Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 7: November 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, he looks exactly like my god-brother with his glasses on, it's a little freaky haha but nice to see them together.

I like William without the beard and the glasses make him look extra cute. I think this was a private getaway for the two to make up for possible minimum time they will spend together in the months to come.

I LOVE him with glasses! So this lodge where they stay, is not the same as that "tam na ghar" or something?

I LOVE him with glasses! So this lodge where they stay, is not the same as that "tam na ghar" or something?

According to the Balmoral homepage, there are several lodges and cottages on the estate which is pretty large. IIRC it's a 10 minutes drive from Balmoral Castle to Birkhall, about 7 miles in distance. It makes sense that William stays with his parents when they are all in Scotland, as he stays with them when he is in London as well. We've seen pics of Catherine leaving Clarence House, so I don't understand why it is such a big deal that she stayed with William in Scotland in his parent's house? I'm afraid I have yet to see clear evidence that something's going on, even though I love to speculate.:whistling:

Tam na Ghar is a 3 bedroom former Gamekeepers cottage and was given to William by the QM. :flowers:

Well that is different, a lovely little place and a nice place to get a way from prying eyes.

By the Way Sky what does Tam na Ghar mean?

By the Way Sky what does Tam na Ghar mean?
I can't think of an exact translation and I am not a fluent Gaelic speaker. The nearest we can come up with is Tamh is a dwelling and Ghar is a garden, so A garden Dwelling. :ermm::D:flowers: Another 'translation' could apparently be Tam - Steward.
Now if you had asked me what Camus na Crois meant!:lol:

Thanks Sky, I thought it might mean "Love Nest" :lol:

It looks like the two of them had a good holiday in Scotland. Very relaxed and happy. Just the kind of holiday needed before Prince William goes off to the RAF.

Tam na Ghar. THats for the photo. I wonder if Wills took Kate here, and not the lodge in the press photograph. It looks wonderfully cosy with all those fireplaces. Hope its got mod. amenities?

From the Mail:Who's that girl? Harry's mystery Chelsy substitute is revealed as... his 16 year old cousin | Mail Online

"Kate Middleton will not be prosecuted for using her mobile phone while driving. In October, Prince William's girlfriend, who was 27 yesterday, was pictured in her Audi hatchback near her family home in Berkshire.
The offence automatically carries a £60 fine and three penalty points. But the Thames Valley force said yesterday that it had taken no further action."

The information was carefully put at the end of an article about Harry inviting Lady Eliza Spencer out - my guess is that it could not be proven by police that Catherine actually committed the offence, thus she was not fined. But the way it is worded implies that she had been given a privilege by the police which I personally think is unfair because had she been given it, the headlines would be completely different, the Mail would of course report about that in a way people notice.

The information was carefully put at the end of an article about Harry inviting Lady Eliza Spencer out - my guess is that it could not be proven by police that Catherine actually committed the offence, thus she was not fined.
It was always going to be near impossible to prove anything. A couple of ambiguous stills pictures can't be sufficient.
To put things in perspective, Kate Moss was filmed taking drugs and no charge were brought because that wasn't sufficient proof.
But the way it is worded implies that she had been given a privilege by the police which I personally think is unfair because had she been given it, the headlines would be completely different, the Mail would of course report about that in a way people notice.
Had she been given special treatment, it would have been unlikely anyone came forward and admitted it.
In this case though, I just think it was a case of case being dropping because the evidences were not damming enough.

If William spend the night over Kate's family house wasn't suppose to have some body - guards around it??

If William spend the night over Kate's family house wasn't suppose to have some body - guards around it??
if you take a look at the Daily Mail line in post #167, there appeared to have a Range Rover following William's car, assuming to be his security.

Not really "swapped his RAF digs" if all he did was rent another house in addition to base housing.

Not really "swapped his RAF digs" if all he did was rent another house in addition to base housing.

Prince William seems to be very fond of certain luxuries.:ermm:

Seems so. The Sun article, on the face of it, makes it out that William wanted another house so that friends and his girlfriend could come visit him, but the source also admits that William thought "the room is not up to scratch."

As much as these princes talk about wanting to be normal, they're still privileged men used to privileged things.

I got the impression that the "not up to scratch" comment was directed at not being suitable for having guests in it. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom