Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 1: October-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the media, starting out in the tabloid sector and filtering out to the networks and specialty sectors, have definitely from the beginning tried to hijack him into marrying Kate. I don't doubt that for a second. The media has been ringing the bells for these two since 2004, declaring her first "Klosters invite" a "sure sign" of "things to come," using all the classic soap opera language. :D Then the couple unexpectedly and supposedly "broke up" so the media didn't know what to do, but soon figured out a solution: Spread the word of secret meetings at friends' safe houses, of not-so-clandestine encounters at parties, and feed on hopes for reconciliation. Kate's withdrawal from the Sisterhood Challenge was toted in the tabloids as "proof" that she would be with Wills again, since "Clarence House must have intervened." Kate was a marked girl in 2004 and the media does not wish to un-mark her.

Even if they don't get married and Wills goes off and marries somebody else, will they still follow her around?

With or without him, at this point, she's celebrity...

even if he moves on...they'll always spin the angle of getting his past love's reaction...she'll never be left alone.

They surely wouldn't expect a woman who is an unwilling participant to hunt and kill an animal if she didn't want to, but William would probably think twice about spending the rest of his life with a woman that did not support his pursuits. His parents example is very present in his life/

Certainly, if this is true, don't you think William should love her for opinions even though this is part of the royal family. How come I haven't seen or head other royal family, for example, Sophie, Countess of Wessex participate any of the activity's, like hunting, with the royal family?

even if he moves on...they'll always spin the angle of getting his past love's reaction...she'll never be left alone.

This is true look how Prince Charles and Camilla's past tabloid speculations run off in the past, when they were married with other people and having children. The media will never change!

Sad but true im afraid PR Princess I Wish them well and hope they marry (for what my opion is worth) and As far as "Kate Haters " Go they have a right to an opinion but I Dont really listen to them, thats just me though :p

What attitudes? I rightly don't know. Sorry.

If you look at the rest of what ysbel wrote, you might find the answer to your questio; she's talking about his attitude to the press:

"But right now, I see the biggest potential mistake that William may make would come from his his ambivalence towards his very public role and the press and that has nothing to do with Charles but rather I think from growing up so close to the media frenzy that surrounded Diana. Quite frankly I think he got sick of the papparazzi long before he even knew Kate and so I think he's failed to differentiate between the legitimate press and how they can be useful to the monarchy and the people his mother associated with who definitely were not helpful to the monarchy.

I think he's going to have to unlearn some attitudes he has accumulated over the years but the transformation will not happen overnight."

if the heir to the throne can marry who he wants whether they are appropriate or not then any other royal should be allowed to do the same. The poW sent the message to his children that they should marry whoever they want come he** or high-water and let the chips fall where they may.
I feel William and harry are following the actions and advice of their father and that can't be so bad, can it?
Most people are supportive and over-joyed that prince Charles finally got to marry who he wanted to spend his life with. Not many people doubt his choice . It makes him happy and that's all that matters is the general argument about Charles and camilla. So maybe we should extend that to William. No one dare critisize camilla because the PoW loves her whether she is a right choice for Queen or not.
let's give William and his girlfriend the benefit of the doubt and accect his choices just like most people have accepted his fathers choice .

daisygoogles,

Are you really happy that Charles has found his true love or are you simply having a joke with us?

Last edited:
If you look at the rest of what ysbel wrote, you might find the answer to your questio; she's talking about his attitude to the press:

"But right now, I see the biggest potential mistake that William may make would come from his his ambivalence towards his very public role and the press and that has nothing to do with Charles but rather I think from growing up so close to the media frenzy that surrounded Diana. Quite frankly I think he got sick of the papparazzi long before he even knew Kate and so I think he's failed to differentiate between the legitimate press and how they can be useful to the monarchy and the people his mother associated with who definitely were not helpful to the monarchy.

I think he's going to have to unlearn some attitudes he has accumulated over the years but the transformation will not happen overnight."

Yes that's right Elspeth. Sorry I didn't see this question before.

daisygoogles,

Are you really happy that Charles has found his true love or are you simply having a joke with us?

It seems to make the PoW happy.
So William should follow his father and just make himself happy .

daisygoogles,

I don't understand how her genuine feelings on the matter are relevant. All she was saying is that given Charles is able to marry his "true love," there is no reason to deny William the same right. It seems logical to me. The rules should be the same for all future Heirs Apparent and Presumptive. If different rules apply for the future holders of the Heir position.... well, what kind of fairness is that?

Charles was allowed a divorce and remarriage, so divorce can no longer be a fair barrier to future Heirs. All of them in the future must now be allowed the same right. Obviously William and Kate still have a fresh slate.... no entanglements to speak of, no checkered past to haunt them, but if in the future they have any messiness, there should not be any problem. Charles has set a new precedent.

Last edited:
I read on MSN News page that Prince William was seen again with Kate Middleton. Rumors are going on and they are saying that an engagement is coming up. Can someone tell me more about this! Thanks

I read on MSN News page that Prince William was seen again with Kate Middleton. Rumors are going on and they are saying that an engagement is coming up. Can someone tell me more about this! Thanks

Isn't he about to book out of town again for like 6 months soon?

Okay, thanks. When I read it, I read straight over attitudes of the press and went on thinking of personality attitudes. (Like he was arrogant, per say. That sort of thing.)
Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Too true and too sad, isn't it?

Too true and too sad, isn't it?

Probably not for her...:lol:...she enjoys the perks of fame. Most people would though...

If he moves on then I doubt it will be very fun...especially if he marries someone else and then she turns into the pitiful Jennifer Aniston type...which the tabs will inevitably turn her into...

Probably not for her...:lol:...she enjoys the perks of fame. Most people would though...

If he moves on then I doubt it will be very fun...especially if he marries someone else and then she turns into the pitiful Jennifer Aniston type...which the tabs will inevitably turn her into...
I didn't know she enjoyed the lime light. Then again, I don't follow her much and don't know much about her.
Oh you are SO BAD with your JA comment! :D:ROFLMAO:

Yeah haha good one about the JA thing. :D But I am not sure about the "most people" liking the press attention.... maybe it's about 50/50 at the most. That kind of attention would make some including myself cringe on a near-constant basis. :ermm: I think I would develop a permanent tick or something.... :lol:

I know it would irritate the hell out of me! I can see where one would go Russell Crowe on a papparazzi!!
The BRF certainly has patience and poise!

If William isnt going to marry this girl, it's about time he did the honorable thing and step back and let her meet someone else (not something likely to happen while she is still dating William). They have been together for 6 (?) years. If he does not know his mind regarding marrying her at his point, I really dont know what else he needs to kinow. I hope he is not taking a Page from Charles' life history, where he wont get off the dime and thus loses the 'love of his life' a la 1973. If he does love her, then lets go. He certainly knows her far better than his parents did when they married. I believe Diana had already had Harry by this age. She seems like a nice, appropriate girl who loves him. More than many royal marriages have started with.:flowers:

Yeah haha good one about the JA thing. :D But I am not sure about the "most people" liking the press attention.... maybe it's about 50/50 at the most. That kind of attention would make some including myself cringe on a near-constant basis. :ermm: I think I would develop a permanent tick or something.... :lol:

It definitely takes a determined girl to handle this particular attention being with William. I mean it's said that Kate was one of his last choices and that many girls turned him down because of the burning spotlight, at the end of the day not many can deal. So far she has proven that she can which is probably what keeps him coming back.

Whatever girl is with him has to like it...in some way...or else they will self-destruct. If not Kate, then the next girl may already have to be famous on her own to be ready.

zembla said:
I mean it's said that Kate was one of his last choices and that many girls turned him down because of the burning spotlight....

I have sometimes thought it might be the case with Jecca, that Jecca didn't want the "baggage," if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

these rumours have been swirling around virtually since these two were officially a couple now. everytime they do something together an engagement is only moments away. unfortunately we'll just have to wait and see.

I don't understand how her genuine feelings on the matter are relevant. All she was saying is that given Charles is able to marry his "true love," there is no reason to deny William the same right.

Yes, except she made some statements that I find personally hard to believe unless she's having a joke with us.

Most people are supportive and over-joyed that prince Charles finally got to marry who he wanted to spend his life with. Not many people doubt his choice

I cannot say that people's reaction to the wedding and later reaction to Camilla's appearance at Diana memorial make me believe that not many people doubt his choice.

I also cannot say that most people are supportive and over-joyed that prince Charles has finally got to marriy who he wanted.

I do not understand Daisy's purpose of such statements other than sarcasm; they don't support daisy's arguments and I see no use from them other than to display sarcasm.

Members should be able to tell whether other members are playing straight with them or whether what they are reading is merely an attempt at sarcasm.

It definitely takes a determined girl to handle this particular attention being with William. I mean it's said that Kate was one of his last choices and that many girls turned him down because of the burning spotlight, at the end of the day not many can deal. So far she has proven that she can which is probably what keeps him coming back.

Whatever girl is with him has to like it...in some way...or else they will self-destruct. If not Kate, then the next girl may already have to be famous on her own to be ready.
I agree. And I do respect those that turned him down. They knew they couldn't handle it and they didn't want to go there. (Sort of like being childless by choice.) That shows strength of character.
Hopefully William will find a woman who has that in spades. . . .

I agree. And I do respect those that turned him down. They knew they couldn't handle it and they didn't want to go there. (Sort of like being childless by choice.) That shows strength of character.
Hopefully William will find a woman who has that in spades. . . .
I agree with you.I hope so too...:flowers:

I agree. And I do respect those that turned him down. They knew they couldn't handle it and they didn't want to go there. (Sort of like being childless by choice.) That shows strength of character. Hopefully William will find a woman who has that in spades. . . .
We talk about how Kate is handling the media, but has anyone realized that there are other women who married into the royal family, for instance, Sophie, Countess of Wessex. She was as normal as Kate and was butchered by the media --with her comparison with Diana, Princess of Wales. Since, then her marriage seems to be more private and is enjoying her time as a mother and involvement in charities. Moreover, Princess Mary of Denmark, who is the future Queen. Or how about Diana; I have seen Diana say, she enjoys her privacy. So Kate is not the only person in the royal family, who has to be in the public eye all the time. Only when her actions is on the line.

There is a huge difference between being the wife of Prince Edward and being the wife of Prince William in terms of the importance of the husband for the monarchy :)
Of course Sophie was butchered first but from a long time perspective it was clear that she would not be in the center of attention forever. She is a clever lady and learned her lessons (own business, fake sheikh etc) and her position and environment allows her to be private.

Kate is a different story and I am not sure if she is as clever as Sophie in terms of learning a lesson.

Yes, except she made some statements that I find personally hard to believe unless she's having a joke with us.
I am merely stating my opinion of what I know of the royal family.
Am I not allowed to do so? I don't believe I have been offensive or sarcastic!
The PoW is happy now and I believe William should be allowed the same considerations when it comes to his own personal happiness.

i don't understand why my statements are under attack??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom