Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 6: October 4-16, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gossip: Charles' aide quits job

Originally posted by Idriel...

From the Sun

Charles' aide walks out

A TOP royal aide in charge of Charles and Camilla’s wedding shambles has quit. Kevin Knott was blamed by senior palace figures when the couple had to ditch plans to wed at Windsor Castle and instead use the nearby Guildhall.​

Then the Queen said she would not be attending the April 9 event — amid claims the marriage was illegal.

The departure of Mr Knott as £80,000-a-year Master of the Household, follows a BBC1 documentary on the blunders.

U.K.'s Prince Charles, wife Camilla to tour U.S.

Royal couple to visit N.Y., D.C., San Francisco on first joint official tour

LONDON - Britain’s heir-to-the-throne Prince Charles and his wife Camilla will meet President Bush when they travel to the United States for their first joint official tour, a spokesman said on Wednesday.

Charles, who married Camilla in April after a 35-year affair, last visited the U.S. in 2004 for the funeral of former president Ronald Reagan.

He had previously visited the country with his first wife, Princess Diana, who was hugely popular among Americans. She died in a car crash in Paris in 1997 but is still regularly discussed in the country’s celebrity press.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9598541/

another article about the visit :)
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/mld/sanluisobispo/12824527.htm

It still just says "early November" on the Prince's website. This is rather late for the dates not to be known; early November is just a month away.

The Duchess of Cornwall attended the Opening of The Eleven Gallery in Central London yesterday 5th of October .The Gallery is run by her daughter Laura Parker-Bowles:
The skirt is something in really new style on The Duchess, she does looks really cool on that dress.
Pics from Abacausa Press and Isifa:

Attachments

• 415370.jpg
    415370.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 272
  • 415371.jpg
    415371.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 369
  • is_11259421.jpg
    is_11259421.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 222
  • is_11259424.jpg
    is_11259424.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
She actually looks human, not frightful at all.
You know, I've been reading this book about Charles and Camilla, and keep asking myself whether she might not be better suited to the job than Diana, who was very vulnerable and not very self-confident for a long time. Apparently, Camilla is as tough as an old leather shoe (as we say).

Love the skirt! Great color, she looks wonderful. And you might be right Smilla, Camilla might be better suited for this "job". I think that she knows who she is and is comfortable with it, therefore what the press write about her just doesn't affect her daily life.

Camilla looks so great right their. I mean she looked good at previous royal occasions but they were royal looks. This is a normal look and it looks good. It looks like she did something to her teeth and hair. Very Nice.

Smilla said:
She actually looks human, not frightful at all.
You know, I've been reading this book about Charles and Camilla, and keep asking myself whether she might not be better suited to the job than Diana, who was very vulnerable and not very self-confident for a long time. Apparently, Camilla is as tough as an old leather shoe (as we say).

Remember that when Diana married Charles she was a very young 20 year old and when Camilla married Charles she was a well seasoned 57 year old woman.
What a difference 37 years make.
CM

Probably just porcelain veneers. Standard stuff these days.

Finally some official news on the trip to the US. From The Prince of Wales official site.

THE PRINCE OF WALES AND THE DUCHESS OF CORNWALL TO VISIT THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

TRH The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will pay an official visit to the United States of America in early November.

The tour will include engagements in New York, Washington DC, and San Francisco, a meeting with Secretary General Kofi Annan at the United Nations, and a lunch and dinner with President and Mrs Bush at the White House.

The visit will highlight some of the many links which bind the two countries together and have done for many years.

It will also focus on the vital importance of the economic relationship, and the exceptional range of cultural, environmental and community links between the two nations.

Sustainability will be another important theme of the tour, in areas such as housing and education, and farming and food sourcing.

I have been watching Good Morning America as I have been getting ready for work the past week and they have adopted somewhat of a cautious tone towards Camilla.

GMA is broadcasting live from Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle (that was today) and the Palace of Holyrood House.

Lady Marmalade said:
I have been watching Good Morning America as I have been getting ready for work the past week and they have adopted somewhat of a cautious tone towards Camilla.

GMA is broadcasting live from Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle (that was today) and the Palace of Holyrood House.
How do you mean "cautious tone"?

How was the live broadcasting from BP and WC?

I can't see Good Morning America in Sweden, so I would be most greatful for some summaries of these things...

Hi Grand Duchess,

What I mean by cautious is more respectful and toned down. They do not use the same sense of emotion and exuberance as they do with the mention of Diana's name.

The American media will be out in full force for this visit as the U.S. has always been Diana territory. I think those in the U.S. who follow British royalty are either indifferent to or simply do not like Camilla at all.

But that is just my view.

Good Morning America presented from Windsor Castle this morning and gave reports on William and Kate living together, while not uncommon even in the U.S., they did express surprise that a future king and head of Church of England would be allowed to live with his girlfriend so openly.

The American media as a whole tends to be more respectful towards visiting royals and heads of states and reports what the meetings and visits were about and not whether the person should or should not be welcome. Theirs is one of a more respectful tone.

But, we have our gossip news and magazines as well who bring tasted to a whole lower level.

They do not for example, relay to name calling and making fun of as the SOME of the British press did when President Bush visited in 2003.

That is why I use the word cautious. They do not want to necessarily show any judgement before the visit.

Good Morning America broadcast was oviously an attemt to get tourists, you noticed that very quickly. I liked how we got to see the foot print in the ally that legands say was there because he always put his foot there while riding past. The boys chior was really cute, the boys they interviewed seemed really sweet. I didn't get to see there performance because I had to get ready for school, I was 30 minutes late to class because I had to watch the entire thing!

The books we saw were beautiful!! the artistry and design was amazing. I was suprised that the queen owns those Devinchi (sp?) drawings--they are the most recognised and famous drawings.

If her teeth are Porcelan Venears they did a bad job. They are still crooked like before I just think she had them whitened more. I would actually like her to get some venears to straighten out her smile. It would look better. I think there "cautious" because they dont know much about The Duchess of Cornwall and cant report bad things about The Duchess of Cornwall. They dont want to dwell on the past either. I saw the report about the foot print too. That was cool. I didnt know that they proclaimed a monarchy on a balcony from St. James Palace. The whole system is very much like the Papal system if you think about it.

Princejonnhy25 said:
Camilla looks so great right their. I mean she looked good at previous royal occasions but they were royal looks. This is a normal look and it looks good. It looks like she did something to her teeth and hair. Very Nice.

At the least she's had her teeth whitened. And I think she's had some Botox. Her skin doesn't look so weathered.

That was what I was thinking when I first saw the photos. She looks years younger, even better than on her wedding day in April. Either that or the lighting was just perfect. And beautiful skirt!

She looks great! Her hair's a little shorter too, which is fresher looking.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
The Duchess of Cornwall attended the Opening of The Eleven Gallery in Central London yesterday 5th of October .The Gallery is run by her daughter Laura Parker-Bowles:
The skirt is something in really new style on The Duchess, she does looks really cool on that dress.
Pics from Abacausa Press and Isifa:

She looks really nice! I like the skirt.

Elspeth said:
It still just says "early November" on the Prince's website. This is rather late for the dates not to be known; early November is just a month away.

President Bush's press secretary, Scott McClellan, announced today that Charles and Camilla will have lunch and dinner at the White House on November 2nd.
(source: USA Today)

Well, I hope they remember to inform Clarence House, which doesn't seem to know the dates (unless they're being withheld deliberately).

Elspeth said:
Well, I hope they remember to inform Clarence House, which doesn't seem to know the dates (unless they're being withheld deliberately).

Hello Elspeth,
This date is official from the White House in Washington and is also printed in many of the big city dailies here. Their other tour dates in the US are vague. This may be secondary to security which is reported to be tight as there are murmurings of potential Anti- C&C protests by Diana supporters who are hostile to the couple.

Also the New York subway has been reportedly (allegedly) targeted by terrorists. So we are on heightened alert here Stateside so C&C's itinerary may be not published too far in advance.

CM

Michael Kinsley of the Washington Post had this interesting commentary about Charles and Camilla.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/04/08/AR2005040801799.html

a quote from the article

There's no special magic about a prince approaching middle age who marries a young society beauty. And the more we learn about Princess Diana, the less magical that story seems. And, of course, the abdication tale remains far from inspiring.
Now, what about a prince who marries a young beauty out of his sense of duty, who waits for decades until a car crash frees him and then marries the woman he really loves -- a woman whom almost everyone else in the world finds remarkably unattractive; a woman he didn't need to marry in order to enjoy her companionship as he had for decades; a woman his family and the world didn't want him to marry. And what about a woman who watched her longtime lover marry a much younger beauty; who married someone else herself out of some kind of bitter realism; who fell in love with a young future king but is marrying an old weirdo who very likely won't ever occupy the throne; a woman who is inviting a lifetime of public mockery for every aspect of her public appearance. . . . Now that is a love story.

He says a lot more but he ends by saying that: .....Camilla and Charles [is] the greatest love story of the 21st century, so far.

Here's another article I found about Camilla's style:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A21104-2005Apr2.html

quote from the article

The public is judging Parker Bowles, too. And if there is anything that her clothing has said over the years, it is that she will not be swayed by public perceptions. Rare is the person who can withstand withering public scrutiny without trying to put a more pleasing gloss on her appearance. But Parker Bowles's appearance over the years has shown a more natural evolution than concerted effort.

Harry's polo shirt said:
The books we saw were beautiful!! the artistry and design was amazing. I was suprised that the queen owns those Devinchi (sp?) drawings--they are the most recognised and famous drawings.
The Queen has the largest collection in the world of Leonardo Da Vinci sketches and drawings. They are kept at Windsor Castle.

I Queen has a pretty cool collection. I like Millas hiar shorter. It is fresher and much more flattering. I just wish she would choose a more lively hair color. I would like to see a really light brown/dark blond color on her. There are security threats against New York so they have to be cautious. I cant believe people have time in their lives or are that obsessed to protest thier visit because a long dead women said one line about her " there were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded." Diana took half the blame which means charles and camilla take 25% each or it is what it really was and just charles and diana were not right to be married toghether. Those protesters need a life. Does anybody know how long their in the US. Will it be a whirlwind tour or more than a week.

Whew, we covered a bit of ground in that post!
I trust we won't get a continuing debate on blame apportionment following Princejonnhy25's interesting and novel percentage calculation:
Princejonnhy25 said:
Diana took half the blame which means Charles and Camilla take 25% each...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom