Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 22: November 2007-March 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Welcome to the Charles and Camilla current events thread, part 19

commencing November 2007

Part 18, covering the period June-November 2007, can be found here



The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall visited London's Chinatown today.
Their Royal Highnesses were greeted by a traditional Chinese lion dance as they stood beneath the dozens of red and gold lanterns hanging over Gerrard Street in Soho

The Prince of Wales - TRH visit London's Chinatown

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall visited London's Chinatown today.
Their Royal Highnesses were greeted by a traditional Chinese lion dance as they stood beneath the dozens of red and gold lanterns hanging over Gerrard Street in Soho

I like so much to read in the article that Camilla talked about her delight at the birth of her first grandchild Lola!:wub:

I just wonder whether it is an entirely new experience for Charles and Camilla to enjoy their lives together: wandering on the streets in London together.After all I don't believe Prince Charles has ever had any experience about wandering on the streets in London with his girlfriend and done some shopping together and lifted the shopping bags for his girlfriend. How sweet!:lol::wub:

Last edited:
There is a very cute picture in this week's Time magazine of Charles laughing very hard with 2 'show girl' types during the meet and greet after a fundraiser. They look a bit like what you would see in Rio at Carnival. Sorry, I'm a techno idiot or would have posted it. It is in the center-fold/middle section. They all seem to be having a great time.

There is a very cute picture in this week's Time magazine of Charles laughing very hard with 2 'show girl' types during the meet and greet after a fundraiser. They look a bit like what you would see in Rio at Carnival. Sorry, I'm a techno idiot or would have posted it. It is in the center-fold/middle section. They all seem to be having a great time.

You´re right scooter, these pics are great.:flowers: They are from a WWF gala, and iceflower posted them first at october 26 (post 51) in the Prine Charles current events thread. Here is my favourite again:

Fotobanka isifa image service

This is the pic you are referring to, in the POW current events thread and originally posted by iceflower.

Last edited:
Thats the one. Note how he is color co-ordinated with them. They think of everything! hehehe

Does anybody know about this?
[img=http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9862/saud2qj5.th.jpg]
HRH Prince Charles and HRH Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall arriving for a banquet hosted by HM the Queen for the King of Saudi Arabia at Buckingham Palace, London, UK, 30/10/2007.

Could it be an older photo? This is her family tiara. And where is her RFO?

I f i remember well, it was during a diplomatic reception in 2005.

I think that the car door just covered the Family Order when the press took the photo. I think it is the Diplomatic Reception for this year, as i have access to HQs from Alpha,and they said that the picture taken yesterday when The Queen gave a Diplomatic Reception. But such a pity that no pictures taken inside the Palace as like last year to see what did HM wear.

I think that the car door just covered the Family Order when the press took the photo. I think it is the Diplomatic Reception for this year, as i have access to HQs from Alpha,and they said that the picture taken yesterday when The Queen gave a Diplomatic Reception. But such a pity that no pictures taken inside the Palace as like last year to see what did HM wear.

OR - it may be a velvet coat covering a dress - the RFO would be on the dress rather than the coat. Don't lose hope - sometimes the pictures take a day or two to surface...

Does anybody know about this?
[img=http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9862/saud2qj5.th.jpg]
HRH Prince Charles and HRH Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall arriving for a banquet hosted by HM the Queen for the King of Saudi Arabia at Buckingham Palace, London, UK, 30/10/2007.

Could it be an older photo? This is her family tiara. And where is her RFO?
I don't believe it is from this year's banquet for the Saudi King as she is definitely wearing the wrong tiara and dress/jacket! The photo's in that thread clearly show the RFO and the Honeycomb tiara.

The Duke of York was at the Guildhall banquet, not Charles or Camilla.

Saudi Arabia State Visit Foreign & Commonwealth Office

Last edited:
I don't believe it is from this year's banquet for the Saudi King as she is definitely wearing the wrong tiara and dress/jacket! The photo's in that thread clearly show the RFO and the Honeycomb tiara.

The photo is from the reception for the Diplomatic Corps on 08. November. In 2005 she wore black/white.

Pics 9.11.2007

Camilla and Charles during a visit to the Shri Swaminarayan temple
in Neasden, London. Friday Nov. 9, 2007. Camilla and Prince Charles
joined in the celebrations for the Diwali, the Festival of Light which
welcomes in the Hindi New Year.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4

Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8

Thank you iceflower,:flowers:great pics!

another nice pic from yesterday:
British Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos

Royal visit for Indian restaurant
Prince Charles and Camilla have visited an Indian restaurant which is backing a new food information campaign.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | London | Royal visit for Indian restaurant

Camilla glows at Diwali tribute
Camilla wears a Tika Dot and a smile yesterday as she listens to Charles descibe her as his ´Darling wife.´

Camilla & Charles | Hindu temple visit | Diwali ceremony | The Sun |HomePage|News|Royals

Last edited:
I like this picture a lot, from the Hindu temple visit, but what are they doing? I'm curious. BTW, happy birthday to milla Ca (one day late, I think?) :flowers:

"Oops, he did it again...":wub: I like it but, where can I read his speech?

Here it is::flowers:

A speech by HRH The Prince of Wales to celebrate the Hindu festival of Diwali at the BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Neasden, Lomdon
9th November

´Swamiji, Ladies and Gentlemen, it gives me, and my darling wife, enormous pleasure to be able to join all of you on such a happy occasion.´

The Prince of Wales - Speeches and Articles

OR - it may be a velvet coat covering a dress - the RFO would be on the dress rather than the coat. Don't lose hope - sometimes the pictures take a day or two to surface...

Does camilla HAVE to wear the Royal family order now that the Queen gave it to her?
maybe she choose not to wear it since she just wore it to the saudi State banquet? or is there a protocal of when she has to wear it or she can choose to wear it?

Does camilla HAVE to wear the Royal family order now that the Queen gave it to her?
maybe she choose not to wear it since she just wore it to the saudi State banquet? or is there a protocal of when she has to wear it or she can choose to wear it?

When it's asked for in the dress code, she'll wear it.

At least in Uganda and Turkey they will ge sunshine and warmth !

Not an opportunity for tiaras though sadly.

Not an opportunity for tiaras though sadly.
There might be a Banquet for CHOGM like back in 2005. The Queen wore Granny Tiara with the white dress she wore on the State Visit to France in April 2004. I think there might be one this time, and as Charles and Camilla will also be there during the Meeting days, so i think she might opt for a Tiara with a dress as well.

From the article :

"A special thanksgiving service will be held to honour and celebrate Prince Charles, who will be accompanied on the visit by the Duchess of York."

I hope you're right, Skydragon - why would Charles spent his brithday with Sarah Ferguson? It boggles the mind, really.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom