Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 5: June-August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my I have to tell my husband about this. Tell him that he probably doesn't love me. I always have to walk really fast, almost run, to keep up with him. Except from that he's a great guy, though.
I have not seen any journalist or commentator picking up on this, have they not understood the seriousness of it? Please!

Actually I believe that royals don´t think of these things, wasn´t there a story when a heavily pregnant Sarah Ferguson fell and her husband looked amazed while his aides helped her up? There was a funny occasion with Edward VII when in the US, he advanced to an elevator and at the same time another portly gentleman advanced and they bumped fat tummies. It must have been hard for the people around not to laugh out loud.
BTW Atina, my husband has crossed a busy road and then looked back to see if I had managed to cross it.....my cousin looked back once and saw that there was someone fallen in the middle of the road, he nudged his wife to look - and then noticed she was missing, no need to guess who was lying in the middle of the road. A man thing methinks (sorry guys).

Do you mean from this, that my husband, for all these years has also been committing some unspoken slight or sin?

I will tell him, when I catch up! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

There was a funny occasion with Edward VII when in the US...
When did Edward VII visit the USA.
I know he went there as POW but that was long before he became portly in 1860. I was under the impression that that was the only time he went there but will stand corrected on that if you could give me a date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even before we were married, my husband would never think about walking 5 paces in front of me if we were attending a public function together. Especially if he was being honored and I was accompanying him, and in spite of the fact that he is almost a foot taller than I am and takes much longer strides. IMO, it would serve William well to act with more consideration to Kate in public since he is putting her there and she will suffer all the criticism of her appearance if any faux pas are made. I'm appalled if the story about Prince Andrew is true. How do you not run to assist your pregnant wife if she falls?

All I see is William walking really fast to get past the photographers and then turn around to Kate to continue down the hall way with her. I do not see this as a sign for him not paying enough attention to her or whatever else some may interpret into this.

I'm not married myself, but whenever my family and I would go out anywhere, my dad was always about 10 steps ahead of us.....and we're all walking at the same speed. He's just a lot taller and takes bigger steps. So he gets farther, faster. It doesn't mean he doesn't love us or can't wait to get away from us. The same as this doesn't mean William doesn't love Kate.

I really think people reach for stories sometimes.

That video is so cute, especially the footage with Diana.

I really think people reach for stories sometimes.
Totally agree. But some people will accuse Kate Middleton of daring to use oxygen when she breathes. I'm sure she and William have a good laugh about it. I know I do.:lol:

while i don't think it's a sign of him not loving her....i think any man with good manners would walk at a pace that's comfortable for the person that he's with.

No, it is not a sign he does not love her, i think he was just uncomfortable with the press there, he wanted to hurry up and get passed them , which I think is kind of sad he was obviously not thinking about her right at that moment, but I don't live with constant press attention, so who knows how I would act if that was me, The way he is moving his hands around near the end he was really uncomfortable, and it is so clear. Great video though, thanks for posting.

i seriously can not believe he has finished his time with the Navy already, i mean he has only been on the ship for a few weeks, talk about a token effort. If he insists on being part of the Navy he should stick at it for a relatively substanial time period.

He doesn't insist on being a part of the Navy. He wants to learn the most important about all the armed forces, to get an overview. As a King that will be good for him, but he doesn't have to know every detail of their job.I don't understand why you can't believe that he has finished his time in the Navy. It was made totally clear from the start that it would last two months, five of the weeks on the Duke Iron. Today is five weeks since he entered that ship. No surprise that he is finished then, is it.

i seriously can not believe he has finished his time with the Navy already, i mean he has only been on the ship for a few weeks, talk about a token effort. If he insists on being part of the Navy he should stick at it for a relatively substantial time period.
I agree, a token effort with the RAF and an even smaller effort with the Navy. He would have learned more about each from spending time on the various bases, but that wouldn't have been half the fun. :rolleyes:

Por William

Well, these "assignments" are really just photo-op's aren't they?Don't blame William, though. Blame the palace. They should come up with something a little bit more plausible than the heir to the throne chasing drug runners in the Caribbean!:flowers:

He doesn't insist on being a part of the Navy...
My point, which you semed to miss, was that i think the time is to short, im not shocked he's finished becuase we knew the time he would be on board, im shocked its over becasue it seems to have been very fast.
As for saying "he wants to learn the most important parts" - will that stop him in years to come saying "when i was in the navy?" No it wont he'll still say that and by then the palaces will hope we'll have forgotten it was only for five weeks.
And may i suggest that you learn about the military before saying "the most important parts". My dad and sister are in the RAF but aren't pilots, so by your reckoning that means they aren't important. Without people doing the "boring" paperwork, such as pay etc the pilots wouldn't fly. Thats what you and Prince William seem to forget, the flying is glamourous, and yes the pilots are very brave but there is more to the RAF than just pilots. But then working in an office would make such good pictures now would it. :whistling:
I dont have a problem with William being in the millitary, indeed i love the idea, but don't insult our intelligence and don't insult the serving men and women by saying that a two months with each service is 'being part of the military.' If he is going to do it he should do it properly - a year in each service say? Just my opinion

Well, these "assignments" are really just photo-op's aren't they?Don't blame William, though. Blame the palace. They should come up with something a little bit more plausible than the heir to the throne chasing drug runners in the Caribbean!:flowers:

His father for a full year served as commanding officer of a mineunter (HMS Bronington), not in the warm waters of the Caribbean but in the rough sea of the North and Baltic Seas.... There he learned how to take full responsibility for the welfare of his subordinates - which is something yet missing in William's CV.

Of course every member of the armed services is important. It only works with the cooperation of everyone involved doing their part. William's predicament however is that, even though office work is as equally necessary as flying, it also opens him up to other kinds of criticism. Imagine a photo of William behind a desk processing purchase orders. The next day you would see public comment screaming that he is too cowardly to take on the more aggressive assignments. It is a da**ed if he does and da**ed if he doesn't situation.

He also doesn't really have the time to "do it properly". William has been schooling in one form or another for quite some time now. He has a degree from St. Andrews, his years at Sandhurst (something Charles doesn't have), his time with the army and now the naval stint. Besides which, we now have the announcement that he is going to start his "king's internship", and the fair expectation that Kate is going to want a wedding sooner rather than later. Before we know it, William will be 30 and carrying out official royal duties. Leave the heavy military duties to Harry who seems to excel in it and does not have the responsibilities that William does.:flowers:

He is supposed to an Army guy part of the reason for the short time in the other two services and that Prince Charles wanted him to start royal duties as soon as possible because William had not done many royal duties from 2001 through the end of this year. Due to University and Military which means for six years he as been doing many royal duties. He has done only 51 royal duties in that time since he was in Uni or the military.

The fact that William's time with the armed forces has been differerent than that of his father and other royal men, tells me that they have come to the conclusion that another way of doing things than the tradisional one would be better for William.Maybe when Charles is thinking back on his training, there are things he would have done differently. Maybe he'd rather do other things than spend 7 years in the Navy. Maybe all the experience they all hve together has told them that a change for William would be the smartest?

Prince William and Kate Middleton together with Prince Harry at the Dalwhinnie Crook Charity Polo Match, Gloucestershire. Prince William who has just returned from a week's holiday in the Carribbean with girlfriend Kate Middleton, teamed up with brother Prince Harry. Prince Charles made it a family day out, by also attending. June 1 2008
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8955/bewa67930sr8.jpg http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5867/bewa67926uo4.jpg http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3002/bewa67925li7.jpg http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4631/bewa6792ewu6.jpg http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7459/bewa6792dis3.jpg http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3951/200861rd8.jpg

Wow! Kate looks so pretty!Its nice to see them both together again after his stint in the navy.Thanks a lot for the photos

One wonders how Kate feels about all this navy and army stuf keeping her boyfriend away for weeks on end. Can a girl not born and bred as a princess accept that her beloved has to go away so much? It must be difficult not only for Kate but for all those commoners, who fall in love with princes because the lifestyle is so entirely different.

One wonders how Kate feels about all this navy and army stuf keeping her boyfriend away for weeks on end. Can a girl not born and bred as a princess accept that her beloved has to go away so much?
Plenty of couples manage to live fulfilled and happy lives with a partner whose work takes them away for weeks or months at a time. Not just in the military but in mines and on oil rigs etc.
Villemann said:
It must be difficult not only for Kate but for all those commoners, who fall in love with princes because the lifestyle is so entirely different.
Same goes for anyone whose marriage involves a radical change of lifestyle. Everyone who enters into a marriage has to give a little to get a lot. Some people have to give more than others and that is a personal choice.

PRINCE William’s girlfriend Kate Middleton amazed airline staff by refusing an upgrade to first class. She insisted on being treated as a regular passenger when she flew to Barbados to meet Wills. The humble 26-year-old then asked British Airways cabin crew: “Please call me Kate.”
Is it Kate or Catherine? I wish they would make up their minds.

Kate's in a class of her own | The Sun |News|Royals

If the Sun story is correct, I think Kate - or Catherine - is sending a great signal here:"No special favours thank you." Lets hope she keeps it up after she has been to St. Paul's!

One wonders how Kate feels about all this navy and army stuf keeping her boyfriend away for weeks on end. Can a girl not born and bred as a princess accept that her beloved has to go away so much? It must be difficult not only for Kate but for all those commoners, who fall in love with princes because the lifestyle is so entirely different.

Ask any Army wife how this is... without the gimmicks. Or the wife of any career employee... Or the wife of a craftman away on a rigging assignment... There are soo many women who have to face regular times of absence of their husband, that it doesn't really seem to be worth mentioning, especially not nowadays with the internet and cell phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom