Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 1: October-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wouldn't leave house without being put together

A major generalisation I would say. Many women are not quite as superificial.....

Oh, come down to Georgia (or anywhere in the deep South of the USA)--many women wouldn't DREAM of leaving the house without hair done, face done and my mom just considers herself "nekkid" without all of that plus cologne. I will wear jeans (which my grandma would have never considered wearing) but I won't leave the house without light makeup--even if it is only face powder.

But many women in the South would indeed leave the house without any makeup at all. My grandparents came from a strict southern Baptist upbringing where makeup and pierced ears were considered sinful for women so my grandmother never wore makeup and never let her daughters wear makeup.

My mother trained as an athlete and later as a girls basketball coach and she didn't wear makeup until her children were grown. Athletes tend to sweat a lot and the mascara runs, the foundation smears all over your clothes, etc. Makeup's longevity in such a situation leaves a lot to be desired and so most the of athletes she trained with did without makeup except for a little bit of lipstick on special occasions.

Its hard to generalize. If makeup makes what you're doing better, then its worth it. If it makes what you're doing more problematic, its better left at home.

i think it's all down to simply a matter of what you like. catherine obviously likes to "have her face on" when she leaves the house. now whether she's always done this or not we don't know but if she left the house not looking the way we're use to seeing her we'd all be saying how plain she was and "couldn't she put some makeup on once in a while...she knows she's going to have her picture taken". we're just never happy.

i think it's all down to simply a matter of what you like. catherine obviously likes to "have her face on" when she leaves the house. now whether she's always done this or not we don't know but if she left the house not looking the way we're use to seeing her we'd all be saying how plain she was and "couldn't she put some makeup on once in a while...she knows she's going to have her picture taken". we're just never happy.

I agree. I'm the same way. I can't leave the house without make-up on, even if it's just powder and eyeliner. That's the bare minimum for me; if I'm going some place fancy or it's a big event, I'll put more on. I just like the confidence I get knowing I'm out in the world and I'm looking my best.

she looks so happy in those last photos taken in London!!
Her style, black, high boots and a top! Lovely!

Here is some new pics of kate taken yesterday night! she was in a club with her sister in london. pics are from WENN photo library:
WENN Photo Library

Here is some new pics of kate taken yesterday night! she was in a club with her sister in london. pics are from WENN photo library:
WENN Photo Library

The usual thing:
* Kate goes clubbing around the VIP area, this time at The Raffles
* What a surprise, there are paparazzi and, oh my god, they have cameras and dare to take pictures
* Prepared for the unexpected, Kate trys to hide her face and gives the paps the most annoying look whilst her sister does some important phone calls

I just love the Kate Show. To be seen at least twice a week and only more exciting when she is joined by her squiffy boyfriend, the second in the line of the british throne.

True enough

But many women in the South would indeed leave the house without any makeup at all.
That's true also--my other grandmother never wore makeup until later in life and there are many who also subscribe to the no makeup, long hair, and modest dressing including no pants on women, only dresses.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's true also--my other grandmother never wore makeup until later in life and there are many who also subscribe to the no makeup, long hair, and modest dressing including no pants on women, only dresses.
:eek: No insult intended - here in the UK pants are undergarments (knickers, pants, panties, thongs, etc)! :D

The usual thing:
* Kate goes clubbing around the VIP area, this time at The Raffles
* What a surprise, there are paparazzi and, oh my god, they have cameras and dare to take pictures
* Prepared for the unexpected, Kate trys to hide her face and gives the paps the most annoying look whilst her sister does some important phone calls

I just love the Kate Show. To be seen at least twice a week and only more exciting when she is joined by her squiffy boyfriend, the second in the line of the british throne.
You made me laugh:)
Doesn't she work during the week?Doesn't she has to wake up early in the morning to wrk at Jigsaw store?

You made me laugh:)
Doesn't she work during the week?Doesn't she has to wake up early in the morning to wrk at Jigsaw store?

:lol: Does she work at all? I can't keep track if she is still with Jigsaw or already starting her career as a photographer (at least she already is familiar with cameras).

Shes Changing Careers shes in the process anyway probably until she is engaged to William

The Windsors need someone that can fit into their life; not someone who goes against the establishment.
You do have a point when it comes for the women that can fit in the royals life, but if that women had certain morals (like loving animals and not killing them) I think the royal family certainly can understand.

Does she love William or Not? Who knows, but I guess she loves the attention, and you just gave them a great idea. The Kate show...:lol:that will boost her celebrity status.

You do have a point when it comes for the women that can fit in the royals life, but if that women had certain morals (like loving animals and not killing them) I think the royal family certainly can understand.

They surely wouldn't expect a woman who is an unwilling participant to hunt and kill an animal if she didn't want to, but William would probably think twice about spending the rest of his life with a woman that did not support his pursuits. His parents example is very present in his life/

Weren't both Camilla and Charles pissed not too long ago cause they had to give up some animal to hunt; he wrote a letter that was leaked publicly and everything. I remember reading it in After Diana...I would say it is a pretty big part of their lives, sadly no animal activists allowed...LOL

Although dogs seem to be adored...

..I would say it is a pretty big part of their lives, sadly no animal activists allowed...LOL

Although dogs seem to be adored...

Small correction: Members of the royal family are patrons of charities involving animals' concerns. However, these concerns apparently don't conflict with any hunting practices. What people forget is that there are animal care charities that do not have anything relation to sport hunting.
The royal family by and large support hunting with dogs (the hunting ban of 2002 or 2003 ? bans the use of dogs in fox hunting) but that does not mean they aren't concerned about issues and problems like shelters and homeless animals, over-breeding, slaughter, and other animal cruelty practices. It's not a black and white matter. If someone likes fox hunting with dogs, they can also be dog lovers and concerned for how dogs around the world are treated.
I'm sorry for going off topic, though. ;)

Last edited:
The hunting ban is still in place and now it seems to affect all kinds of other sports. Clarissa Dickson-Wright (The alive Fat Lady of 'Two' fame) recently got herself in court over hare coursing. But the RF don't always show a liking for their charities cause. I mean, the bird charity has Royal involvement but they love to shoot a few grouse and the Queen is patron of orchestras nation-wide but she's more a 50s teen pop gal than a Beethoven babe.

BF, just to clarify, by coursing do you mean what we call drag hunts? When the scent is laid cross country for the hounds to follow without a kill at the end? It's usually urine or musk in the US.

Kate and sister Pippa went to a club called Raffles on Kings Road on Wednesday, 17 October.
--> five pics at Polfoto's website.

does anybody know how old is pippa? kate looks pretty. love her boots :)

BF, just to clarify, by coursing do you mean what we call drag hunts? When the scent is laid cross country for the hounds to follow without a kill at the end? It's usually urine or musk in the US.

No, in hare coursing the aim is usually to disturb the hares and for them to be killed. However, Mrs D-W was doing it for food rather than sport so she was let off I believe.

Looking at these pictures it must be very hard for Kate! The press in you face like this. Look at how hard they are holding hands! I hope that William and Kate get married soon. I also hope that this post does not get deleted like the last one I posted about William and Kate getting married. I can not help that this is the way that I feel and just becauce I wish this does not mean that it should get deleted!

Weren't both Camilla and Charles pissed not too long ago cause they had to give up some animal to hunt; he wrote a letter that was leaked publicly and everything....
How true this was, we will never know, it is after all only alleged "In an outburst overheard by a senior politician, the Prince is also alleged to have said" and we wouldn't know if Charles wrote to Blair on this matter - It was probably all hype from The Countryside Alliance or the paper that first reported it.:rolleyes: Scotland on Sunday - Prince : I'll leave Britain over fox hunt ban

Nothing against KM, she seems lovely. I just wish I could muster more enthusiasm for her as a possible future bride for Prince William. I had such high hopes for this kid when it came to choosing a wife, and Ms M. just seems so ordinary. And not in a good way. I admit that she knows how to keep her mouth shut and she wears clothes well.

And if she were dating some princeling of some minor principality she'd probably be perfect.

But a future QUEEN OF ENGLAND?!

I don't know. I probably sound like a real snob......

Absolutely. I think she will be a great consort to William. And I think she will make the UK proud.

I doubt Kate and William will marry anytime soon. Only if they stuck it out another two more years and act mature, without the usual pictures of them falling drunk out of clubs and her waiting without any real job and hobby besides him, can I see any royal wedding between these two couple. For now nothing is guaranteed and I wouldn't put it past William to end it with her yet again.

Here is a new article by Richard Kay: Does William Dare dump Kate Again?

Does William dare dump Kate again? | the Daily Mail

Personally, I don't like this latest article from the Daily Mail. Many statements here are stated as though they are fact, but if you consider them carefully, you realize they are generalizations, and some of them are further discredited by glaring inconsistencies. I am not impressed, but I also know that I should not be surprised.... considering the publication, and that Richard Kay co-authored the thing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom