaving aside royal formalities she then went on to ask "Why? Was it some kind of 'trying to prove you're a man' trip?"

But she offered a hand of friendship by suggesting he telephone her for suggestions for alternative leisure activities.

She added: "We can all change and find more interesting things to do with your spare time than kill animals.

"Call me or Peta if you'd like any suggestions. Then maybe I'll come play at your next birthday..."

_39448245_pink_william203.jpg

Originally posted by lasu+Aug 27th, 2003 - 5:54 pm--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lasu @ Aug 27th, 2003 - 5:54 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -sara1981@Aug 27th, 2003 - 5:41 pm
<!--QuoteBegin--thissal
@Aug 27th, 2003 - 1:06 pm
Hi Sara,

Neither one of your two links work????   :eek:  :question:

Sara Boyce
Sara, I had the same problem with your links. Perhaps sky.com moved the article into an archive?

Here is the BBC account of the same story. :flower:

Pink sees red over prince's 'hunt'

_39448241_pink_ap203.jpg

Pop star Pink has fired off a letter to Prince William after hearing how he allegedly killed an antelope during a hunting trip in Kenya.

The US star wrote to the prince, saying she was "disgusted to learn that you kill animals for fun".

The singer was said to be on the prince's wish-list of performers at his 21st birthday party.

The prince has already denied spearing a dik-dik antelope with a Maasai warrior spear while in Kenya, although he does join fox hunts in the UK.

A spokesman for Prince William said he had received the letter and would be responding.

He said: "Prince William did not kill a small deer in Africa and anyone who writes to him, including Pink, will be reassured that it did not happen."

Pink, real name Alecia Moore, is an ardent supporter of the People's Campaign for Ethical Treatment of Animals (Peta), and often speaks out on animal rights issues.

In her letter to Prince William she wrote: "I was happy to hear that I was your first choice to play at your 21st birthday bash - then disgusted to learn that you hunt animals for fun and that you purposely rammed a spear through a tiny deer in Africa."

Leaving aside royal formalities she then went on to ask "Why? Was it some kind of 'trying to prove you're a man' trip?"

But she offered a hand of friendship by suggesting he telephone her for suggestions for alternative leisure activities.

She added: "We can all change and find more interesting things to do with your spare time than kill animals.

"Call me or Peta if you'd like any suggestions. Then maybe I'll come play at your next birthday..."

_39448245_pink_william203.jpg
[/b][/quote]
thanks for info! about bbc article!

i makes skynews articles
http://www.sky.com/article/0,,30100-12748426,00.html about Prince William's reply to Pink!

Sara Boyce

Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 10:54 PM - 12 Reads

Claire Cozens
The Guardian
Tuesday September 2, 2003

Prince Charles' private secretary has admitted St James's Palace has failed to provide the press with enough access to Prince William over the past two years, after the relationship between journalists and the palace threatened to break down. Sir Michael Peat has now promised to give the press information about Prince William at least once a term, in an effort to ease the unrest among tabloid papers over the lack of access to the heir to the throne. In a letter to Les Hinton, the chairman of the newspaper editors' code of practice committee, Sir Michael conceded that not enough material about the prince had been made available since October 2001.

"Steps have been taken to address this and I hope that I am right in thinking that the recent interviews and photographs were generally well received, it is our intention to ensure that information about Prince William is, from now on, made available at least once a term, to reflect the growing interest in Prince William in his own right."

Newspaper editors agreed not to publish paparazzi shots of Prince William during his time at St Andrews university in exchange for access to official photographs and stories. But the agreement threatened to break down earlier this year when the News of the World, frustrated by the lack of official access to the prince, published photographs of him returning from a trip to Tesco laden down with shopping. Prince Charles' aides complained about the story, but the following weekend the Mail on Sunday followed suit with pictures of the prince out walking with a female friend and a story implying the pair enjoyed a close relationship. There was also fierce criticism from the press about the way St James's Palace handled Prince William's 21st birthday interview in May. Tabloid editors reacted furiously after Daily Record editor Peter Cox claimed to have negotiated an exclusive interview, and Prince Charles' PR team was hastily forced to make it more widely available.

"There was a feeling that we had kept our side of the bargain but they had not kept theirs," said one royal correspondent. I think one of the real tests was when the pictures of the prince out shopping were published. That was a real wake-up call for the palace, and to their credit things have improved a lot in the past few months. We got the interview for Prince William's birthday and there has been a lot of access to Prince Harry this year."

Prince Charles' press secretary, Colleen Harris, said the promised access was more likely to consist of photo opportunities than a repeat of the interview the prince gave to mark his 21st birthday.

"It's simply a case of reverting back to the original arrangement we had," she said.

"After the News of the World published its pictures, it looked as though that agreement was in jeopardy. We had never before set out the amount of access that should be provided under that agreement so we now we have said it will be once a term," she added.

Mr Hinton, who is also executive chairman of News International, welcomed Sir Michael's proposal, saying Prince William was a "public figure in his own right for whom a total media blackout would be entirely inappropriate. I can confirm that the industry continues to accept the balance set out in September 2000. We will, of course, continue to respect the privacy of Prince William - as with any student or young person - under the terms of the [PCC] code," he wrote in a letter to Sir Michael.

"And we will continue to ensure that, as far as reasonably possible, a level of restraint is exercised which avoids the creation of a paparazzi market at St Andrews." Many royal correspondents are also concerned about who will replace Ms Harris as Prince Charles' press secretary when she leaves the job at the end of next month.

"That's a real concern. Colleen has been pretty good about making sure we are kept informed and it will be interesting to see who takes over from her," said one.

Mail angers palace with William stories

Claire Cozens
Wednesday September 3, 2003

Prince William: articles allege he killed deer on foreign trips

St James's Palace has written to the editor of the Mail on Sunday to complain about a series of articles accusing Prince William of killing deer, including an endangered species.
Prince Charles's aides contacted Peter Wright about the stories, which sparked a storm of protest from animal rights groups despite a denial from St James's Palace.

The first story, published on August 10, alleged that Prince William had killed a dik-dik dwarf deer - described by the paper as a "bambi-like animal" - with a Masai warrior spear on a recent trip to Kenya.

The palace insisted the story was not true, but it was picked up by media outlets all over the world and provoked widespread condemnation of the prince, including a letter from the pop star Pink urging him to change his ways.

The following week, the Mail on Sunday published a second article claiming Prince William had killed a near extinct species of deer, the huemel, with a morphine-loaded dart gun three years ago.

The story, headlined "Oops, I did it again!", alleged that the prince had accidentally hit an elderly huemel deer with the dart while working on a conservation project during his gap year in Chile.

That story too was denied by the palace, which has confirmed it has written to Wright about the reports.

But the Mail on Sunday is standing by its stories.

"We have responded to St James's Palace and explained that we have first-hand accounts of both incidents and that we have no reason to doubt them," said Wright.

The clash follows a promise from the palace to provide access to the prince at least once a term after newspapers complained they were being frozen out.

Editors agreed to steer clear of paparazzi shots of the prince during his four years at university in exchange for regular updates from the palace.

But the agreement threatened to break down earlier this year when, frustrated by the lack of official access, the News of the World published pictures of the prince carrying his shopping home from Tesco.

Prince Charles' private secretary, Sir Michael Peat, has now promised to provide information on Prince William at least once a term.

· To contact the MediaGuardian newsdesk email editor@mediaguardian.co.uk or phone 020 7239 9857

A schoolboy sparked off a UK-wide terror scare by sending a letter claiming to contain the deadly poison ricin to Prince William, a court has heard.

Paul Smith, 17, also sent a bottle of complimentary aromatherapy oil face rub laced with caustic soda to Cherie Blair at 10 Downing Street. The High Court in Glasgow heard there was a massive security scare across Britain after a flood of letters, some also said to contain anthrax, landed on the desks various officials. Among those receiving packages were the Scottish Parliament, the House of Commons, various police forces and local authority offices, top hotels, and senior officials at St Andrew's University. Kevin McCallum, prosecuting, told the judge, Lord Kingarth, of the fear and terror of some victims who breathed in powder which they thought was either anthrax or ricin. Scores of people had to be decontaminated and buildings evacuated.

The scheme was a hoax invented by a man, whose identity was not given in court, who sent the instructions via email to Smith, a pupil at Dumbarton Academy. One letter to Prince William said it contained ricin, the world's most deadly toxin, adding: "If you smell or touch it you will die."

Another one sent to the St Andrews University art and history department where the prince is studying contained a skull and crossbones with a message which read: "By the time you read this letter you will not be able to breath and will be suffering respiratory failure."

Mr McCallum told how terrified people who had come into contact with the letters were placed in isolation and underwent decontamination. The powders were found to be harmless, but in some cases people did not know this for days. Smith, of 18 High Mains Avenue, Dumbarton, admitted sending a total of eight anthrax letters and 36 ricin letters between August 20, 2001, and February 7, 2002 and committing a breach of the peace. He pleaded guilty to preparing and transmitting the letters whereby the powder inside was deposited and inhaled by people opening them, all to their fear and alarm. Smith also admitted sending two packages to Cherie Blair and Margaret Ashcroft, treasurer of the West Aberdeenshire and Kincardine Liberal Democrat constituency party in February last year.

Smith, who was only 16 at the time, was arrested after analysis of computer material revealed significant e-mail traffic between him and another person. He accepted he was recruited by an older person on the internet.

Mr McCallum said: "This person had instigated a campaign directed against His Royal Highness Prince William and his attendance at the Scottish university." Sentence was deferred for background reports.

I found out in news about him!

but his dad got shock over him Prince Charles wanted him to get duty after Scotland.

http://www.mirror.co.uk please type wills's 2-year Safari

Sara Boyce

I found out in Sun newspaper but William really gets pissed off from Paul Burrell because William told Paul Burrell gets SHUT UP! over William's mom new book! because William got upset of forthcoming book next week monday!

http://www.the-sun.co.uk/article/0,,200349226,00.html

please you read about it!

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by sara1981@Oct 24th, 2003 - 8:48 pm
William Stop the pain.
Poohah, Sara, what pain are you talking about? The mention of Diana's name among people who want to forget she ever existed?

The royals are vindicating this book as quickly as they can while protesting far too much Darl'ng.

See how much better QEII, PP and the POW fare in this book than actual circumstances warrant? They are basking in the limelight while giving statements of protest to young William to read for them as directed. :wacko:

Originally posted by sara1981@Oct 24th, 2003 - 8:48 pm
William stop the pain.
Someone else who wants the "pain" to stop and all reminders of Diana removed is Sara Ferguson.

Earlier, the Duchess of York was also on US TV, giving an interview on CNN's Larry King Live.

"She said Camilla Parker Bowles was a "good lady" whom Diana would have liked."

Excuse me while I take a bulimic break.

There now, much better. At least enough to fortify me for the next onslaught. As Fergie continued in her usual insensitive klutzy way, "she said of Burrell: "I think it's very sad. Here he is, writing a book and making money from memories. She was such a great person and we don't need to know any more."

We don't need to know anymore!!! How many people have lost close loved ones and wanted to know no more about them? It's an oxymoron and Fergie would be far ahead in the credibility department if she'd just say no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom