Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 23: March-May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday at 12.20 am the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will greet the French president Nicolas Sarkozy and his wife at Heathrow Airport.

( In the evening there will be a state banquet at Windsor Castle, so we can hope to see pics of Camilla wearing a tiara again.:wub:)

I've removed a few off-topic posts, and a longer discussion about the posting of off-topic comments.

While off-topic posting isn't encouraged, we realise that the doings of Charles and Camilla are relevant to people's lives and members will want to share their own experiences. As long as these asides are fairly short and don't derail the threads, we're more relaxed about them.

thanks,
Warren
on behalf of the British Moderators

Does anyone know yet what tiara Camilla wore at tonight's dinner?

There was no reciprocal dinner on the French State Visit. So unless there was some other formal event, I don't believe Camilla will be wearing a tiara tonight.

Check out pictures on Abaca press. The Duchess looks very pretty.

Mea culpa!!
Always a day late and a dollar short!

The fabulous dinner was on March 26.

Anyway, Camilla's tiara looks like one of the Queen Mum's??

Camilla looks so radiant in that cream coloured gown...and just dripping in diamonds...however, she earned every carat!

Could we get some photos of the dinner? I would love to see Camilla in all her glory.:flowers:

Georgiea,

Check out the France State visit to the United Kingdom thread. Lots of pics, from arrival, banquet (more than what we see when it's held at Buck House), departure, etc. :)

Prince Charles to give royal seal of approval to Birmingham Town Hall revamp
April 4

Thousands of families will gather in Victoria Square to catch a glimpse of The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall when they visit on April 22.

Prince Charles to give royal seal of approval to Birmingham Town Hall revamp - Birmingham Mail

Friends’ growing fears over Charles and Camilla’s three-year marriage as the rows escalate

Friends’ growing fears over Charles and Camilla’s three-year marriage as the rows escalate| News | This is London

I know someone of this newpaper/daily mail will write this kind of articles sooner or later because they do it regularly.. Of course they will pick up this anniversary time to imply these things.

Daily Mail Version, this time not Mr. Kay not a new generation of tabloid journalists?

Friends’ growing fears over Charles and Camilla’s three-year marriage as the rows escalate
Friends’ growing fears over Charles and Camilla’s three-year marriage as the rows escalate | the Daily Mail

Last edited:
Recently, I read a report that the Duchess' head of security at Ray Mill had died in unfortunate circumstances, and that HRH was very sad about it. The report continued that the Duchess knew him well, though, lately, she had spent decreasing amounts of time at Ray Mill. How does this marry with today's scuttlebutt? Ignore it, is my view. I don't know why it's so difficult to simply congratulate them both on their anniversary.

Recently, I read a report that the Duchess' head of security at Ray Mill had died in unfortunate circumstances, and that HRH was very sad about it. The report continued that the Duchess knew him well, though, lately, she had spent decreasing amounts of time at Ray Mill. How does this marry with today's scuttlebutt? Ignore it, is my view. I don't know why it's so difficult to simply congratulate them both on their anniversary.

Especially as they write sentences in the article like:
" Clarence House denies there is any rift." - are we to believe that the Mail actually asked the press officer of Clarence House if there is any rift between them and that they got an answer to that impertient question - not only an answer but an official denial? Come on!

No surprise to read this rubbish article in the D.... Mail now before their wedding anniversary.:bang:

We know that friends and aides of Charles and Camilla cooperate with tabloids like this Dirty one...and surely Clarence House gives statements about their marriage...:lol:
Some more jokes for a funny Sunday??:ROFLMAO:

Well, I sent a comment that won't be published so I thought I'd share it here;

And once again the Dirty Mail wages it's pathetic war against Charles and Camilla. It's now as much a part of this ridiculous collection of drivel as homophobic, racist and generally bigoted stories which attract right wing morons who believe every word you print. Charles will be our next King, Camilla will be our Queen and in the past 3 years neither one has put a single foot wrong. What a lovely sight this will be for the Duke of Edinburgh when he comes out of hospital, then again I'm sure he's intelligent enough to avoid your journalists and their fantasies which the Mail peddles as news. This story is pure arse gravy of the highest order and I can only hope that in the coming years the Daily Mail becomes forgotten as the relic it is. Pathetic.

I can not open your pictures. Another problem is that this 'story' is being picked up like it is real verified news on the msn and amex mobile sites. I personally think the couple should fight back but I know ignoring it is policy.

Well, I sent a comment that won't be published so I thought I'd share it here;

And once again the Dirty Mail wages it's pathetic war against Charles and Camilla. It's now as much a part of this ridiculous collection of drivel as homophobic, racist and generally bigoted stories which attract right wing morons who believe every word you print. Charles will be our next King, Camilla will be our Queen and in the past 3 years neither one has put a single foot wrong. What a lovely sight this will be for the Duke of Edinburgh when he comes out of hospital, then again I'm sure he's intelligent enough to avoid your journalists and their fantasies which the Mail peddles as news. This story is pure arse gravy of the highest order and I can only hope that in the coming years the Daily Mail becomes forgotten as the relic it is. Pathetic.
I will read the comments section with interest, but I really doubt they feel secure enough to publish this fine piece of journalism from you! :flowers:

Why should anyone care whether or not Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall are happy? It is a private matter. Their main job is to look happy in public. As for the rest, the couple in question can destroy each other in private. Therefore, the article under examination carries no valuable information.

I will read the comments section with interest, but I really doubt they feel secure enough to publish this fine piece of journalism from you! :flowers:

No BeatrixFans contribution was not posted by the D Mail. But believe it or not, they have actually posted some positive comments. :shock: Will wonders never cease.

Why should anyone care whether or not Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall are happy? It is a private matter. Their main job is to look happy in public. As for the rest, the couple in question can destroy each other in private. Therefore, the article under examination carries no valuable information.

Nobody can distinguish between the ´royal´ and the ´human being´. And when i do so much like the Prince and the Duchess, i´m interested of them as royals and also as persons. Who could say where the royal ends and the person starts, who could seperate it?

No couple who´destroy each other in private´ can ´ look happy in public´ ( maybe someone could act like this for a short time but not for longer, the marrige of Charles and Diana teached us this lesson...)

If a tabloid like the D.... Mail tries to damage the image of the future King and Queen again and again it´s more then annoying again and again.

Well, I dare to assume that Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall have to look happy in public, even if they are somewhat unhappy with each other in private. After all their story has been marketed as one of great true love that has stood the test of time. They have to maintain this image.
I have found the article rather stale and boring. Daily Mail sounds a bit like broken record.

I can not open your pictures.

If you are talking about the pictures posted by Nico in post #47, try pressing the "refresh" button when you get that message telling you you're not authorised to view them. :flowers:

Well, I dare to assume that Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall have to look happy in public, even if they are somewhat unhappy with each other in private. After all their story has been marketed as one of great true love that has stood the test of time. They have to maintain this image.

I understand what you are saying, and Charles would indeed seem a bit foolish if the great love story proved to be a work of fiction, but I think it would be very hard to feign the sort of affection and camaraderie that I see in so many of the published photos of Charles & Camilla. They are always chatting and smiling, and it all looks genuine to me. We have plenty of photographic evidence of what Charles looks like when he is not happy in his marriage, and that is not the Charles I see in the photos with Camilla.

Good comments from you all, why is it so difficult for people to be happy for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom