Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 7: November 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now here is something I found odd.....I see someone has beaten me too the punch ....lol

Neigh! Kate is allergic to horses
Will Prince William have to choose between his beloved polo and Kate Middleton? Her allergic reaction to horses could be a sticking point for the much mooted engagement. Kathy Lette, the Aussie author, attended a polo match recently in which William and Harry were playing, reports Reader’s Digest, and spotted Kate sitting alone in a tent, watching intently. “I’ve got to pay attention to every second,” Kate said. “I’ll be discussing the game in minute detail later on.”
“Why don’t you play polo your-self?” inquired Lette. “I’m allergic to horses,” replied Kate.
How will the putative princess survive in such a horsey household as the Windsors?

:lol: Allergic to horses, she couldn´t even go to watch a polo match if she was, I would translate that into plain English - she doesn´t like horses.
Well being Queen of England is a :nonono: she couldn´t go in the state carriage to a coronation or the opening of parliament,or the trooping of the colour just to name a few royal occupations..... :lol:

Obviously you've never heard of antihistamines.... I'm allergic to cats and rabbits and still am able to stay overnight at friends who own both kinds of animals. You simply take a little pill, which need not even be described by a doctor and you can easily manage for a day or two. And nobody believes that the Windsors actually live in their stables or invite their horses to their breakfast table - now that would be a real problem.

Anyway, I thought Catherine does ride since childhood? At least this has been reported - I think by the Mail? :D

Anyway, I thought Catherine does ride since childhood? At least this has been reported - I think by the Mail? :D

Jo of Palatine - I remember reading in an newspaper article that Catherine learned to ride in recent years. ;)

Well, like I told my friend here. If she did say this I find it odd, because if you don't open your mouth for 6 years and the first time you do this is what comes out. I don't know ... I am a Kate fan but this is well, ODD !!!

I think that the Mail have told us in the past that Kate had taken up riding in the last few years at the urging of her mother but I guess, as has become the norm with them of late, as this information doesn’t really fit with the story they have up today we are meant to forget they ever said that…… that is of course until they want to remind us what a scheming social climber Mrs Middleton is, then it will be brought back up again :rolleyes: :lol:

Oh dear..... I wonder how this author managed to get into the Royal tent, even when the Princes are not in it, there is someone keeping an eye (read guarding) it. Kate has never 'confided anything to anyone outside her circle, afaik. If she was allergic to Horses, me thinks she might have a slight problem travelling home in the car with William afterwards, as the hair, smell etc clings (and gorgeous it is :D).

Allergies need to be confirmed by a pinprick skin test to confirm that the allergy is to horses/hair and not spores and mould from Hay. If it is confirmed, de-sensitising injections over a couple of months can help to overcome the allergy.

As Jo said, antihistamine taken an hour or so before she wanted to ride is also a temporary, short term option.:flowers:

Not that I believe the story in the first place!

It can't be that bad, otherwise Kate wouldn't travel to Cheltenham every year, even without William, and not get anywhere near Zara Phillips.

I highly doubt this is true. And even if it is true, why does it matter? It must be a slow news day if this is what they have to write about...

I guess Kate can't wear anything by Hermes then...:nonono:...too bad...

A word of warning: the “I’m allergic to horses” quote has come from Kathy Lette. Lette, an Australian author now resident in Britain, is notorious here for her efforts at big-noting herself whenever she returns to Australia for a flying visit. She is not averse to making up stories featuring herself and is an avowed republican (although quite pleased, it seems, to mix in royal circles).

The Telegraph now has the whole of the article that the Kathy Lette quote was pulled from. It's not written by Lette, but rather by Rosie Mortimer for Reader's Digest in America. Looks like maybe Mortimer just had a conversation with Lette, who potentially embellished the polo encounter?

Overall, it's quite a good article, I think -- and I can't help but notice that Miguel Head, who works in William and Harry's press office, is quoted on record in it, lending the whole thing a bit more credibility.

Here's the link: Kate Middleton: could the wait be over at last?

Interesting to read it all. "Bride in Waiting" another way of saying Waity Katy to me, but then you all know my opinion. :cool:
The horse allergy was amusing though, true or false, very amusing.:D

Overall, it's quite a good article, I think -- and I can't help but notice that Miguel Head, who works in William and Harry's press office, is quoted on record in it, lending the whole thing a bit more credibility.

He wasn't talking about the alleged conversation with Kathy Lette, he was dispelling the rumours regarding Williams length of service.:flowers:
.... and it was reported that this would be followed by a compulsory seven years of service. But Miguel Head, press secretary to Princes William and Harry, tells me: "That is nonsense. Most officers spend around 30 to 36 months in the Search and Rescue division once they have completed their training."
I have seen Kathy Lette on TV and she is an absolute scream. I thought she was a brilliant comedienne and it would IMO, be just like her to invent a little snippet such as the 'I'm allergic to horses'.:D

The Telegraph now has the whole of the article that the Kathy Lette quote was pulled from. It's not written by Lette, but rather by Rosie Mortimer for Reader's Digest in America. Looks like maybe Mortimer just had a conversation with Lette, who potentially embellished the polo encounter?

Alot of the article is written content of photos that were published: I recall a pic showing Catherine alone in a small tent at a polo match, sitting there and watching intendly. There was a pic showing her with perfect make-up after a night out and in the article it was claimed that she always refreshes her make-up before leaving a club. So it's all recycled info and I seriously doubt the allergy part.

This article says absolutely nothing at all that hasn't been said 20 times over or that could not have been guessed by anyone on this forum.

Also Ella, since you don't live in the UK you might not know the recent turmoils that have happened within the Telegraph newspaper (wait a bit, Moderators, this isn't completely OT as you will see).
The majority of the veteran journalists who once made that newspaper reputation have been made redundant to save on funds and replaced by young, cheaper hacks (the author of the article you linked admits to be in her twenties, it's telling) who are rewarded according to how much hits their articles get.
Translation: The Telegraph is now a glorified tabloid. I think you should know that because since this paper was once prestigious, people might give more credibility to its articles than it deserves.

I expect more filler articles on the Royals as the recession is expected by expert to hit the UK worst than other European countries. I suppose their will be need to entertain the gloomy masses.

If the alleged conversation did take place, and Kate said to Kathy Lette "I'm allergic to horses" in answer to the question "Why don't you play polo yourself", it's quite possible she was speaking metaphorically. It would be a clever answer to give, I think.

Actually, I could well imagine Lette, as one of the authors of the novel "Puberty Blues", asking such a question if she had the chance, and I think it is a very reasonable question to ask. I liken the glammed up girls who sit and watch their boyfriends playing polo to the girls who sat on the beach watching the boys surfing in the 60s and 70s and waiting on them hand and foot, etc. when they came out of the water. The feminist in me used to think it was sexist and demeaning must be boring and thought they should get into the water and surf themselves. Times have changed and now lots of girls do surf alongside the boys.

Puberty Blues (1981) - australian screen

From the horse's mouth, so to speak (the content may shock some gentle readers, but Kathy explains the story in her own words): Kathy Lette:

He wasn't talking about the alleged conversation with Kathy Lette, he was dispelling the rumours regarding Williams length of service.:flowers:

Yes, I know -- I was referring to the article as a whole, not to the specific "allergic to horses" bit.

New pictures of William and Kate together have been released; they were taken as the couple left Tom's Kitchen in London this weekend. Here's the post from my blog.

Those are the first pictures since the first week of January. They're getting really good at avoiding the media, it seems.

Lunch and a romantic royal movie? Excellent credit-crunch date, Wills. ;) :D

Ah I was wondering when we were going to see them again!!!!

It certainly is, Amelia! :)

That's a date like "the rest of us" would have.:flowers: Very nice to see. They look like they didn't expect to be photographed, either. They're dressed casually.

Lunch and a romantic royal movie? Excellent credit-crunch date, Wills. ;) :D

I'd say they definitely didn't expect to see the cameras there, based on their facial expressions and the way they're trying to shield themselves from being photographed.

It's pictures like these that make me torn as a royal watcher. I'm always happy to see William and Kate out and about, doing their thing, but being photographed like that when you're just trying to spend some casual time with your significant other must be miserable. I'm excited for the days when William (and possibly Kate, too) is more publicly visible doing official duties, so we don't have to catch glimpses of him mainly through paparazzi photos.

They don't seem to happy about the cameras being there (I wouldn't be either).

I feel sorry for them in a way. It can't be easy having such a high-profile relationship.

I think she's really pretty. She's got beautiful eyes. I bet the candid camera shots don't do her justice.

Her hair looks shorter and smoother. I dunno, but I think she has some sort of *geisha complex* walking behind him.... or his step is really long and she has a hard time catching up wit him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom