Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 25: September 2008-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
State Secretary Clinton and Chancellor Merkel are expected to dress neutrally boring because of the positions they occupy. There are different expectations for Duchess of Cornwall and First Ladies.

Thank you for the pictures Nico! :flowers: I think the outfit suited the occasion very well and she is leading by example of course, by recycling her outfits.

State Secretary Clinton and Chancellor Merkel are expected to dress neutrally boring because of the positions they occupy. There are different expectations for Duchess of Cornwall and First Ladies.
Clinton will probably wear one of her patent polyester power suits. . :D

I agree. It's probably her work/serious outfit. The other women are also in either drk blue or black. Maybe tonight people will 'lighten up' Smile.

I agree. It's probably her work/serious outfit. The other women are also in either drk blue or black. Maybe tonight people will 'lighten up' Smile.
Even Michelle Obama is in black, typical business attire. The last thing anyone needs to see, in this recession, (that is why they are all here), is a display of bright new clothing!

Brave Camilla?

I can't stand sensationalised journalism! So HRH is recovering from bronchitis...I don't see what's so 'brave' about her attendance, myself. That HRH was photographed conversing enthusiastically with President Obama and wife, Michelle, a day later at the Queen's reception for world leaders just makes the 'jurno' look stupid.

This is not a slur on the Duchess at all, whom I like very much...I just find it pretty poor to have described her attendance as 'brave', when it's a memorial service she attended. Damn media!

Was lovely to see her there.

Is that Sarkozy kissing Camilla's hand?
I love events like this its like a whole world gathering in england. :)
x

I realize there has been some innuendo in this thread about the Duchess, and that is everyone's right. I think she is very gracious, welcoming, harbors no prejudices, and makes an otherwise lackluster guy shine. More power to her.

Brave Camilla. sun article

Thanks for the link. Compared to the negative things in the press about Camilla I can overlook the dramatic line. Most of the article was about the service.I and my family are keeping the victims and survivors in our prayers. Hope you were not affected Madame.

Last edited:
Camilla's style on the Easter day.
http://i42.tinypic.com/2hpnnsw.jpg
oh camilla with the famous read hat :) she loves to wear this hat in April ; she was wearing this hat in her honey moon , and in her first wedding anniversay , and this month in he 4th wedding anniversary !
i agree with u , she looks more beautiful in the big hats , but this one suit her too ;)

I think the red beret contrasts beautifully with her hair. Although I look ridiculous in a beret, it's striking on Camilla.

I think the red beret contrasts beautifully with her hair. Although I look ridiculous in a beret, it's striking on Camilla.

I couldn't agree more.

Actually I don't even own a hat (other than a sun hat) because I just don't go anywhere to wear one, but I know I would look stupid in a beret (or at least I did when I had to wear one to school).

The hat looks familiar. It's nice of Prince Charles and Camilla to attend a memorial like this.
Did no royal family member attend the Hillsborough Memorial at Anfield?
x

thanks giov for the pictures !
the duchess looks great in black , and the hat suit her too much !

Yes, the outfit itself was worn once before during the Memorial Service for the Australian bushfires and the hat is an old favourite of the Duchess as well. But it is fab on her!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom