Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 4: February-May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

Heir Apparent
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia
Welcome to part 4 of the Prince William and Kate Middleton
current events thread: February 2008

Part 3 (January 2008) can be found here.

This is a current-events thread. It isn't a thread to dissect Kate's wardrobe - if you want to talk about her fashion, there's a thread in the House of Fashion.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/kate-middleton-s-fashion-style-7409.html

It also isn't a thread to carry on about old photos or the perennial "Kate should get a real job, Kate isn't fit to be a princess, Kate is so awful, Kate should just drop dead" stuff that's been rehashed time and again already. We've already had the previous edition of this thread derailed into all sorts of off-topic nonsense, and I really don't want to see it happening here.

I've just deleted a bunch of posts about Kate's fashion choices over the last few years. Now, back on topic, please.

Elspeth

British forums moderator

*wanders over to the old thread with a large pair of pruning shears*

Last edited:
I was absent for some time soo forgive me.

Stupid question but are they still together?

umm.. it may have been in April, but it doesn't seem like it was that long ago.

They broke-up in April but were back together again by min-June.

:rolleyes: Can the English media not give it a rest and just wait what will happen? Why do they always have to get ahead of themselves and of William and Kate? Ever since those two left university the press has been speculating about an "imminent engagement". Yet, two years later they are still "only" dating and obviously in no hurry to the altar and why should they be? They broke up last spring, less than a year ago. They have deliberately kept a low profile since their reunion and the press apparently still didn't get the hint and writes about an "imminent engagement". I'd be so annoyed if I were William and Kate.

William and Kate TV Special: Do not Broadcast until 2009?

The Royalist - William & Kate TV Special: Do Not Broadcast Until 2009?

Joanne Leyland of the Royalsit really ries to write an elegant style but I cannot read her articles anymore because she always makes a three page piece from a tiny bit of information on rehashing preferably things to do with Diana - and most of the time they are only related to the topic at hand by the absolute minimum. It's so boring. Why mention in this case the engagement of Charles and Diana back in 1981? Such old, old news!

They broke up last spring, less than a year ago. They have deliberately kept a low profile since their reunion and the press apparently still didn't get the hint and writes about an "imminent engagement". I'd be so annoyed if I were William and Kate.

I believe that they "broke up" because they wanted to figure out if the media would leave Catherine alone after the break. When it turned out she would be in the news no matter what because she had already won a high enough profile on her own, they "hooked up again" and are trying now the low profile line. IMHO William wanted to give a bit of the lost privacy back to Catherine but now he (and his family) stand by her through attending semi-public occasions together.

:rolleyes: Can the English media not give it a rest and just wait what will happen? Why do they always have to get ahead of themselves and of William and Kate? Ever since those two left university the press has been speculating about an "imminent engagement". Yet, two years later they are still "only" dating and obviously in no hurry to the altar and why should they be? They broke up last spring, less than a year ago. They have deliberately kept a low profile since their reunion and the press apparently still didn't get the hint and writes about an "imminent engagement". I'd be so annoyed if I were William and Kate.
I don’t think the media really care if they are about to get engaged soon or if they plan on waiting, as long as people are interested enough to keep reading what their producing they will continue to do so. I doubt the speculation will stop until they officially announce something. Of course if they do get married, the press will then start speculating on Kate being pregnant until she finally does have their first child and then they will probably start speculating on problems that they are having in their marriage, until they go back to speculating on her second pregnancy and so on. :rolleyes:

Joanne Leyland of the Royalsit really ries to write an elegant style but I cannot read her articles anymore because she always makes a three page piece from a tiny bit of information on rehashing preferably things to do with Diana - and most of the time they are only related to the topic at hand by the absolute minimum. It's so boring. Why mention in this case the engagement of Charles and Diana back in 1981? Such old, old news!

I absolutely agree with you Jo, I can't read it anymore. Half a paragraph of information becomes three pages and Diana,regardless of topic, will have to be mentioned. :rolleyes: I must say the comments section also puts me off her site.
Thankfully I have better sources to get my royal news.

Honestly, it's like herding butterflies, trying to keep this thread on topic.:bang:
:butterfly: :butterfly::butterfly:

If William and Kate don't have any joint events for the moment, then there's no need to post to the thread until they do. We have the "Public's expectation of Kate as William's Girlfriend" thread for more general comments - as long as they don't turn into the sort of mean-spirited bitching that was beginning to characterise the previous current events thread.

................... :butterfly:

Also, could we please get off the subject of criticising other royalty-related websites? It doesn't give us a lot of credibility if we need to complain about criticism of TRF at other places if we're happily doing the same thing here.

:butterfly: ................................................................ :butterfly:

Please note our rule:
  • Discussion of other forums should be limited to royal-related content. We do not allow criticism of other forums or continuation of disagreements that started elsewhere.
Thank you. :butterfly:.................:butterfly:

Elspeth

British forums moderator :butterfly:

Last edited:
And here I thought that "herding cats" was difficult. :lol: You have your work cut out for you, Elspeth.:flowers:

Honestly, it's like herding butterflies, trying to keep this thread on topic.:bang:
:butterfly: :butterfly::butterfly:

According to the Sunday Mirror ( I don't know how to link), the couple are on the rocks yet again. Says they have had only one joint appearance since Christmas. Reason per "friends of the couple:" the relatinship has run its course.

So Elspeth, if they indeed break up this time, your days of butterfly herding may be over!:bang::lol:

I don't know whether to believe this or not. The Mirror can be kind of tabloid-like sometimes. I'll believe it when I start to see it in more publications.

What caused their intial break-up?
Lexi

I think it was reported at the time that Kate felt William didn't pay her enough attention and neglected their relationship while William supposedly didn't want to committ and felt the "fun" was gone.
Right now, I can't see them fighting about his RAF duties though. William probably knew his schedule well enough in advance and so did Kate. They must have come to an agreement that they couldn't spend quite so much time together and at least to me it seemed like they tried to spend every free minute together before Christmas, hence the rumour that Kate had moved into CH. Kate hasn't been pictured in London quite so frequently either, therefore it's very well possible that she spends time near William during the weekends. But of course we won't know until anything is "confirmed" by CH.

Depends who you ask. I don't think it was ever really made clear why they broke up back in April.

Thank you both.
What did the Queen think of Kate?
Lexi

I am not sure that they have "officially" met yet but surely they have "run into each other" as Kate has spent time at both Balmoral and Sandringham. Does anybody know definitively know if they have indeed met?

According to the rumours last spring, the Queen was fine enough with Kate but she just wanted William to make sure that Kate was indeed "the one" as she is loathe to see the rash of divorces in William's generation as in his father's and his sibs' marriages.

I know the queen has met Kate because I saw a picture in After Diana of them. I don't think they sat there for a while and talked about things, I think it was just kind of a nice to meet you thing, then Kate left.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd prefer a better source before I believe the story.

But if it is true I wonder if his parent's marriage is part of the problem. It must have scarred him and knowing he had to pick the right the girl the first time.... It would make anyone get cold feet and wonder if she is the right choice or if he loved her enough.

Now HOLA is reporting the same thing about William and Kate's relationship. They say they are going through a crisis - however, their sources are british newspapers/media.

I question the credibility of this matter but it could be true, of course. Right now, it's pure speculation. :whistling:

EL PRÍNCIPE GUILLERMO Y KATE MIDDLETON, ¿EN CRISIS?

What would be involved in an "official" meeting between Kate and the Queen?
Lexi

I still think Prince William needs to expand his friends and meet others (outside of his tight little group), and attend Royal Events in other Countries before he gets himself "officially" engaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom