Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 5: June-August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the detective work and posts are really intriguing and informative but Incas had the funniest line!:lol:

Kate's family seem to be on holiday with them and I may be wrong by it looks like Pippa that is out on the rings with William, along with James not Kate.

6 photos: Will und Kate auf Liebeswellen - Bilder - BUNTE

I think the unity and closeness of the Middleton family is a major plus for William's serious relationship with Kate. Obviously they had to form their relationship based on friendship and romantic interests but for a guy like William who has probably never known a true nuclear family without all the drama, their welcome must just add to Kate's allure.

I predict that if Kate and William do marry, this will be one Royal pair who does not focus all their private time on the Royal Family but will be actively involved with her family as well. Holiday tradition may dictate , for example Christmas at Windsor or Sandringham, but the rest of the holiday will be split with the Middletons or they will be part of the Royal festivities as well.

At any rate, it is obvious that William enjoys, if not cherishes, time with them and this can only strengthen the couple's relationship.

I I predict that if Kate and William do marry, this will be one Royal pair who does not focus all their private time on the Royal Family but will be actively involved with her family as well. Holiday tradition may dictate , for example Christmas at Windsor or Sandringham, but the rest of the holiday will be split with the Middletons or they will be part of the Royal festivities as well.

Good thought about the future BRF Holiday traditions.

Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall I feel with have different traditions then the present monarch. When Charles becomes King things with be run differently for the Holidays. I think Camilla's children will be included.

Even now Prince Harry does his own thing for Holidays. And Catherine is very, very close to her family. Things will be different.:flowers:

The timing for such breaks are good for William and Kate. The blue water and sun must really be warm to the soul. I'm glad to see them out enjoying a break although there are pictures being taken, they take me back in nostalgia. I love when we romance with the Earth and all its natural beauty. I hope they had a good time. I'm glad for them. May they enjoy more such pass times. They are something to envy; in a good way.

Some of these pictures look like they were taken when they stayed on the island the last time. William still is wearing those same blue trunks from the last time.

Kate and William show off their Royal tans as they hit the London club scene
Kate and William show off their Royal tans as they hit the London club scene | Mail Online

Yeah, straight back from vacation to clubbing and booze. I am surprised that there are still people out there who don't understand why these two have a serious image problem. Unfortunately William is not Joe Average who enjoys his clubbing after work or a rich celebrity but he behaves as if he was, including the carefree trophy girlfriend. If this is supposed to be the royalty of the 21st century I hope that society will get rid of them quickly.

Yes, Prince William and Miss Middleton can go to a night club and have good time as any other rich young people do. The problem is that Prince William represents the societal institution and, thus, is not supposed to do such things at the times of economic recession... or, let us say, is supposed to do such things in more discreet manner. Could Prince Charles explain it to his son?

perhaps we need some links of prince charles early years photos for comparison;) he cut a swath through the party scene too, with different girls across the globe. they're young, in love and having fun, it's what young people do every chance they get (i'm not so old i don't remember) but Al bina has in my opinion correctly pointed out they are not just any privileged couple.

the disconnect with their life and the average person (not in their social circle) is stark and the contrast is dark, william needs to tone it down IMO when people have BIG worries like forclosure, dropping wages, inflation and buying school supplies, seeing your party prince on the front page is not a good thing. instead of vacations, nightclubs till 4 and polo playing, perhaps a drop in at a low income school with supplies, or visit to elderly homes with a stipend for electricity this winter, would play a little better in the paper, that said i suppose it's none of my business being a Texan with no horse in the barn:whistling:.

i myself, prefer friends, drinks and good food at my house or theirs, i was tired of the nightclub scene before i hit 25, loud music, drunk strangers, sweaty dancers and shallow people have no appeal JMO

OMG he is so bald!!! i'm shocked i don't think i realized.....oh my...
kate looks pretty, it's amazing how good a real tan looks as opposed to those tragic orange tints i keep seeing. when does his next crash course in the military begin?

Yeah, straight back from vacation to clubbing and booze. I am surprised that there are still people out there who don't understand why these two have a serious image problem. Unfortunately William is not Joe Average who enjoys his clubbing after work or a rich celebrity but he behaves as if he was, including the carefree trophy girlfriend. If this is supposed to be the royalty of the 21st century I hope that society will get rid of them quickly.

Don't worry about the monarchy of the 21st century. There won't be one - anywhere - unless the next generation of young royals understand that in our day and time it is no longer enough to show up and look good. Paris Hilton nailed that corner of the market a long time ago! We are facing the same issues with the Danish Royal family. where our Crown Prince likes his fun much more than his duties! Sometimes one gets the impression that some of these young royals actually don't care about the institutions they represent.

! Sometimes one gets the impression that some of these young royals actually don't care about the institutions they represent.

Unfortunately I think you are right.

perhaps we need some links of prince charles early years photos for comparison;) he cut a swath through the party scene too, with different girls across the globe. they're young, in love and having fun, it's what young people do every chance they get (i'm not so old i don't remember) but Al bina has in my opinion correctly pointed out they are not just any privileged couple....snipped

Charles definitely enjoyed his fun in his day as well.:lol: Of course the press is so much more intrusive now than it was then. This is the latest press release for William's future activities:

The Prince of Wales - Prince William: Military Secondments in Autumn, 2008

I think that Prince Charles was much more discreet than his sons. Lots of people seemed to be very much surprised when they first heard about Camilla (and others of course).

William and Kate have also been dating for five years. That is quite long by British royal standards. The length of the relationship, while I think quite a good indicator of durability for a future marriage, opens them up for intense scrutiny. In times past, they would already be married with children by now.

I think that Prince Charles was much more discreet than his sons. Lots of people seemed to be very much surprised when they first heard about Camilla (and others of course).

The press was much less invasive then, too. He wasn't constantly followed by cameras like these two are.

The press was much less invasive then, too. He wasn't constantly followed by cameras like these two are.

Well, with sites like The Kate & Wills Update, I guess there is an never ending demand for pictures of the two lovebirds!

Yes, that's the media and journalism for you. Always looking to make a quick buck off of the lives of public figures.

Yes, that's the media and journalism for you. Always looking to make a quick buck off of the lives of public figures.

Yeah I know! Everybody has to mack a buck or two out of the royals - even the proprietor of this forum!

William owes this "celebrity" status to his parents, IMO. They "celebritized" the Windsors. Before Diana and Charles there was always a certain respectful distance kept towards the RF until the Wales' decided to air their dirty laundry in public. And Will and Harry (and their respective girlfriends) are the first generation who has to pay the price. It's ironic really...

Yeah I know! Everybody has to mack a buck or two out of the royals - even the proprietor of this forum!

Well actually he's not making a profit I believe. In case you're not aware, it takes money to run a forum like this, to keep the servers and the software up to date, etc. Of course, this is a dynamic website, and we have over 25,000 registered users, and none of them have had to pay for the pleasure of reading the content on this website.

I agree. Once people appear on t.v. and in magazines a lot, they become celebrities. Whatever is seen on t.v. is received passively and becomes, in effect, entertainment.

William owes this "celebrity" status to his parents, IMO. They "celebritized" the Windsors. Before Diana and Charles there was always a certain respectful distance kept towards the RF until the Wales' decided to air their dirty laundry in public. And Will and Harry (and their respecitve girlfriends) are the first generation who has to pay the price. It's ironic really...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom