Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 6: August-November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
by Villemann Don't worry about the monarchy of the 21st century. There won't be one - anywhere - unless the next generation of young royals understand that in our day and time it is no longer enough to show up and look good. Sometimes one gets the impression that some of these young royals actually don't care about the institutions they represent.

I guess that's the sad truth Villemann - couldn't agree more. The British monarchy is one of the strongest around but the higher you are up there (current monarch couple - flawless icons) the deeper the fall (via Charles down to William - he will be another "King against his will" like some others of the younger royal generation).

William doesn't have to be a king against his will. He doesn't have to be king at all. There is nothing to stop him from stepping aside if he doesn't like the future forecast. There are some that feel the younger generation of royalty should be more modern and more in tune with their subjects, then in the next breath, accuse them of not acting very royally. We can't have it both ways, folks. They can't act royal and common at the same time, it just doesn't work. There was a time, not so very long ago when William and Kate were accused of being too stuffy and boring. Now they are accused of being too wild and boozy. Can't please everyone, it seems.

Very true, kimebear, especially since this was actually William's first club visit this year. The other "parties" they attended were charity balls. And Kate has been out a handful of times within the last 8 months - hardly too much partying, IMO. I think the "problem" if there is one, is not that they party too much (they don't) but that there's not much information in the public realm when it comes to their "work" or better his preparation to become King. We don't get pics of William working with the military very often or see what he does as his "job" neither do we know what Kate does during her days. The only information we get is when they are on their sparetime vacationing or partying because that's the info the press can get its hands on... hence the impression one gets is that they do nothing but party because it's either no info or party pics...

I am shocked. Not by Kate´s entrance into the car, in fact it wasn´t that undignified at all, what an exaggeration. No, what shocked me is that beautiful Prince William is going to be bald and very soon.... what a shame.

Poor guy. He started losing his hair some time ago. Its rough when that happens to such a young man.

Poor guy. He started losing his hair some time ago. Its rough when that happens to such a young man.

Shall we write and suggest implants Kime? No, perhaps we had better not, he might not appreciate it.... :whistling:

I wouldn't blame him. Still, he is a good looking enough even with the thinning hair.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Villemann
Well, with sites like The Kate & Wills Update, I guess there is an never ending demand for pictures of the two lovebirds!

Yeah, I don't think my little blog, which is as much about the media coverage of the two of them as it is about William and Kate, is really driving up the need for paparazzi photos.

I am shocked. Not by Kate´s entrance into the car, in fact it wasn´t that undignified at all, what an exaggeration. No, what shocked me is that beautiful Prince William is going to be bald and very soon.... what a shame.

You and me both, Menarue! The teenage girl inside of me that had such a crush on Prince William is totally disappointed by his hair's abdication. :D

Speaking of which does baldness stop at a certain point or does everyone who have it completely lose their hair..sorry if that sounds dumb but I know nothing about it.

It depends what sort of baldness, but most bald people have some hair. Prince Charles and the Duke of Kent are both bald but have hair.

It depends what sort of baldness, but most bald people have some hair. Prince Charles and the Duke of Kent are both bald but have hair.

Not bald - just an extremely high hairline. :D:whistling::D

Well, if male pattern baldness is supposed to be inherited from the mother's family, Diana's father had a sort of receding hairline with an exaggerated widow's peak, I think.

It looks like William will be going bald in the front also. I was hopeing it would be just like Charles just in the back because when me go bald in the front they look much older just like Edward.

If it doesn't bother William too much, why should it bother anybody else. How attractive a man is has very little to do with the number of hairs on his head in my opinion.Selfconfidence is more sexy than hair.
I must admit that the men surronding me, at work and in private, are not perfect any of them. Some are bald, some have hair all over their bodies, some have big ears ,some have a little "beer belly", some a slightly bigger one, and some even have "man boobs" ;) Nevertheless, I find a couple of them rather attractive and therefore I don't see that William has lost so much of his looks either. He is a fine man,he is :)

Question about this topic: if he loose his hair then he will be the first bald king?

Btw. there was once discussion about his bald.

Are there any new engagements for him in near future?

I was shocked at the photo of them in the car with no seat belts fastened ( the final one in the series from the Daily Mail entitled "Tight Squeeze. ") Surely William of all people has learned the necessity of seat belt use.

Are there any new engagements for him in near future?
I just went to the official site to look at the calendar, and I didn't see any upcoming official visits for him; I also didn't see any events for the Queen and Prince Philip until 9 November 2008. That's odd. Aren't they usually back from Balmoral no later than mid-September??? I guess their schedules have not yet been completely entered into the calendar.

I'm secretly hoping that some major announcement is due this fall, but I highly doubt it.:D

I was shocked at the photo of them in the car with no seat belts fastened ( the final one in the series from the Daily Mail entitled "Tight Squeeze. ") Surely William of all people has learned the necessity of seat belt use.

The car does not appear to be moving, they merely seem to be getting into the car - so I guess it is prior to seatbelt time

God bless our british press..they are a drama queen!!!:rolleyes:..poor william is just trying to get into the car but i guess our press wouldnt be so great if they didnt make a big deal out of everything!!!;):rolleyes:

The car does not appear to be moving, they merely seem to be getting into the car - so I guess it is prior to seatbelt time

I hope you are right but most people buckle up as soon as they are seated, prior to moving.

Luv2Cruise, I too would LOVE a major Fall announcement.:whistling::lol:

Yeah...right in the middle of the top of his head.:D I dont' care; I think that William's gorgeous anyway.:)

Perhaps we could call it a very wide parting. :angel:
I don´t think he´s gorgeous but he should wear his navy uniform more often. :D

The old "Kate get a job" story is back - various sources claim that HM is worried about Kate's workshy image and wants her to do something about it:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24233303-12377,00.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1048599/And-DO-Queen-wants-Kate-Middleton-charity-job-counter-claims-workshy.html

"Waity Katies" image is clearly not what royal watchers have in mind for William's future bride - many people think she's lazy etc and unless she does something to prove otherwise the stigma will stick.

It's Katie Nicholl and her lack of legitimate royal scoop that's fueling these stories. So instead she tends to latch on her old jobless stories (can't even remember Party Pieces correctly), her partying stories (has Kate been seen out that many times... really?), her shopping stories (when was the last time she was snapped shopping?), her Clarence House gym story (eh.. Kate has spent more time in Berkshire recently) and her free clothes story (never been proven). I don't think the inner circle of the RF are in fact against Kate. Otherwise she would have done something a long time ago. The sad part is the media's influence on the people. Hopefully they learn to filter what they read.

As for Katie Nicholl, I think her royal sources have dried up as shown in her many false predictions as of late, so she has to resort to juicy nonsense to sell papers.

I'm starting to think Ms Katie Nicholl wishes she is the Kate in Williams life. I have never seen this many rehashed innuendos given as facts since the months following Diana's death. She is totally talking out of both sides of her mouth. On one hand, Kate Middleton is portrayed as irresponsible and free loading, then the last few sentences make it look like Clarence House is responsible for her turning down work. So which side is true? Ms Nicholl failed to investigate who at CH dared to defy the Queen and gave Ms Middleton bad advise.;)

I found that contradiction as well. So the Queen wants Kate to work but CH tells her not to? :rolleyes: Also if Kate is going to get engaged around Christmas like the article claims why should she start a job now? Isn't it a little too late for that? Who'd employ her for merely 4 or 5 moonths and what would that change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom