Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 8: November-December 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe purses are mostly for fashion. I like clutch purses but I dont like the way the duchess holds them. I dont recall ever seeing the necklace but are the Duchess earings from Queen Marys Amythest Parure. I love that Parure but I thought Mary sold them. I hope the family still has them.

Wow. Thanks PrinceJohnny25 for pointing that out. It seems the Duchess really is cracking open the vaults.

Princejonnhy25 said:
I dont recall ever seeing the necklace but are the Duchess earings from Queen Marys Amythest Parure. I love that Parure but I thought Mary sold them. I hope the family still has them.
The Amethyst Parure went to the Queen Mother, who sold it.

It is such a shame she sold it. It was really lovely. Does anybody know why she sold it. Where is it right now. Are the duchess jewels hers or from the royal family.

Princejonnhy25 said:
I believe purses are mostly for fashion..

Purses or handbags are not for fashion. They are for carrying all those little bits and pieces essential to life!!:D

I have a complaint!
Everyone has become obsessed with the subject of handbags. This is not the Charlotte Casiraghi thread!
Meanwhile, my little post demonstrating a tactile relationship between the POW and a guitar god is languishing and ignored. :(

:) :)

A Handbag?! (Sorry, couldn't resist)

Warren, your post was a very nice one and yes, they do seem rather chummy.

Camilla's handbag trumps your Clapton I'm afraid.

Princejonnhy25 said:
It is such a shame she sold it. It was really lovely. Does anybody know why she sold it. Where is it right now. Are the duchess jewels hers or from the royal family.
Apparently she didn't like it, had plenty of others, and decided to cash it in.

Camilla has jewels in her own right, plus the gifts Charles has bought her over the years, and we will see her increasingly wearing jewels of Royal provenance. This is discussed in more detail in the Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery thread.

Warren said:
I have a complaint!
Everyone has become obsessed with the subject of handbags. This is not the Charlotte Casiraghi thread!
Meanwhile, my little post demonstrating a tactile relationship between the POW and a guitar god is languishing and ignored. :(

The guitar god has been involved with The Princes Trust for some time but, he doesn't have to use a handbag or purse, he uses his guitar case instead!:D

Warren said:
I have a complaint!

Sorry Warren, you've found another little fetish of mine. I hate handbags! I can never find anything in mine!

Eric Clapton is a guitar god but unfortunately he looks worse for wear these days. Guitar players (and he is the best) are all about the tactile sensation. We don't hear much from him these days and that's sad. I'm glad the British bigshots went out in support of the Prince's Trust to recognize what a truly great charity it is.

Now, this will be like a red rag to some but I'm going to say it - Camilla has absolutely fabulous legs.

Look at those! Extremely long and slender.

In this pic, HRH is paying a suprise visit to a lady who was burgled. Apparantly, the lady thought that a police officer was coming and it turned out to be Camilla - I think I'd collapse!

And I just adore her in this pic - love the whole outfit and the hair etc.

All pics from Corbis.

Prince Charles holds an investiture ceremony today in Buckingham Palace on behave of the Queen today. Does anybody know if that has started or if there are any pics.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited soldiers wounded in Iraq and other conflict zones on a tour of the Ministry of Defence's premier rehabilitation facility

From polfoto and terra

Attachments

• 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 279
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 71fa39d5bf17cg.jpg
    71fa39d5bf17cg.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 228
  • 71fa39d5c182eg.jpg
    71fa39d5c182eg.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
Prince of Wales visits the make up and wig department at the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford-upon-Avon on November 24, 2005 in England

From getty

Attachments

• 56269343.jpg
    56269343.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 242
  • 56269344.jpg
    56269344.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 56269347.jpg
    56269347.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 258
  • 56269355.jpg
    56269355.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 214
fanletizia said:
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited soldiers wounded in Iraq and other conflict zones on a tour of the Ministry of Defence's premier rehabilitation facility

From polfoto and terra

Just a nitpic, it should be soldiers and airmen, that's an RAF uniform in picture 2.:)

Last edited:
Re:

LOL! :p

You couldn't make it up could you? Someone is reading these forums and stealing our ideas.

Why would Her Majesty copy Camilla? Her Majesty has no need to imitate anyone. She is the monarch.

Why would Her Majesty copy Camilla? Her Majesty has no need to imitate anyone. She is the monarch

Oh for heavens sake. Why over-react?. It's a bit of fun, nobody is taking the suggestion seriously.

Last edited:
BeatrixFan said:
You couldn't make it up could you? Someone is reading these forums and stealing our ideas.
My thoughts exactly! What a small world.:)

Daily Mail had a slow news day. :rolleyes: The cut of the Queen's clothes is entirely different.

BTW, I think polka dots should be outlawed! :eek:

They really are quite busy recently. It seems everyday they are somewhere different.

I knew Andrew did some painting but not Charles.

ysbel said:
I knew Andrew did some painting but not Charles.
Andrew = photography; Charles = watercolours.
Charles used to enjoy his holidays in Florence staying with the Frescobaldis where he could relax and paint (and flirt with Fiametta, and/or her mother Bona).

Prince Charles and his wife Camilla visited the busy south London market at lunch time on Friday

From getty

Attachments

• 56272320.jpg
    56272320.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 190
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 171
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 125
I must say the Duchess has one hell of an appetite. I like a women who can eat. Is she wearing a fur jacket. Ive never seen her wear fur before.

I agree PrinceJonny25. If they are at a food market then it'd be rude not to have a good chomp on whats on offer. I'm glad to see her enjoying her food rather than crucifying herself over every crumb that passes her lips which appears to be the modern trend (love the avatar by the way!).

I like my avatar too. I may actually keep this one for more than two days.

I was hoping you'd ditch it so I could use it! - The best pic of Fred I think. Just gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom