Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 4: February-May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: First neither is attending because they are on holiday, now just Kate will attend, while William blows off his cousin's wedding to attend the wedding of a friend? This is getting to be ridiculous. Perhaps the DM should save themselves a lot of column inches by waiting to report who actually attends the wedding. :bang::bang:

Cat

From that article:

The plan underlines the strength of the couple's relationship. Many friends believe the pair are already unofficially engaged - though none will say so on record - and that the next royal wedding they attend together could be their own.

Peter Phillips in Hello:

Yours is the first royal wedding of your generation.
P: “So it’s raised a few interesting issues concerning the formalities of the service and how it’s all meant to work. Obviously with my grandparents being who they are, there are set precedents for various events but for this one – the marriage of a grandchild – there are no precedents. It’s been quite fun and it’s also going to be very different. When various other members of my generation get married, it’s likely to be on a much grander scale. I don’t think Autumn and I are pathfinders as such, but we are laying some ground work.”

(End of quote)

I really wonder why he talked about "various other members of his generation" getting married. Normally, you're only interested in your own wedding. Why is he talking about the others if these plans haven't played an important part in his own wedding plans? And of which other members is he talking? Certainly not his sister Zara - why should her wedding be on a much grander scale? Eugenie is still in school and I don't see Bea married too soon. So it's William and Harry, obviously, as he talks about more than one wedding.

So my bet is that we'll have a christmas engagement and a summer wedding for William and Kate and probably a summer engagement and autumn wedding for Harry and Chelsy, if they don't decide to wait for another year. :flowers:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: First neither is attending because they are on holiday, now just Kate will attend, while William blows off his cousin's wedding to attend the wedding of a friend? This is getting to be ridiculous. Perhaps the DM should save themselves a lot of column inches by waiting to report who actually attends the wedding. :bang::bang:

Cat
In defence of the D***y Mail, they have got to fill their pages with something, they can't print dung about Camilla and Charles everyday! :rolleyes: cat, you are a spoilsport trying to curb their journalist integrity! :ROFLMAO::whistling:

I guess, everyone will have to wait and see who turns up at the wedding. If William does go to his friends wedding it would make sense. If he said yes to that wedding first then he would have to go. I'm sure Peter understands and William was at his stag party so there is no problem.

Of course prince William and Harry will attend this Royal Wedding, gosh there is no way they will not attend, is a ROYAL WEDDING, with the presence of the Queen - there is PROTOCOL and they are members of the royal family and I'am pretty sure they want to attend this wedding, is their cousin and they get very well along with him!!!!!!

In defence of the D***y Mail, they have got to fill their pages with something, they can't print dung about Camilla and Charles everyday! :rolleyes: cat, you are a spoilsport trying to curb their journalist integrity! :ROFLMAO::whistling:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Spoilsport? Journalistic integrity? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It's a toss up as to which made me laugh harder! Thanks for starting my day off with a hearty guffaw, Skydragon! And since I have laughed so hard I have tears in my eyes I won't launch my usual rant about journalism in today's world.:D

Since we have heard conflicting reports, all of which have been confirmed by some anonymous BP or CH source, I think I'll just wait to see who does attend the wedding before I believe any of it! At this point, after three conflicting reports (they will, they won't, just Kate) who can tell what to believe. :angel:

Cat

At this point, after three conflicting reports (they will, they won't, just Kate) who can tell what to believe. :angel:

A belief is a nice word under these circumstances - isn't it rewarding to know that one will (well, probably will), live on the day when THE TRUTH will be revealed? Let's hope that this day of truth won't become a Dies Irae of all the D...y Mail-readers...:D

Being the horrible person I am, I truly hope the D---- Mail is eating a little crow on the morrow.:whistling::eek:

Cat:angel:

I just had to laugh when I saw the Daily Mail article. Just a few days ago they are saying neither is coming and now William isnt coming because he is going to a friend's wedding instead of his close cousin's wedding. I would be truly surprised in William skips Peter's to go to another wedding. Oh well...the Daily Mail will probably have a new story up today with some other theory.

Whether or not you accepted a an ex-girlfriend's brother's wedding invitation first is not the issue. This is your FIRST cousin getting married. The one who was there for you when your mom died. Who, with his sister, made you laugh and told you it was okay to cry, during that hard time.

And you repay him and your CURRENT girlfriend by doing this?

Both William and Harry need another course from Granny on how to behave like proper royals. First Harry says he does not really like England, forgetting he is prince of the Blood Royal of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. And now William chooses to supposedly use "good manners" and skip this wedding?

It is kind of a big deal and a somewhat slap in the face. If Queen Mary were alive there would have been no question on any of this. You show support, united to the family.

Sometimes the boys forget this I feel...

This speculation is getting a bit ridiculous don't you think? Shouldn't we just expect William and a few chimpanze's to show up weilding champagne bottles and the coronation chair to name Peter King? I think it's due time for King Peter I. :ROFLMAO:

The Mail is really starting to lose credit with me... (I personally didn't see them as ridiculously as some of you do here), but I really think they're just trying to fill pages...

Whether or not you accepted a an ex-girlfriend's brother's wedding invitation first is not the issue. This is your FIRST cousin getting married.
I couldn't agree more. I honestly can not imagine what my family's reaction would be if I told one of my cousins that I wouldn't be going to their wedding as I was going to the brother of my ex-boyfriends wedding instead, but hey don't worry Tony (current BF) will be there to repersent me. This whole thing has turned into one big joke, Kate is going but Chelsy is not invited, wait actually Chelsy is invited but hold on William and Kate are going on holidays not to the wedding, no no wrong again, Kate will be there but William will be a his ex-girlfriend's brothers wedding. Drama Drama Drama .

Well the tabloids certainly managed to make a big deal out of this rather uninteresting wedding with all their speculation. I at least will be looking for pictures and reports tomorrow. :D

At this point, after three conflicting reports (they will, they won't, just Kate) who can tell what to believe.
It's simple: you believe the one that confirms your own prejudices. Otherwise we'll have to wait another few hours. Plenty of time to continue this pointless speculation. :)

And, if William and Kate both show up at the wedding, the DM will have to somehow distance itself from what it already claimed. That should be interesting to see.:lol:

I just had to laugh when I saw the Daily Mail article. Just a few days ago they are saying neither is coming and now William isnt coming because he is going to a friend's wedding instead of his close cousin's wedding. I would be truly surprised in William skips Peter's to go to another wedding. Oh well...the Daily Mail will probably have a new story up today with some other theory.

I still don't think William is going to miss Peter's wedding, especially for en ex's brother, but even if he didn't attend I don't think the royal family would allow Kate to go as a "representative" of William. That would only happen if they were engaged or married.

I agree with those members, who have suggested waiting for the ceremony and seeing who will be attending. There is no need for stirring up cheap soap-opera dramas.
At the same time, I share views of Lady Marmalade (see post#311). I find it extremely impolite not to attend the first cousin's wedding when the whole family including Her Majesty and Duke of Edinburg are expected to attend.

This speculation is getting a bit ridiculous don't you think? Shouldn't we just expect William and a few chimpanze's to show up weilding champagne bottles and the coronation chair to name Peter King? I think it's due time for King Peter I. :ROFLMAO:

The Mail is really starting to lose credit with me... (I personally didn't see them as ridiculously as some of you do here), but I really think they're just trying to fill pages...

You obviously only just joined in the fun here....:D

It's simple: you believe the one that confirms your own prejudices. Otherwise we'll have to wait another few hours. Plenty of time to continue this pointless speculation. :)
Sorry Warren but patience is not my strong point!:whistling: Common sense tells me the Mail is just filling column inches with mindless speculation, and to stir the pot just a bit. Oh well, whatver sells papers. Personally, I think William will be at Peter's wedding (pointless speulation that it is:D) but you just never know..... So, as you say, we'll all have to wait a few more hours.:ohmy:

Cat

All will be revealed tomorrow.
You have a very valid point there.
The Hello article.
William to miss royal wedding although Kate will still attend
The Daily Mail article.
Kate's stand-in role for William at his cousin's wedding | the Daily Mail
All say that he has left the country all ready to go to Jecca Craigs brothers wedding in africa.
He left last friday and he's said that he had already agreed to go to the wedding in africa before Peter and Autumn's???
But if Kate is going on her own tommorow this is a huge step forward!!!
First Chelsy is getting introduced and Kate Middleton attends her first royal event alone!!
:flowers:

It seems that Daily Mail was correct after all. I just wonder why Prince William asked Ms. Middleton to represent him at this touted- as-royal- but-usual-high-society- in-reality wedding. I have to say that some members of the British Royal house has got a very peculiar sense of responsibility and order of priority. The friend's wedding takes precedence of the the first cousin's wedding where all senior members are said to attend...

My best to the couple and their families come what may.

Does this mean more went there without William since William out of the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom